CTD Problems + System Memory Question

dem1an

Question

I finally completed the clean installation of STEP/Skyrim Revisited + SkyRe, et. al.  I'm getting random CTD's.  Sometimes entering new spaces, sometimes randomly.  BTW, the game looks gorgeous and has good FPS.  I'm doing a Stendarr priest alternate start and I want to play!

I have Win 7 64-bit and a decent HD7900 video card, no overclocking.  I've loaded mostly 1K (objects) and 2K graphics (landscape).  I'm wondering if my 6GB of system memory is the source of trouble.  What's the best way to tell if this is causing these issues?  How much system memory is ideal?  Of course, it could be a problem with something I've installed or a step I missed.  I do have 300+ installed mods, but it's this site's fault I have this many!

I did try taking out the Z fighting edits and the LargeIntRefCount to see if this was causing it.

It seems like the number just gets bigger and bigger as you traverse into more areas. It doesn't seem like the memory is being properly freed.

You are very right... the latest patch did make this much better though. But there still are room for improvements. 

The easy solution to this is to just save and quit to menu and reload. Then you will force the game to unload everything that is not required.