German Championsleague Finals in Wembley

torminater

Hey folks,

any football (soccer for our american friends ;-P) fans around here?

What do you guys think about the German - German final in Wembley this year? As I am a German myself, I am very proud of the way our football has developed over the last 9 years. Since I don't hold any particular sympathies for one of the two teams Borussia Dortmund or Bayern München, I'll just enjoy the game in some pub in my town.

The championsleague season this year makes me hoping for an international title for the German national football team next year and the championships in the next couple of years. In my opinion we're overdue already! :D

Cheers,

torminater

As a fan of good football, I'm looking forward to it. Dortmund has been "my team" in the Bundesliga since I was little too so quite excited, both teams have been extremely impressive in CL this year... Even if it's not a team I follow closely like my local team and Tottenham (like most swedes, I have a fav team in Sweden that I follow and one in England that I follow just as closely. This has been the way in Sweden since the 70's or so).

And on saturday we get a little sneakpeak as they face off against eachother in the league as well, even if the game doesn't really mean anything for either team. Bayern clinched the title long ago and Dortmund would have to fall apart completely to lose their 2nd place finish.

Neither Bayern nor Dortmund will play with their top players, but nevertheless both teams will give their utmost to win the "prestige duel". Since the game takes place in Dortmund, I cannot say for sure who is going to win, but if I had to make a call I'ld say Bayern wins both the next game and the final. They have never been as successfull (they still are breaking records this season, countless already), physically strong and determined as they were in this playtime. But if Dortmund wins the final, that would be one major coup which shows the world, that money doesn't buy championships (at least not to every extent)...