A Comparison of Water Mods

Haha! Ask and you shall receive! ...though it might take me a while and in separate videos. YouTube has a 2GB size limit on videos I believe. Oh and just for the info, the resolution these video are captured on is 1600x900 because that is as high as my laptop will go. Without the ENB, it still runs pretty smooth at that resolution though. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update. RL has been very busy for me. I received a promotion at work which means increased hours (but increased pay too!) and haven't had a lot of time for this side project. With that said, I have today off and will be working on this all day. I currently have 40 saves in different locations for compares. That's a LOT of compares! I have the vanilla shots captured and will be working the rest of the day to capture the WATER and Pure Waters shots. Then if time permits, I'll move on to capturing the WATER options and the Pure Waters textures. This is going to be a massive compare so don't be surprised if the video is 10-15mins long! But Z asked for comprehensive so comprehensive is what I'm giving! :D

I started making the video. Currently it's 8:27 long, but I still have to add the rest of the texture compares and then capture and add the WATER optionals so it's going to be as long as I predicted. Unfortunately, I will not be adding any waterfall compares because in this process I discovered that PW has no textures for waterfalls; thus, they are the same as vanilla. WATER does; however, and it's textures for waterfalls is better than vanilla, though not by any leaps and bounds...it's mainly just more "foamy".

That's it for today though. Must get to bed if I'm going to function for work tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha! I've been debating whether or not to give up on this project. It would seem that everyone is geared towards WATER. Myself, I can't decide which I like better. WATER look better in some locations while Pure Water looks best in others. I know STEP has used WATER forever and Golpher promotes Pure Waters as his water mod or choice. I see merit in both and I think in the end it's going to come down to personal choice.

I like WATER because of the optionals AND the water is rougher. I imagine Skyrim as a rough and harsh place where the Nords have hardened their battle skills and resistance to the elements... slow moving / calm water just doesn't instill that feeling in me.

He said that he would not be adding waves back in. Also that it was the "final" version of WATER. Not sure how true that is. May decide to come back never know *shrug*

It was suggested to use this mod if you wanted to bring back the waves outside of Solstheim.

Link