ENB Issue

Solist

Question

So as not to clutter the already massive SR Feedback thread...

I've just setup Neo's RealVision ENB configration and tried it out for the first time. Background, I'm using a fully modded SR, opted per Neo's recommendations and can push my install pretty far with near zero issues in performance or visuals.

Upon enabling the ENB, it goes to complete ****. A total crawl.

Normal loading from menu to in-game is a few seconds, with ENB RealVision enabled it's 20+ seconds. Then it takes a bit to draw things in but never fully recovers to my previously smooth state. Turning around is choppy, performance is unusable.

So my question is for you ENB masters out there, what tweaks should I look in to in order to resolve this? I have a more than powerful enough rig, and I've had no performance issues to date. Disabling the ENB returns everything back to normal.

I tried reducing the ShadowMaps by 50% in the INI settings but that had no positive effect. Anything else to try?

I'm using ENBversion 0.168 with RealVision ENB.

Thanks.

• Answers 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Alright well this sucks. I disabled DOF, AA and Blur and basically received no performance boost in FPS; quite simply nothing.

OH - and I am getting the exact same FPS issues with this ENB on my home computer as well (what I'm testing on right now). Work gaming computer and home gaming computer have the exact same FPS drop results.

I want to try some other ENBs to test with, but looking at Project ENB it seems a slightly more complicated setup than RealVision. What are one or two other "easy" ENB presets to try out that mirror the simplicity of RealVision (select files and wallah).

Is ProjectENB just as simple, but to also include the Data folder or was I reading too much into the setup?

Ok so something isn't working right with the Injector version.

I did a new install of the RealVision preset to ensure all options were enabled as when using the Injector one I noticed DOF wasn't being applied (an easy way to test it's working).

I switched to Wrapper, and get the FPS loss. Switch to Injector and game is fine but it appears the ENB isn't being used as no effects are being applied.

How do I install the Injector version in ENB Manager? Just select ENBInjector.exe instead of d3d9.dll like we do for the Wrapper?

Also, is there a way to bring up the config menu while using the Injector version (Shift + Enter)? That wasn't working for me which is making me think the injector isn't firing at all, even though all the files are appearing in my Skyrim folder.

You need to run the injector exe manually before starting Skyrim. (Assume you also installed its INI' date=' etc.)[/quote']

So still run ENB manager so it dumps files into Skyrim, but then launch ENBInjector.exe before launching Skyrim via ModOrganizer.

You need to run the injector exe manually before starting Skyrim. (Assume you also installed its INI' date=' etc.)[/quote']

So still run ENB manager so it dumps files into Skyrim' date=' but then launch ENBInjector.exe before launching Skyrim via ModOrganizer.

[/quote']

Dont forget the injector has it's own dll (enbseries.dll)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

So still run ENB manager so it dumps files into Skyrim' date=' but then launch ENBInjector.exe before launching Skyrim via ModOrganizer.[/quote']

Dont forget the injector has it's own dll (enbseries.dll)

That's what I was asking before. When setting up the RealVision as the Injector version in ENB Manager, what files do we select? When doing the Wrapper version all you select is d3d9.dll. What files should be selected for the Injector version? ENBInjector.exe, enbseries.dll? Anything else?

Sorry for the noob questions here, never got into ENBs as I was always so focused on the rest of the mods and setup.

Also, here is what I've added to the enbinjector.ini file - please confirm:

[TARGETPROCESS]

ProcessName0=SkyrimLauncher.exe

ProcessName1=skse_loader.exe

ProcessName2=tesv.exe

Yeah, skip d3d9.dll and grab the injector exe and ini + enbseries.dll - thats it. The injector ini looks fine but the default settings works anyway as skse loads up tesv.exe

Okay... still with the issue I see :S It is really fishy!

The easy "fool" proof way!

For injector first just take the entire content of the injector folder from enbdev.com EXCEPT the raindrops folder and the txt files and put it into your skyrim folder.

Now take all the realvision ENB contents and just overwrite as required!

(Seriously that ENB manager is not worth the trouble imo... ENB is simply just copy paste. It does not get easier!)

Activate the ENBinjector application. You will get a small window that says it is running. Now start skyrim and it should work.

Also make sure the d3d9.dll is gone, you do not want to try to run both injector and wrapper at the same time :P

Also I thought you already had tried a different preset.... really should have been one of the first things to try out!

Ding Ding Ding.

Nixing ENB Manager did the trick, and I did try out another ENB preset with the same results; sorry I didn't make that clear earlier. I just wanted to try out Project ENB specifically and it seemed rather complicated.

So anyway, I just moved everything myself into Skyrim directory and bumped up to 42.5 FPS with DoF and Skylighting disabled.

Wheeee...thanks all. One minor annoyance is the intensity of the Sunray when you look in the direction of the sun. I was in the woods and I had a sun ray shooting at me from eye level, through mountains! I know you can disable it, but any special tweaks now that I've got this thing working? I can post my ini if that helps.

Here are two quick shots now that I have it going, at work right now so this is from my laptop at 42.5 FPS w/ DoF and SkyLighting disabled, the rest is on including AA:

Posted Image

Posted Image