More HotKeys Please! (by Spinner385)

Kelmych

There have been several discussions and recommendations over the past month for mods that provide hotkeys and/or equipment sets. The SkyUI team has been discussing a potential of adding some capability to SkyUI, but they haven't been able to identify what would make sense for them to add. I wanted STEP users who have been looking at alternate mods to know about More Hotkeys Please.

I've been testing More HotKeys Please for several weeks now and I have been very pleased with the functionality and flexibility it provides, as have others who mentioned this mod. I have looked at a number of the other hotkey-related mods that have been suggested, but I feel More Hotkeys Please is more powerful and useful.

The main capabilities it has are:

• creation of a set of weapons/armor and spells that can be equipped using a single hot key (IMO it is more flexible and powerful than any of the mods that can be used to create "equipment sets".)
  • creation of a sequence of spells (and potions) that can be autocast/used with a single hotkey (The autocast capability has significant flexibility (e.g., which hand/hands are used, re-equip previous equipment/spells in the hands being used after autocast completes).
  • MCM UI for creating these hotkeys which can be single keys or a sequence (e.g., right control key followed by p), unlike some of the other hotkey mods. A hotkey can use any keyboard key that is not being used by vanilla or another mod.
There is a good video on the Nexus site that shows some of the power of the mod, but since it is oriented to a console controller and was done before the new MCM menu was available, the UI shown isn't what keyboard/mouse users would use. Unfortunately there aren't any tutorials for using the MCM menu to create hotkeys so at the moment it takes some trial and error to learn how to do this.

I still use Categorized Favorite Menus along with this mod. CFM provides a full screen UI for selecting a single spell, item, etc. and I still use it when I need this. But for the "equipment sets" capability (and spell  sequence autocast) I feel that More Hotkeys Please already has a better way to do this.

Thanks Kelmych. I didn't realise that this had so much functionality, and quickly switching loadouts for different situations with a hotkey is a major win IMHO. I'll have a play, but from the sound of it I would strongly support its inclusion.

I can support this mod' date=' too. Also the mod author is very active in solving problems.[/quote']

I second this. I've been using this mod since its early days. I couldn't even consider playing without it now.

A few months ago I had an issue and Spinner was very helpful. Most authors would just tell you it's an issue with another mod and wash their hands of the issue, but he was with me every step of the way.

I could not recommend this mod enough. I consider it as essential as mods like SkyUI.

• 4 months later...

I recently started using it as well, but I sadly just can't get the autocast functions to work, despite adjusting the timeframes and such as suggested in the comments. It's not really a big deal and if I was really invested into it, I could probably do something macro-y with my keyboard instead, but it's really a great mod even without that functionality.

• 8 years later...
On 4/25/2013 at 7:39 PM, Kelmych said:

in capabilities it has are:

• creation of a set of weapons/armor and spells that can be equipped using a single hot key (IMO it is more flexible and powerful than any of the mods that can be used to create "equipment sets".)

HOW do you create a set?  I can only do anything through the mod options because the setup hotkey spell does not work!

16 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

This mod is very old and may no longer work. 

It is also no longer available on Nexus. These sorts of mods have always been a bit hit/miss in terms of whether or not they work as expected for a given user, since OS settings can impact (and SKSE/controller configs). There are some old Reddit posts on this particular mod not behaving as expected.