Skyrim Stories

torminater

Hey guys,

I recently found a way to make Skyrim interesting again.

Using Alternate Start - Live another Life by Arthmoor I create a character of any race, any gender and any looks I feel like and let the Statue decide where to send me. I then try to find a goal for my character in this particular situation to reach and begin my journey through Skyrim.

The thing is, that as soon as I die... I'm dead. No reload because I was so awesome and just got stuck between two rocks whilst fighting off 2 dragons and a dragon priest single-handedly. Playing on Legendary difficulty this can be very hard...

I'll start posting short descriptions on what happened during those playthroughs for you to read, laugh or think about and you can decide what to make of this.

1. A female Argonian called Aisel-Zerbethar got shipwrecked in the icy polar sea close to the northern shore of Skyrim.

She woke up in a ship under water, breathing. It seems as if her natural abilities were the reason she survived the storm which interrupted her travel towards Windhelm to meet one of her cousins working at the docks there.

Shivering badly she slowly investigated the wreck, finding lots of valuable items she might be able to sell - if she found anybody buying something in these cold waters that is. The two strange passengers - a warrior from Hammerfell and a Thalmor inquisitor who had gotten at each others throat during the whole trip lie both dead. The Alik'r got slain by a big pot which flew across the lower deck as a huge wave caught the ship and tipped it completely over. His antagonist had made it on top of the wreck where she had fainted and froze to death.

Her fire magic staff would come in handy though... She created a fire in the wreck to warm herself up.

After Aisel finished the plundering she jumped into the water and swam as fast as she could to the closest field of ice sheets floating on the ocean. From there she jumped across closing in on the shore line. After a while she saw a campfire burning in the distance on an island it seemed. She sneaked on the unaware inhabitant of the lonely camp. He was an Argonian, just like her. She approached him and asked him who he was. He said his name was Deekus. He was having a pleasant pension where nobody could disturb him ... or find him. He seemed very nervous although Aisel didn't know why. His wandering eyes tempted her to have a better look at this unexpected accomodation. Her jaw dropped as she saw all the gems and treasures lying around for anybody willing to claim them!

She drew her iron sword, readied her fire staff and before Deekus could utter a word she flung herself at him engulfing him in fire and slashing at him. He would have been a tough fight, but he was surprised by her sudden attack and thus he fell quickly. Aisel didn't have a bad conscience. She picked up his body and threw it into the crushing waves where yet another ship had wrecked ages ago.

After a cozy night beside the campfire she gathered everything together and continued her trip across the ice sheets towards the shoreline and a snow-blinding blizzard.

Not long after she was freezing again. She needed to find a shelter where she could start a fire with her staff otherwise she would die just as that Thalmor on the wreck. A path was right in front of her. It lead across the huge ice berg she was climbing at the moment. She stumbled along the path and found a hole in the ice leading to maybe a cave with some wood ...

After she reached  the the end of theicy tunnel, Aisel entered a room with a skeleton in the middle of it. A torch lit the next tunnel - there was something in there. She used some soul gems to replenish the energy of her life saver and started a fire. In the middle of her lunch she got startled by 2 undead nord warriors - Draugr they are called -, but thanks again to her staff she can kill them first. The lit tunnel lead to another cavern. A sound interrupted the silence. A draugr, bigger than the other two unsheathed his sword and shot an ice spike at the Argonian. She jumped into safety and ran for her life. Glancing backwards, she saw that a ghost of a female humanoid was following her together with this monstrous draugr. The ghost caught up to her and slashed at her several times before Aisel could reach the safety of the blizzard outside.

Bleeding from several wounds she stumbled down the ice berg and continued her trip to the shoreline. She drank some healing potions to give her enough strength for her trip towards Winterhold. She couldn't say for sure where she landed, but the statue of Azura she could see in the distance gave her a rough idea that she must head east.

Growling. She stopped. More growling. She turns around raises her staff and shoots a fireball at the nearest wolf, but too late, it already had jumped at her and even the fiery explosion didn't bring the wolf out of his line of flight. It crashed into the Argonian and it's companion attacked from the behind. Aisel fought bravely, using poisons and potions and hacking at everything that came close enough.

A sound she didn't expect undermined her attempts to defend herself. Her staff's energy was depleted. And she didn't have any soul gems left... The split second she started thinking the first wolf who had circled her jumped at her from the behind and bit her neck. The collision threw Aisel back into the ocean and as her life essence was washed out of her, she died thinking that all of this might've been only a bad dream...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love making up stories for my chars with LAL. I have a document with 10 characters with background stories, full characteristics and description of my protagonists, along with a goal they will try to achieve in game - however I don't consider it game over when they die - I want to have some fun, so I allow reloading.

Love RP!

I always say that role playing games are just as much fun as YOU allow them to be. After all, the original, table top RP games were all happening in player's imagination. To me PC (or a console, even though I despise them!) is just a tool to enhance the RP experience. But I am in my 30s, so maybe a bit oldschool...

Sorry for this slight OT.

@torminater

you should use the image paste functionality, so that you get thumbs that blow up in HighSlide format ... saves vertical space on the thread ;)

Actually I did. I don't know why they didn't show as intended. I just separated the two URL with [Enter] and tadaa they are thumbs again...

I love making up stories for my chars with LAL. I have a document with 10 characters with background stories, full characteristics and description of my protagonists, along with a goal they will try to achieve in game - however I don't consider it game over when they die - I want to have some fun, so I allow reloading.

Love RP!

I always say that role playing games are just as much fun as YOU allow them to be. After all, the original, table top RP games were all happening in player's imagination. To me PC (or a console, even though I despise them!) is just a tool to enhance the RP experience. But I am in my 30s, so maybe a bit oldschool...

Sorry for this slight OT.

Well, I finished all of Skyrim's quest lines already with the one or the other character, so I don't want to get in the whole "I'm a badass hero with everything maxed out followed by a overgeared companion who doesn't have any negative effects from the difficulty setting and thus we blow you away like butterflowers"-thing again. I know what I could do with my character, but that's it. Skyrim is a harsh, beautiful and more than anything else brutal country. My characters are all in a desperate or pre-determined situation and need to get a foothold in Skyrim, where everything and everybody will try to kill them, if given the need or opportunity. Not every character in Skyrim is to be the savior of the world and a legend never forgotten. My posts are supposed to tell the story of the "small" people in Skyrim. Not worth a book, or maybe even a footnote.