Trade and Barter (by kryptopyr)

Yggdrasilion

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I noticed that there is now also a LITE version, which does not require SKSE or SkyUI. Perhaps this is an alternative to the current STEP recommendation of installing the full T&B but not activating it. I suppose the LITE version does the same thing?

The LITE version has been around since STEP started using this mod. I believe there are fixes not in the lite version that the team wanted to use but I am unsure.

Look at the pages in this thread and you can see comments from Kryptopyr himself. In regards to the lite version among the changes we were looking to use.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This might be a stupid question, but is this compatible with Trade Routes, or does it do what that mod does and then some, OR do they kind of supplement each other?

Did you read the mod description for Trade Routes?

Trade & Barter - Compatible

If TradeBarter.esp is placed after TradesRoutes.esp in your load order, both mods will function normally. However, because T&B makes numerous (and sometimes very potent) changes to buy/sell prices under various circumstances, it's not possible for Trade Routes to ensure consistent profitability of all routes. With high enough Speech skill and time spent acquiring the other bonuses offered by T&B you should still be able to make some profit from one or both trade loops, but the profit potential is likely to vary greatly from one leg to the next.

Should I feel bad for necroing this btw? I'm not overly familiar with forums.

Edited by TorNyan

• 3 months later...

I believe some conditionals need to be added to the notes for this mod explaining why it's not recommended to enable it in MCM. I would make this change to the Wiki myself, but it shows the error, "protected to prevent editing or other actions."

More generally speaking, I'm going down the STEP: Core installation instructions for the first time and I need to know what recommendations are made based on keeping a vanilla experience. STEP: Core is also aimed at users who want a solid foundation on which to install non-vanilla mods.

• +1 1