Any mods to...

1) Remove the red enemy indicators from the compass? What bothers me is that they appear before I see/engage hostiles, so it's kind of a cheat.

2) Remove the "combat music" that is triggered when in proximity to hostiles, before I've even seen them? Ruins the element of surprise, and is also a cheat.

PRetty sure both of these mods existed for Oblivion.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't mind sometimes having the compass itself turned off, but I find the new Active Effects feature in SkyUI is very important if you use spells to protect your character. These spells have fairly short duration in Skyrim and need to be recast frequently. If you turn off the compass you lost the effects display.

I haven't seen any mods that are compatible with SkyUI and NACMIM that change the map markers on the compass display without affecting the rest of the compass.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind sometimes having the compass itself turned off, but I find the new Active Effects feature in SkyUI is very important if you use spells to protect your character. These spells have fairly short duration in Skyrim and need to be recast frequently. If you turn off the compass you lost the effects display.

I haven't seen any mods that are compatible with SkyUI and NACMIM that change enemy marker display without affecting the rest of the compass.

Doesn't Less Intrusive HUD do that?

Less Intrusive HUD, and Simple Crosshair in the STEP list, don't provide their own colored map markers on the compass. Moreover, as they state in their descriptions, they are not compatible with any mod that changes hudmenu.swf or hudmenu.gfx. The mods that do provide colored map markers change hudmenu.gfx, so you can't have colored map markers with either of these two HUD mods.

Immersive HUD, also in the STEP list, is compatible with mods that add colored map markers since Immersive HUD doesn't change hudmenu.gfx. However, Immersive HUD doesn't have all of the features that these other two mods have; it does, of course, have a fairly large set of useful HUD features.