Monster Mod (by Dogtown1 & Ironman5000)

peppergomez

I'm not overly impressed tbh... doesn't really fit Skyrim like SiC does.

Gopher was talking about SiC issues in his latest Skyrim let's play. Apparently it is not possible to remove the mod correctly yet, since this may do funky things with the levelled lists...

But since Gopher is waiting for a clean deinstallation method and might do this himself, that might not be too much of an issue. If SiC was ever considered for STEP, I'ld go with the Purist version... even though that means less customization.

I don't think mods like Immersive Creatures and the Monster Mod would really fit within STEP. Think those belong in pack mods instead - would be a stretch for me to see these in STEP myself.

That being said, jackstarr (who made the lore-friendly replacers for MoMod and Immersive Creatures) is working on a version of this mod with no crazy or obviously non-lore fitting creatures. Would be intresting to see.

The Lore Friendly Purist plugin with the old monster mod fit in really well with Tamriel. It just added creatures from TES games that Beth didn't add into Skyrim like Minotaurs, Ogres, and Imps... If you can add in some Oblivion gates, a few Oblivion creatures isn't that intrusive.