Ancient Falmer Armor HD Retext & Redone (by Barneq)

DCS78

Which version of the armor (in post #16) is the best?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which version of the armor (in post #16) is the best?

• Vanilla
    • Modded (no optionals)
    • Modded with ragged optional
    • Modded with glow optional

Poll has been reset, since, while prepearing a new SR installation for testing, I decided to take screenshots of my character wearing the armor outside of Helgen Keep. Yes, it's at a really early stage, so no ENB or major lighting mods were installed yet.

In order, vanilla/HRDLC, modded, w/ragged optional, w/glow optional:

From the front:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

From the back: (Note: It's the same color as the front, just that the lighting's different.)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The armor does look a lot better outside of a lighting studio, I must admit...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the back of the armor (modded) looks like cloth, not like anything which could withstand even a skeever bite...

I'm against this mod. The retexture makes the armor look clean, cloth-like, ornaments painted on top... all in all I'll wait for Cabal to make a retex.

I would not use it for one simple reason that puts me off and makes me LOL: the lower ornament on the back looks like... it looks like the most important body part of every man, shall I say.

Well, it's not a fault of the retexture, because it's part of the vanilla armor.

tormimator: to me, the designs on the back of the armor look the farthest they could be from cloth in the modded version. They would withstand a skeever or an ogre, really.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I always thought that it looks more like raw moonstone than that metallic stone mix of the elven armors. I still agree about the white color though, this armor has been isolated down there for hundreds of years, so that dirt is permanent.

I always thought that it looks more like raw moonstone than that metallic stone mix of the elven armors. I still agree about the white color though' date=' this armor has been isolated down there for hundreds of years, so that dirt is permanent.[/quote']

Err, you get the armor from a living creature, and he wouldn't have kept his armor in such a mangy shape as vanilla seems to imply.

@WI: could you provide screenshots from the back again' date=' when it's lit by sunlight? Maybe it does look metallic afterall, but i'ld need to see the reflections first.[/quote']

If you want to see how the armor looks in sunlight, then why not look at the shots taken from the front? Just a suggestion...

Well then it isn't all that bad. I don't know yet which armor version looks best though... the glowing runes make it stand out even more... do they already come enchanted or not?

As for ragged... well the guy wearing the armor gets pretty much beaten up by the dragonborn, so his armor might get some dirt on it as well...

All in all I think it's a matter of personal preference...