"Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation"

Natarah

Question

Hello everyone,

First off, I'm quite new in this whole modding community and so my expertise is limited (as well as my understandment sometimes).

I'm modding my Skyrim SE game so I can take another go at it 10 years later. I've installed a bunch of mods as per Sinitar's guide : https://www.sinitargaming.com/skyrim_se.html

Now I'm trying to generate LOD textures and billboards.

I've followed the Gamer Poet's video guide on installing Dyndolod

* By the way, I am using Vortex.

I ran TexGen a first time and it generated a zip file which I added as a mod in Vortex. Then I deleted the output file.

I ran Dyndolod then to generate LOD textures and billboards, which I believe it did for a while until it ran into a problem with a mod that was not supported (Nature of the wilds.esp) and terminated the program. I've since deleted that mod (just to give it another try), made a few ajustments to my mod list (1-2, nothing major), then deleted the TexGen zip file created as a mod in Vortex. 

I tried running the TexGen application once again (to start from scratch) and I keep getting this error message : "Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation". It's asking me to delete the TexGen output folders, but I can't find any anywhere on my PC and it won't let me run TexGen again...

Also, when deleting the TexGen file from Vortex it alerted me to the fact changes where made to skyrim mods outside of vortex and if I wanted to save original files or revert to modified files. I chose to save, as I understood that to be a way to get the original files back (before using Dyndolod and TexGen). Now I'm sacred this was a mistake and it changed some of my mod files with LOD textures and billboards (if it even is possible).

Anyhow, I'm pretty stuck at the moment and don't really know how to proceed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch !

7 answers to this question

Full error message : Error: Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation installed in game folder. It is recommended to uninstall all stitched object LOD textures generated earlier before generating new stitched object LOD textures.

It sounds like Vortex borked the removal of your TexGen Output. You probably needed to use the other option, but honestly I'm unsure as the language is unclear even to me. You will probably have to somehow manually remove it. I honestly don't know what the correct way to do that with Vortex is. 

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug to upload when making posts.

As explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages, carefully read the error message.
It instructions to "uninstall" the textures. That means to do the reverse of "installing" them as explained in the generation instructions. https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions. Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/TexGen-Output
TexGen checks if there is TexGen output already installed in the load order. It should be removed before generating stitched object LOD textures for the current load order.

As usual the documentation is mod manager agnostic. Read the documentation, guide, videos etc. how to mod with the mod manager you are using.

The created zip files from the tools work just as any other mod/download archive and are installed and uninstalled as any other mod with the mod manager. Typically deleting the archive is not the same as uninstalling the mod. You are using a mod manager that requires to deploy changed to the game folder after installing/uninstalling mods.

If you use the tools as explained, they do not change anything in the data folder themselves. That can only be you doing things directly or the mod manager. The vanilla game does not have a data/texture folder by default, so nothing gets replaced. If modding properly with a mod manager no files in other mods are being replaced either since they all exist in separate folders. Refer to the appropriate guide, forums etc. for further help how to use mod and a mod manager.

Why do you say Nature of the Wilds is not supported?

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

Here are the logs as requested. There was no bugreport.txt so I only linked the two other files.

I believe I've read the messages carefully. The error log received says that I have a TexGen output already in the load order. This message seems inaccurate as the TexGen output file was uninstalled and deleted afterwards. There are no TexGen output files on my computer. Hence why I feel stuck on what to do next... Dyndolod instructions state the following In case of problems or questions, use the official DynDOLOD support forum for qualified help and advice.

That is why I asked for help in this forum.

To answer your next question (and paragraphe) once more, yes I have uninstalled the zip files as I would normaly do with a mod and as per the mod manager instructions for Vortex. And yes it had deployed the changes after uninstalling the "mod".

If modding properly with a mod manager no files in other mods are being replaced either since they all exist in separate folders.

That is a good thing to know ! I started going in the data/texture files and deleting files that we're created after I used TexGen. I thought those might be the files being in conflict with the TexGen application, but it's not an easy process (for me at least) and the results haven't come through just yet. Also, even if Vanilla game does'nt have texture files, I believe my other mods have installed some so I haven't deleted the whole folder just because I don't want to make things worse by deleting files generated by mods.

Is there a specific folder or files I should delete from data/textures that might be generated by TexGen ? Or am I doing this process for nothing and there is a much better way to make sure no TexGen output files are still in my game directory (or data or wherever it is and not needed).

Is there also a list of mods that exist that generate LOD files ? Maybe I could look individually in these folders and check for TexGen generated files ? But from my understanding of what you're saying it wouldn't be helpful as they exist in seperate folders....

Refer to the appropriate guide, forums etc. for further help how to use mod and a mod manager.

I don't think this helps me as much as you might expect. I wouldn't know where to go from here for further help. Can you be more specific ?

I don't know why and I don't have the exact message generated by Dyndolod, but it said there was an error because the file wasn't for SE (which it was I checked), but I disabled it anyways just to make sure. So the Dyndolod LOD generation was aborted (or maybe it generated some files and then stopped ?) That's why I uninstalled TexGen output files (from Vortex and deleted files on computer) and tried to relaunch the generation from scratch. Maybe I missed something of the uninstall process ?

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

29 minutes ago, Natarah said:

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

Here are the logs as requested. There was no bugreport.txt so I only linked the two other files.

I believe I've read the messages carefully. The error log received says that I have a TexGen output already in the load order. This message seems inaccurate as the TexGen output file was uninstalled and deleted afterwards. There are no TexGen output files on my computer. Hence why I feel stuck on what to do next... Dyndolod instructions state the following In case of problems or questions, use the official DynDOLOD support forum for qualified help and advice.

That is why I asked for help in this forum.

To answer your next question (and paragraphe) once more, yes I have uninstalled the zip files as I would normaly do with a mod and as per the mod manager instructions for Vortex. And yes it had deployed the changes after uninstalling the "mod".

If modding properly with a mod manager no files in other mods are being replaced either since they all exist in separate folders.

That is a good thing to know ! I started going in the data/texture files and deleting files that we're created after I used TexGen. I thought those might be the files being in conflict with the TexGen application, but it's not an easy process (for me at least) and the results haven't come through just yet. Also, even if Vanilla game does'nt have texture files, I believe my other mods have installed some so I haven't deleted the whole folder just because I don't want to make things worse by deleting files generated by mods.

Is there a specific folder or files I should delete from data/textures that might be generated by TexGen ? Or am I doing this process for nothing and there is a much better way to make sure no TexGen output files are still in my game directory (or data or wherever it is and not needed).

Is there also a list of mods that exist that generate LOD files ? Maybe I could look individually in these folders and check for TexGen generated files ? But from my understanding of what you're saying it wouldn't be helpful as they exist in seperate folders....

Refer to the appropriate guide, forums etc. for further help how to use mod and a mod manager.

I don't think this helps me as much as you might expect. I wouldn't know where to go from here for further help. Can you be more specific ?

I don't know why and I don't have the exact message generated by Dyndolod, but it said there was an error because the file wasn't for SE (which it was I checked), but I disabled it anyways just to make sure. So the Dyndolod LOD generation was aborted (or maybe it generated some files and then stopped ?) That's why I uninstalled TexGen output files (from Vortex and deleted files on computer) and tried to relaunch the generation from scratch. Maybe I missed something of the uninstall process ?

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 23.11 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 136.1 kB · 0 downloads

The program asks the OS if the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\DynDOLOD\lod\defaultdiffuse.dds" exists.

The OS tells the program that it does. This file is created by TexGen. It can only be at that location if it the TexGen output has been installed to it.
As I already mentioned, the vanilla game does not have a data\texture folder. Whatever is installed to it was usually installed when mods were deployed with the mod manager. So if you install/uninstall something with mod manager and deploy the new load order the content of the data folder should reflect that.

When TexGen generates files, it prints a line with the path and filename to the message log for everything it creates. The message log is what is appended to the TexGen log form which you uploaded the last session. Most of it will be texture\lod, textures\dlc*\lod, textures\DynDOLOD, textures\terrain but also some in textures\architecture were it can get tricky because that is used by vanilla game and mods and not just LOD assets.

I suggest to do something like this: search https://www.google.com/search?q=nexusmods+vortex+documentation and you will find things like https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Category:Vortex and https://www.nexusmods.com/about/vortex/ (which has a Help and Support button).  If you are looking for videos, search for https://www.google.com/search?q=gamerpoets+vortex. Gamerpoets does excellent videos for beginners, including a video for DynDOLOD.

DynDOLOD does not check or know which game version a mod is made for. If encountering messages and further help is required to solve a problem, use the use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" and if further help is required make a forum post using the "Copy message to clipboard" in order to paste it and upload the log, debug. Generally everything is supposed to be compatible unless it is superseded/replaced by DynDOLOD or if there are errors that prevent successful LOD generation, but those can usually be fixed.

SOLVED

Yes it seems there were leftover files in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\DynDOLOD\lod\defaultdiffuse.dds

Deleting then and running the program again worked like a charm.

I'll post the logs from TexGen and Dyndolod if this helps in any way. Seems like there are a lot of WARNING and ERROR messages through the process, but I don't know if this is an issue or pretty standard. Watching The Gamer Poets video on this process seems to indicate he's getting a lot of WARNING messages as well (similar to mine). Do you think this might be a problem later on ?

In any case I was able to launch the game and play through the opening. Will continue to monitor just in case.

TexGen_log.txt Dyndolod_log.txt

5 hours ago, Natarah said:

SOLVED

Yes it seems there were leftover files in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\DynDOLOD\lod\defaultdiffuse.dds

Deleting then and running the program again worked like a charm.

I'll post the logs from TexGen and Dyndolod if this helps in any way. Seems like there are a lot of WARNING and ERROR messages through the process, but I don't know if this is an issue or pretty standard. Watching The Gamer Poets video on this process seems to indicate he's getting a lot of WARNING messages as well (similar to mine). Do you think this might be a problem later on ?

In any case I was able to launch the game and play through the opening. Will continue to monitor just in case.

TexGen_log.txt 112.45 kB · 0 downloads Dyndolod_log.txt 1.56 MB · 0 downloads

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages.

Read the explanations for each warning or error message to understand their seriousness - it ranges from negligible via causing visual issues to CTD - and to decide if action is required to fix the causes of the reported problems.

In case a specific message needs further explanation, help is required or to report a problem, search for or report it on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

For example see https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference and check the corresponding entry in the summary to see which plugins require cleaning.