Dual Sheath Redux (by Neovalen)

Neovalen

2. When using the Vilja mod, she would never put her shield on her back, it always remained in her left hand if equipped. This was with a vanilla iron shield or the above hide shield. Other NPCs (guards, followers) all behaved correctly as near as I can remember.

Apparently Vilja isn't getting the spell applied on her properly, I'll have to investigate further. For now if you want it to work with her, simply target her then open the console.

Type: help "Dual Sheath Redux Ability"

Make a note of the spell id.

Type: addspell

This should add the ability to her. I will investigate why it's not working out of the box (I assume they made a custom race thats not playable).

I asked and they said it just adopts whatever skeleton you use. They use a LOT of scripts which might interfere - just a vague hunch. Also it seems that she often I unequips her shield' date=' but even when she does not it stays in her hand.[/quote']

Its because they use a custom nord (and dark elf) race for their NPCs which is not playable, I will have a fix in for the next version.

I have posted a bug report on the Nexus page for the mod stating that when I sheathed a Hide Light Shield, a Dwarven Shield appears on my back. This was on a freshly created patch and a fresh character.

Resolved : I disabled the ReProccer.esp, reran the Dual Sheath Patcher then re-eneabled the ReProccer.esp. My shield appeared correctly after that.

Either way works. I ran it after the Reproccer, but behind it works as well (BOSS sorts the patch under the Reproccer).

EDIT: Actually, I retract that. There are weird issues if you run the Dual Sheath patcher after the Reproccer (like weapons and armors appearing wrong). Running it before the Reproccer works wonders.

I'm not sure here is the best place to make a request for DSR but hey... Would you consider making a patch for Crafting 300.

Now I would understand you won't since there is 977 files in the mesh folder for weapon :D

Where is a blow your own brains out smiley when you need it? LOL... not in my plans for now. Obviously as you say its huge...

I'm not sure here is the best place to make a request for DSR but hey... Would you consider making a patch for Crafting 300.

Now I would understand you won't since there is 977 files in the mesh folder for weapon :D

Where is a blow your own brains out smiley when you need it? LOL... not in my plans for now. Obviously as you say its huge...

Posted Image

Well, may as well say that I'm going to be working on a compatiblity patch for Bucklers - Shields and Other Armours. I'm also requesting that a compatibility patch for Chronicles of Steel be made, but if you finish the instructions for creating compatibility patches, I can do the Chronicles of Steel patch as well.

That would pretty much round off the weapons and armor mods covered in GEMS, excluding Lost Longswords (still waiting on that) and the Omegared armor compiliation (I'd really do a patch for ARMONIZER, which includes that and more).

Posted Image
So helpful!