ENB Issue

Solist

Question

So as not to clutter the already massive SR Feedback thread...

I've just setup Neo's RealVision ENB configration and tried it out for the first time. Background, I'm using a fully modded SR, opted per Neo's recommendations and can push my install pretty far with near zero issues in performance or visuals.

Upon enabling the ENB, it goes to complete ****. A total crawl.

Normal loading from menu to in-game is a few seconds, with ENB RealVision enabled it's 20+ seconds. Then it takes a bit to draw things in but never fully recovers to my previously smooth state. Turning around is choppy, performance is unusable.

So my question is for you ENB masters out there, what tweaks should I look in to in order to resolve this? I have a more than powerful enough rig, and I've had no performance issues to date. Disabling the ENB returns everything back to normal.

I tried reducing the ShadowMaps by 50% in the INI settings but that had no positive effect. Anything else to try?

I'm using ENBversion 0.168 with RealVision ENB.

Thanks.

• Answers 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If we use DoF with the ENB' date=' do we need it enabled in the .ini? Does it even matter?[/quote']

Nope, you don't need it on in skyrims ini. In fact, newer ENB versions even have a line in enbseries.ini to turn it off that way too, because of some testing that Boris was doing with motion blur etc

Well going back to v119 is not so good since it is not really compatible with the newer presets...

Newer presets have a different way of dealing with day night and interior/exterior values... So that is why they look strange.

I assume you have also tried other presets then realvision?

Nope that was my first ENB attempt. I'll try a few more this evening and report my results. Thanks all! :)

Vond: There's actually quite a lot of newer presets that still use v119 just because it was the last version with hardware AA. Project ENB in my book beats 99% of presets using newer ENB versions (including RealVision, but that's personal opinion), uses v119 and is much less resourcehungry. 

Oh and it's updated for current CoT / RLO

I know, I just said that the difference between newer presets and v.119 is not just in the AA... they also deal with some effect values in different ways, which is why it is not just a trivial matter to convert a preset from pre v.119 to post. 

I also agree that his work is by far some of the best around! 

I do not agree with the less resource hungry.... I get worse performance with SSAO in v.119 then I do in the newer versions... which is why I upgraded... I like SSAO more then AA. 

I do not agree with the less resource hungry.... I get worse performance with SSAO in v.119 then I do in the newer versions... which is why I upgraded... I like SSAO more then AA.

Thats odd, i get better performance and IQ with 119 with SSAA, and can use SSAO then. With later versions the SSAO just causes shimmer on everything for me no matter how much I crank it up, so I get seasick and need to stop playing :/

As for being hard to convert, indeed. I believe it was at v139 everything was changed in regards to colors etc, which is why project ENB is still using v119 afaik, as he hasn't had time or energy to rewrite it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If we use DoF with the ENB' date=' do we need it enabled in the .ini? Does it even matter?[/quote']

Nope' date=' you don't need it on in skyrims ini. In fact, newer ENB versions even have a line in enbseries.ini to turn it off that way too, because of some testing that Boris was doing with motion blur etc[/quote']

Using Realvision (with DoF' date=' Blur and AntiAliaising disabled) I get distant mountains changing rapidly from bare to rocky on part of the slope(s) during bright days. Is this z-Fighting? Would disabling SSAO fix this?[/quote']

noticed that too - with dof disabled(don't like too blurred image). Reverted to previous ENB preset I used and all is nice again.

Realvision also seems to me unreal bright in daytime and unreal dark at nighttime(if to reduce brightness settings in game options) - is where any way to fix it?

Using Realvision (with DoF' date=' Blur and AntiAliaising disabled) I get distant mountains changing rapidly from bare to rocky on part of the slope(s) during bright days. Is this z-Fighting? Would disabling SSAO fix this?[/quote']

noticed that too - with dof disabled(don't like too blurred image). Reverted to previous ENB preset I used and all is nice again.

Realvision also seems to me unreal bright in daytime and unreal dark at nighttime(if to reduce brightness settings in game options) - is where any way to fix it?

Noticed the z-fighting is a little worse, not that noticible with DoF going. Might want to ask the author.

Revert Climates of Tamriel to default (remove level 4 esp) to fix the night times. Nights are actually very nice in this preset once you do this.

Also, if your using Nvidia make sure your using the WHQL driver and not the 320 beta driver, there are known issues with the latest ENB and that driver. (might be the cause of some of your problems, I know it fixed me up.)

Here are some of my selected images from tonights playtime:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Noticed the z-fighting is a little worse' date=' not that noticible with DoF going. Might want to ask the author.

Revert Climates of Tamriel to default (remove level 4 esp) to fix the night times. Nights are actually very nice in this preset once you do this.

Also, if your using Nvidia make sure your using the WHQL driver and not the 320 beta driver, there are known issues with the latest ENB and that driver. (might be the cause of some of your problems, I know it fixed me up.)

[/quote']

Oh, thanks, I forgot about CoT nights plugin. As about Nvidia drivers - yes, I never use beta versions:)

By the way, nice pics you posted here:)

I will post some comparison screenshots between Realvision and YAENB later.

What ENB had you been using? YAENB?

What ENB had you been using? YAENB?

RealVision. But z-fighting and too bright image forced me back to YAENB. I will post screens later as I said.

0ooOoOOoOoooooohhh...let me revert and see what happens!

Was all psyched to work on this last night, but fell asleep on the couch watching the Blackhawks game after the 1st period, doh! Thank goodness they won~

@Neo - what ENB preset are you using? v0.168?