Webs

rootsrat

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33718/

Freshly released. I have really crappy monitor at work, but I'm keen on checking how it compares to Intricate Spider Webs that STEP currently suggests. Any thoughts?

What is needed from Mod Testers:

• New comparison shots

• Comparison of:

• Webs v0.1 vs Webs v0.2
  • Winner of above compare vs Intricate Spider Webs (ISW)
  • If Webs wins overall, a comparison of the egg sack textures from Webs vs ISW

Both versions completely overwrite ISW with the new optional egg sack textures, so this will be a complete replacement as long as Webs wins in all compares.

Denied for STEP v2.2.5

ISW provides more believable webs overall.

--Thanks to rootsrat, Neovalen and hylskrik for supplying the screens and analysis.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look good' date=' but from the images they also look very dense which only a few spiders in the world create webs that dense (Funnel Web Spider is one).[/quote']

Hm... I think Earth-realism criteria should not apply in the case of Skyrim spiders. They are completly differemt species :)

On a more serious note - matter of preference I guess. I'll need to come back to this mod when I get back home and look it up on my own display.

I think the density of the webs is fine. The strands are still about an inch or so apart, the reason they look so different is because the vanilla strands are about 12 inches apart. Visually they thicker webs look more interesting and believable, and from a realism standpoint, I don't believe the web in vanilla could hold a person bound, but I could pretty easily believe the new webs could.

And more:

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

EDIT

Damn it, I can see something went wrong and not all the screens are correct - Some screens that should represent Webs mod are identical to Vanilla for some reason... Not sure how this has happened, it's late and I can barely see is my only excuse... I may recreate the comparison tomorrow, if I find some time. Sorry about that.

Saying all that, after seeing it all in game, I vote for Webs - to me it's much better than ISW - I'm switching now.

Apologies for the triple post. I've just noticed that ISW contains more textures than Webs, so maybe we could keep ISW and install Webs after it, so that ISW overwrites vanilla and then Webs overwrite ISW, while keeping other ISW to Vanilla changes. I'll do another comparison tomorrow.

OK, more comparisons, done properly this time (sponsored by a good nights sleep!)

1 - ISW only, 2 - ISW + Webs.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image

To me, ISW + Webs is a winner. I like new spider eggs textures from ISW, but I'm also keen on new, more subtle textures for actual web offered by Webs. 

• 2 weeks later...