Open Animation Replacer (by Ersh)

DoubleYou

• 2 weeks later...

Works positively smooth with STEP 2.2.0 so far. This has Animation Queue Fix as an additional requirement or you can alternatively use the experimental setting which skips the preloading of animations entirely, set up via the in-game editor. I am using this, and with the amount of animations STEP adds and the few i am adding, seems to work fine so far without any T-poses.

2 hours ago, tadastalalas said:

What this mod gives to the end user? Practically what difference there will be for casual player?

By itself, nothing. It provides extended functionality that doesn't exist in the original game, and is then used by other mods to provide contextual animations. Such as, for example, Jarl Sitting Animation Replacer.

This is similar to PapyrusUtils or Spell Perk Item Distributor, both of which, as you may recall, you installed as part of the STEP Guide. They're included because their functionality is required by other mods used in the guide. But by themselves in isolation, they're "useless" to the player.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mousetick said:

By itself, nothing. It provides extended functionality that doesn't exist in the original game, and is then used by other mods to provide contextual animations. Such as, for example, Jarl Sitting Animation Replacer.

This is similar to PapyrusUtils or Spell Perk Item Distributor, both of which, as you may recall, you installed as part of the STEP Guide. They're included because their functionality is required by other mods used in the guide. But by themselves in isolation, they're "useless" to the player.

Ohhh niiiiiice!

• 4 weeks later...

You may have noticed this mod displays a popup banner in the center of the main menu screen while the game starts, and a popup progress bar in the top-right corner of the screen while it loads animations, both using very bright coloring and style reminiscent of 1980s personal computers.

I dislike both. What if every SKSE mod displayed its own banner on the screen, it would be a mess.

They can be turned off by editing settings in [...]\SKSE\Plugins\OpenAnimationReplacer.ini:

• To turn off the popup banner, set bShowWelcomeBanner to false:
bShowWelcomeBanner = false
  • To turn off the popup progress bar, set bEnableAnimationQueueProgressBar to false:
bEnableAnimationQueueProgressBar = false

I'd recommend to leave them on (the default) initially, so you can see the mod is starting up properly. Once you've seen them a dozen times and you've had enough, you may want to turn them off.

• Thanks 2