BFS Effects mod not working

DoYouEvenModBro

Question

12 answers to this question

Start TES5Edit and click OK (which includes all mods). Find the BFS effects mod and click the plus sign next to the name (which opens up the list of record types in the mod). You can then click on the plus sign next to each record type and see whether there are conflicts (red background on a record). When I looked at my game and did this all the records had the generic white background indicating that there were't any mods that changed records that BFS effects uses. There can still be problems, of course, with the scripts that BFS effects uses. TES5Edit doesn't check these.

Okay I just tested it. It is working for me, but only around 1 out of 4 times. You'd think it would be 100% of the time as each "magical" kill should end in the same result.

Apparently it only works if the NPC is killed directly by the impact of your spell/enchanted weapon and NOT if they are killed by a burning/freezing/whatever effect caused by your spell/enchanted weapon. I could be wrong but if that's the case, I'd strongly suggest the mod author to fix it cause that's kinda dumb.

I was using spells with God Mode enabled so I wouldn't run out of magic to test it. Meaning they would 100% die from the spell impact. Didn't test weapons.