Belt-Fastened Quivers - Skeleton Replacer

darthbdaman

Belt-Fastened Quivers - Skeleton Replacer

This is a standalone addon for Frostfall, which does not require it.

It re-positions the quivers to your belt so that they do not clip with backpacks, like those included in Wet and Cold. This reduces a lot of the clipping on your back, including clipping present in vanilla, like that with bows and two-handed weapons.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton now includes a version that supports the Belt-Fastened Quivers - Skeleton Replacer, so I see no reason to not use, as it fixes what I would consider bugs in vanilla.

I tested them. They appear to work fine together.

And something interesting i found with dual sheathe redux. The crossbow is clipping through the body while it it is being. The crossbow is stuck halfway into the body. it is definitely dual sheathe redux doing this.

I tested them. They appear to work fine together.

And something interesting i found with dual sheathe redux. The crossbow is clipping through the body while it it is being. The crossbow is stuck halfway into the body. it is definitely dual sheathe redux doing this.

More likely the skeleton or animations, I don't touch crossbows or weapon positions for those.

On further inspection it isn't fixed. I am going to guess that this is just a vanilla issue. If anyone wants to check their crossbows and see if they are clipping in vanilla, it would be greatly appreciated.

But all these problems are unrelated to belt fastened quivers, which works great and I think should be added to S.T.E.P

I use this mod, because I use Frostfall as well. I use the skeleton mod that Frostfall suggests and it works fine with Closer Arrows. I am not sure about crossbows, I never used one in this playthrough (yet).

There are some clipping issues with cloaks - but it's not too bad. The clipping is inevitable, unfortunately there is no way for all of these mods playing nicely together. Saying that, I would rather have quivers clipping a little with cloaks than clipping BADLY with backpacks.

But all these problems are unrelated to belt fastened quivers, which works great and I think should be added to S.T.E.P

If Wet & Cold allows the player to use backpacks - I also this mod should be part of STEP. W&C description states:

Survival Gear: [sKSE]

All NPCs except followers will have backpacks equipped while traveling outside of villages and cities. Fur backpacks are more likely to be equipped in the colder regions than leather backpacks. Leather backpacks will auto-adjust to fur cloaks to prevent clipping upon unequipping/equipping a bag. This feature will not work on NPCs with fur cloaks distributed through leveled lists.

This suggests to me that the player character is not getting backpacks as part of W&C. If this is indeed the case, Belt Fastened Quivers shouldn't be considered as an essential part of STEP - it is not fixing anything for vanilla game, it is not really enhancing it in any way - it's just a fancy change, a matter of taste. Don't get me wrong, I do like this mod, but we need to adhere to STEP mandate here.