Freeze's or CTD

phazer11

Question

I don't understand why but I keep CTD'ing between Riverwood and Helgen. I've tried uninstalling Alternate Start and SoS performing a SUM patch at each step and several other things like checking my patches. My BOSS log is attached. I'll also freeze on load screens around these areas some times. I had it working at one point but... *sigh* 

I don't have Dawnguard or Hearthfires or Dragonborn so I did not perform those edits or install those mod that required those DLC's. I've also stuck with the old version of AV as the new one gets an error (I've posted on Levi's page)

Also it doesn't make a difference if I have Drinking Fountains of Skyrim and it's RND patch disabled, deleted or uninstalled.

BOSSlog.txt

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Looks like an issue with the moss texture that is supposed to be on the towers etc. If you optimized it then that might be why.

Try to locate another fort and see if the problem is also present there.

Normally the only issue is that the decal pops in and out at a certain distance due to some weird way of the game handling mip maps for decal textures.

Yeah weird right? Here's what it looks like after I left the game running overnight. Nevermind  it didn't look any different but same type thing is happening with the steps and interior of that same tower. I might need to reoptimize the vanilla textures. It's very strange.

Posted Image

Also I'm still only pulling around 45-50 sometimes 60 FPS; all the way down to 38 in that cinematic. Which causes it to stutter occasionally anyone have any ini tweaks that might help? I'd like good shadows but I'd like to have an ENB as well so would probably accept the need for reduced shadows if I could get an ENB up and running.

Which moss texture? If it's in the HRDLC or Vanilla then likely so. If you are talking about texture mods I didn't mess with the mossy rocks or any of those.

The moss decal texture is part of the HDDLC as I recall. There is a vanilla issue with that particular texture popping into view at a certain distance because it has some horrible mip map levels.

However your screens suggest that something is wrong with the actual texture. If it was me I would just find the texture name in the CK and then see if it looks proper in a program like gimp/photoshop etc.

Also getting rid of every stutter is just about impossible with the amount of mods running in SR. If you get past 40 FPS average then that is very decent performance wise. Especially in the helgen intro because loads of stuff is happening there.

I think the texture you are looking for is either going to be textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01.dds, impextdecals01ice.dds or impextdecals01_n.dds

The only non STEP mod I found the texture in is Langleys Wood Metal and Stone Workshop, I don't know if Revisited adds any on top of STEP.

I'll look at langley's then I optimized it I think. It's non of the vanilla or HRDLC textures that much I do know.

On the fps front I'm at ~20 fps with ENB enabled

Edit: Come to think on it I optimized the whole Langleys pack instead of the archive I made for Skyrim Revisited.  Which now I look at it does not have those files. 

Edit #2: Yup it was Langley's thanks Wormheart