Vilja in Skyrim for Skyrim Revisited

It works just as well to create one patch, creating more just makes it easier if you uninstall something. I personally patch *everything* into one esp but if you don't know how to easily remove the values from a mod you're deleting in the patch it can be a bit painful, so while I recommend it to keep esp-count down, I do so with caution.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works just as well to create one patch' date=' creating more just makes it easier if you uninstall something. I personally patch *everything* into one esp but if you don't know how to easily remove the values from a mod you're deleting in the patch it can be a bit painful, so while I recommend it to keep esp-count down, I do so with caution.[/quote']

I don't want to hijack this thread, but if you have any hints and tips on the subject of merging patches down, I'd find that extremely helpful.  With the most recent set of updates to base SR, I've just reached the point where I'm pushing past the .esp limit. I'm already merging what Bash picks up into my bashed patch and merging my dynamic patches with SUM, so I'm just now starting the journey of merging patches.

It works just as well to create one patch' date=' creating more just makes it easier if you uninstall something. I personally patch *everything* into one esp but if you don't know how to easily remove the values from a mod you're deleting in the patch it can be a bit painful' date=' so while I recommend it to keep esp-count down, I do so with caution.[/quote'']

I don't want to hijack this thread, but if you have any hints and tips on the subject of merging patches down, I'd find that extremely helpful. With the most recent set of updates to base SR, I've just reached the point where I'm pushing past the .esp limit. I'm already merging what Bash picks up into my bashed patch and merging my dynamic patches with SUM, so I'm just now starting the journey of merging patches.

I posted about it earlier today here on the SR forums so shouldn't be too hard to find :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I updated the main post with the couple issues you guys spotted. Sorry for the confusion. :wacko:

Select SoS - Civlization.esp, all Realistic Lighting Overhaul ESPs, EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp, VIS-SoS Patch.esp then click [OK].

should have been:

Select SoS - Civlization.esp, EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp, VIS-RLO Patch.esp then click [OK]. (don't need RLO files since we are only using nodes from VIS-RLO Patch)

(damn copy/paste)

An instruction line was missing for the logics:

Drag the "XCAS - Acoustic Space" from "SoS - Civlization.esp" to "VIS-SoS Patch.esp"

Drag the "XCAS - Acoustic Space" from "SoS - Civilization.esp" to "VIS-RLO-SoS Patch.esp".

and I forgot to mention a node for VIS-RLO Patch.esp:

Go to "EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp \ Cell \ Block 2 \ Sub-Block 2 \ 00016776"

Hopefully that's all. :D

For the multiple patches count:

Ideally you can create the patch separately and afterward combine them in a single VIS Patch.

This way, if you remove a mod included in the combined patch, you still have the singles one as backup.

Vilja also conflicts with SoS and/or RLO - Dungeons at nodes 000152BA, 00015258, 000275D8, 0003B696, 000BE46A, 00054B6F, 000471DC, 00015206, 0003E908, 000152A7, 00052FEB, 000371DD, 00015265, 00015283, 000D9DC7, 00015229.

While going through the list, I note that SoS- Dungeons also conflicts with Alternate Start at 0005DE24 (Helgen Keep), but it's conflicted on XCLW values, and is perhaps more in the nature of a wrong value in SoS.

Updated main post with SoS - Dungeons and RLO conflict.

I'm not sure why the XCLW value have been changed to 0 for the node 0005DE24. In UKSP, this value is still -2147483648.000000.

I've noticed this pattern in other nodes also.

Hopefully it should not be a huge deal. If it is a problem, maybe SoS would need a patch with the UKSP to revert these XCLW value.

You write:

Right-click on "VIS-RLO Patch" in the right pane and select "Copy as Override into...".

Select "VIS-RLO-SoS Patch".

Drag the "XCAS - Acoustic Space" from "SoS - The Dungeons.esp" to "VIS-RLO-SoS Patch.esp".

(snip)

Go to "EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp \ Cell \ Block 1 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00054B6F"

However I never see that this node (00054B6F) was ever added to the VIS-RLO Patch in a previous step.

Should we just first copy this as an override from EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp into VIS-RLO Patch, and then from there into VIS-RLO-SoS Patch?

At a VERY quick check this is the only node with a RLO-Dungeons & Vilja conflict. Should there have been a "warning section to deal with this?

You write:

Right-click on "VIS-RLO Patch" in the right pane and select "Copy as Override into...".

Select "VIS-RLO-SoS Patch".

Drag the "XCAS - Acoustic Space" from "SoS - The Dungeons.esp" to "VIS-RLO-SoS Patch.esp".

(snip)

However I never see that this node (00054B6F) was ever added to the VIS-RLO Patch in a previous step.

Should we just first copy this as an override from EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp into VIS-RLO Patch, and then from there into VIS-RLO-SoS Patch?

At a VERY quick check this is the only node with a RLO-Dungeons & Vilja conflict. Should there have been a "warning section to deal with this?

Apparently I had some node in my VIS-RLO Patch.esp that I forgot to mention about when I wrote the step for VIS-RLO Patch.esp.

Should also have been included in the VIS-RLO Patch.esp.

With this node in place, creating the VIS-RLO-SoS Patch should go as expected.

Updated main post with SoS - Dungeons and RLO conflict.

I'm not sure why the XCLW value have been changed to 0 for the node 0005DE24. In UKSP, this value is still -2147483648.000000.

I've noticed this pattern in other nodes also.

Hopefully it should not be a huge deal. If it is a problem, maybe SoS would need a patch with the UKSP to revert these XCLW value.

I vaguely remembered that one of the DLCs changed these.  Has anyone checked that a future DLC or Unofficial Patch doesn't alter these?

That said I think Vilja was built without reference to Dawnguard or Hearthfire as the author did not want them to be a dependency.

And thanks for the very fast reply above.

Notes on how to merge all the Vilja patches into one might be handy too! :)

Notes on how to merge all the Vilja patches into one might be handy too! :)

As of now, I have never done it and not sure how to do it exactly. :teehee:

Like this:

Open TES5Edit.

Select VIS-RLO Patch.esp, VIS-SoS Patch.esp, and VIS-RLO-SoS Patch.esp.

Expand VIS-RLO Patch.esp and Right Click "Cell".

Select "Deep Copy as Override Into...."

In the file select dialogue, select "New File". Name the new file VIS MultiPatch (or whatever you want.)

Repeat this for VIS-SoS Patch.esp and VIS-RLO-SoS Patch.esp, selecting to deep copy into your new MultiPatch.

In Mod Organiser, deactivate the three original patch .esp's and enable the MultiPatch esp. Add the MultiPatch to BUM.

This logic can be followed to merge all your Compatibility Patches into a single .esp. It won't just be Cell records you copy, but the process is exactly the same, just deep copy every section you find when you expand each .esp.

(hattip Vond)

I already merge all my SR patches, along with the Vilja and other companion mods' patches into a large compatibility patch, along with the bashed patch. Note that if you're using the bash patch, Realistic Crime Radius can be removed and replaced with the game settings in the bashed patch tweaked to crime radius 1000. It also merges some 4 ESPs in your standard SR load order. Meanwhile, 26 moon size tweaks's ESPs is also mergeable into a patch (I took a tip from Vond in this and merged them into SR's General Patch), since all it does is alter some minor game settings. In this scenario, make sure the General Patch loads dead last. My order goes like this:

SR installation ESPs

General Overrides Patch (my merged SR compatibility patches along with patches for other non SR mods)

{character name}merged (xEdit created merged patch-- make sure no leveled lists are in here)

Bashed Patch (4 SR mods' ESPs are merged in here, crime report radius setting tweak set to 1000)

SUM (AV+DSR for standard SR install, and any other Skyproc patches)

General Patch (same as SR, but with 26 Moon Size Tweak ESPs merged into it. Other mods that are similar GMST stuff could come here too)