Lighting, Weather & ENB

statmonster

Question

What lighting and weather mods do you like with SR?

I had been using Cot 2.1 (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17802) with RLO 4.0.7c (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30450) but it was kind of dark at night and in interiors.

I upgraded to CoT 3.0 and RLO but now it looks like CoT has been recalled for bug-stomping so I'm just running RLO.  The nights seem very nice with this - perhaps too bright to be realistic but very pretty.

(CoT 3.0 Winter seemed very nice - I assume it would make for a much tough start using Frostfall and RND as Whiterun, Riften ,etc. would be so much more inhospitable.)

I've also been using Skyrim Project Optimization 1.4.

No ENBs yet, and I'm not sure I want to take the performance hit to include one - plus there seem to be so many options that it's not clear which to choose and which play nicely with which weather and lighting mods.

What are other people using?  How do you like it?

Do you generally use a weather mod (which one?) or the vanilla weather system?

What about for lighting?  ENB?

• Answers 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guess this is part of the reason why I do not recommend that people use that silly manager program... it just confuses more then it helps, unless you really know what you are doing and switch profiles every other day. But enough about that.

As for nights being darker, then that would largely depend on which mods you use to alter the weather and lighting.

Also which preset you are using matters. But in general you can raise the AmbientIntensityNight value to get more brightness during the night. It might not look super pretty, but until we have more info that is more or less the way to go.

I followed the revisited instal so I have CoT (no darker nights) and RLO icm with RealVision ENB.

I'm a little bit playing around with ENB ingame. Not sure if I like the bloom.

Aiyen thanks for your help so far, I'm learning bit by bit. Gonna try your tips tomorrow to make it a little lighter...

I tried them but they do not provide performance as I recall.. they only increase the cost. Mainly because he increase the grass, and shadow settings by large amounts compared to what I have.

I would rather have higher ENB effects on then have the higher ini settings. But that is personal preference after all.

Sad that you do not like the bloom. In most presets, then Bloom contribute from about 20% to about all the color you see since it is a very nice way to control the color intensities without getting artifacts from having too high brightness and intensity values.

You can always try to lower the BLOOM intensity parameters in the GUI to your liking. This works better then disabling it entirely since bloom contributes to the color which might make it all look a bit too dark and not consistent.

I tried them but they do not provide performance as I recall.. they only increase the cost. Mainly because he increase the grass, and shadow settings by large amounts compared to what I have.

I would rather have higher ENB effects on then have the higher ini settings. But that is personal preference after all.

Sad that you do not like the bloom. In most presets, then Bloom contribute from about 20% to about all the color you see since it is a very nice way to control the color intensities without getting artifacts from having too high brightness and intensity values.

You can always try to lower the BLOOM intensity parameters in the GUI to your liking. This works better then disabling it entirely since bloom contributes to the color which might make it all look a bit too dark and not consistent.

Your right. I noticed what Bloom does, and like the colours, but sometimes I have the feeling my char is walking in the fog.

Yeah I know what you mean, it also largely depends on which Bloom method is being used by a given author.

Traditional bloom codes allow for "real" bloom where the color from bright sources wash over the surroundings giving a hazy look and feel. However there are also very sharp bloom codes that have a very small amount of "wash out".

And ofc. combinations of them.

Another issue with bloom is that it has a tendency to add too much blue color to a scene, hence why there is the "deblueify" options in ENB. This can also reduce the hazyness by quite a bit.