Trade and Barter (by kryptopyr)

Yggdrasilion

It's not a problem to use this mod with an existing character. If STEP wants to recommend only the fixes, then you can suggest installing the mod and activating the .esp, but not clicking "start mod" in the MCM options. The fixes to the Investor perk will occur automatically as soon as the mod is added to the game. However, all of the gameplay changes will remain dormant until started in the Mod Configuration Menu.

As statmonster mentions, the barter settings and merchant respawn rate can also be left unactivated independently of the other options. I did this to avoid conflicts with other mods that might be trying to edit the game settings via script. By leaving these options deactivated, it means that Trade & Barter won't touch these game settings, completely avoiding any possible conflict with other mods that may be altering these settings directly or via script. I don't think this is currently an issue for STEP, as I don't think any of the mods included change these settings.

Hey folks,

This mod looks good, given that my level 40 character is finding it way too easy to become filthy rich from selling gear found in dungeon crawls.

I have a STEP install, and will I be good to go to install the latest full version of this mod via Wrye Bash, runn BOSS to place it in the load order, rebuild my bash patch, and then go from there? (I would enable the mod and adjust the settings to my preference from within the SKYUI mod config manager)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe Kry can release only the fixes in a separate esp, just for STEP?

btw, are there planned addons for the other DLCs, or they're not necessary?

Didn't he make it so even if you do not start the mod in the menu that is essentially what it does? That is what we were suggesting too according to page one.

As for DLC plans. From the Author :)

-- "Yes, it is compatible with all of the official DLCs. I have not added any specific adjustments related to any of the DLCs just yet, but all of the existing features will work fine regardless of whether or not you have any or all of the DLCs installed. A future update will likely include Dawnguard factions in with the faction bonus, Location adjustments for Solstheim, etc." --

Maybe Kry can release only the fixes in a separate esp, just for STEP?

btw, are there planned addons for the other DLCs, or they're not necessary?

Didn't he make it so even if you do not start the mod in the menu that is essentially what it does? That is what we were suggesting too according to page one.

As for DLC plans. From the Author :)

-- "Yes, it is compatible with all of the official DLCs. I have not added any specific adjustments related to any of the DLCs just yet, but all of the existing features will work fine regardless of whether or not you have any or all of the DLCs installed. A future update will likely include Dawnguard factions in with the faction bonus, Location adjustments for Solstheim, etc." --

thank you per the clarifications!

Eliian is correct on both counts. If you don't activate the mod in the MCM menu, then you're just getting the fixes and nothing else. And I'm still planning to eventually add some DLC-specific features, but since it's not critical to the function of the mod it's not very high on my list right now.

Eliian is correct on both counts. If you don't activate the mod in the MCM menu' date=' then you're just getting the fixes and nothing else. And I'm still planning to eventually add some DLC-specific features, but since it's not critical to the function of the mod it's not very high on my list right now.[/quote']

Thanks Kry, i'm a big fan of all your mods indeed ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What does this mean "but do not click "start mod" in the MCM options"?

https://wiki.step-project.com/Trade_%26_Barter

Have a look few posts above.

It's not a problem to use this mod with an existing character. If STEP wants to recommend only the fixes, then you can suggest installing the mod and activating the .esp, but not clicking "start mod" in the MCM options. The fixes to the Investor perk will occur automatically as soon as the mod is added to the game. However, all of the gameplay changes will remain dormant until started in the Mod Configuration Menu.

As statmonster mentions, the barter settings and merchant respawn rate can also be left unactivated independently of the other options. I did this to avoid conflicts with other mods that might be trying to edit the game settings via script. By leaving these options deactivated, it means that Trade & Barter won't touch these game settings, completely avoiding any possible conflict with other mods that may be altering these settings directly or via script. I don't think this is currently an issue for STEP, as I don't think any of the mods included change these settings.

It means exactly what is says - install the mod, activate the esp, but to not start the mod in MCM menu.