Webs

rootsrat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Look at the wrapped skeever in the first image. ISW looks like its wrapped in webs while webs looks like a random polygon/blue plastic mess.

2. The ground cover looks more like ice than webs to me in both webs images.

3. I do like the hanging web in the sun shaft from webs better.

4. I prefer the white/visible egg sacks as if they are being maintained.

5. Its too far to really see in the image but IMO the webs holding up the guy look fake to me(or at the very least not strong enough to hold the guy up).

This is just my observations of course... obviously some others like it... just not good in my eyes.

I would add that the spiders creating these webs weigh at least 30 lbs (~12 kg) by the size of them. Aside from the fact that such weight for a creature with an exoskeleton is not possible in our reality, it would seem that the webs created by such a massive spider would be much thicker than what we are used to.

Did anyone see The Lord of the Rings where Froto fights Shelob? Those were sticky, thick webs that really looked believable to me, and are reminiscent of ISW.

I would add that the spiders creating these webs weigh at least 30 lbs (~12 kg) by the size of them. Aside from the fact that such weight for a creature with an exoskeleton is not possible in our reality, it would seem that the webs created by such a massive spider would be much thicker than what we are used to.

Did anyone see The Lord of the Rings where Froto fights Shelob? Those were sticky, thick webs that really looked believable to me, and are reminiscent of ISW.

+1

As you say then giant spiders would not make small detail webs...

However spiders are not born in singles in eggs... rather in the thousands... really creepy if you have ever seen it happen! (Had it happen while I was driving my bike as a kid... spiders EVERYWHERE!)

Now these would at once go about and make webs and hunt etc etc. so it is not unrealistic that there are fine detail webs near giant spiders...

I agree with what z and Neovalen says in his comments above, taking into account the "fantasy biology and physics" of a huge spider. In the vanilla game what surprised me is that in spite of some variation in the size of the spiders, all the webs are large. Unfortunately what I sorta expected and prefer is some variety in the web sizes which I doubt is feasible in Skyrim (at least without far too much scripting).

Yes, where there are big spiders, there will certainly be little ones too --and they would also spin webs-- however, as Kelmych states, it is probably a necessary limitation that Skyrim only acknowledge the big guys (unless someone makes a spider mod that adds little guys and web variation).

I think we are good sticking with ISW ... but I will wait for one of the admin to confirm.

I don't know how to do the fancy forum image thing so I just made a small imgur gallery instead: https://imgur.com/a/8AiLV#0

I kinda like some elements of both personally, it might be possible to mix and match textures to get a nice compromise but that would be more geared towards Skyrim Revisited than STEP.

Edit: I just looked at the Webs page on the Nexus and I think his 0.1 textures looks better than the 0.2 ones. Food for thought.

Did anyone see The Lord of the Rings where Froto fights Shelob? Those were sticky' date=' thick webs that really looked believable to me, and are reminiscent of ISW.[/quote']
I think we are good sticking with ISW ... but I will wait for one of the admin to confirm.

>: