Disable load screens INI setting

heheloveer

Question

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/91840

This finally happened.🤣

So, is there a way to prevent DynDOLOD from including these loading screens in its plugins? I'm not bothered by them but I imagine some people out there are. Removing them using xEdit should be easy, but you'll have to do it every time. I also doubt a plugin like that could work for everyone.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, heheloveer said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/91840

This finally happened.🤣

So, is there a way to prevent DynDOLOD from including these loading screens in its plugins? I'm not bothered by them but I imagine some people out there are. Removing them using xEdit should be easy, but you'll have to do it every time. I also doubt a plugin like that could work for everyone.

After almost a decade of telling people to use the official DynDOLOD support forum to ask questions, finally someone asks about how to disable the loadscreens.

To disable the addition of loadscreens add AddLoadScreens=0 under [DynDOLOD] in
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[TES5|SSE|ENDERAL|ENDERALSE].ini  for DynDOLOD 2.x or DynDOLOD 3.x

https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors
Remember, DynDOLOD is a patcher to automatically generate a LOD patch. The LOD patch it generates is not supposed to require patching itself.
Reach out and describe the problem or issue with as much information as possible in order to discuss and to address it one way or the other.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

After almost a decade of telling people to use the official DynDOLOD support forum to ask questions, finally someone asks about how to disable the loadscreens.

To disable the addition of loadscreens add AddLoadScreens=0 under [DynDOLOD] in
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[TES5|TESVR|SSEENDERAL|ENDERALSSE].ini  for DynDOLOD 2.x or DynDOLOD 3.x

https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors
Remember, DynDOLOD is a patcher to automatically generate a LOD patch. The LOD patch it generates is not supposed to require patching itself.
Reach out and describe the problem or issue with as much information as possible in order to discuss and to address it one way or the other.

Before making this post I searched on Nexus and this thread for other mods/posts related to the loadscreens. I didn’t find any. Lots of people have reacted negatively to them, I think, so it honestly amazes me how they never put any effort into finding ways to get rid of them for good. Thanks for the explanation!

1 hour ago, heheloveer said:

Before making this post I searched on Nexus and this thread for other mods/posts related to the loadscreens. I didn’t find any. Lots of people have reacted negatively to them, I think, so it honestly amazes me how they never put any effort into finding ways to get rid of them for good. Thanks for the explanation!

I dropped a couple hints that there is an INI setting to disable them in DynDOLOD 2.x/3.x over the past years and to ask on the official DynDOLOD support forum for it.

Users complaining somewhere else about easter eggs instead of simply asking on the official DynDOLOD how to disable them did not submit their firstborn, lacking requirements to use DynDOLOD. Posts made somewhere else do not affect development, features or problems and as such are useless in this regard.

Modding the game and using tools like DynDOLOD requires [..] the ability to read documentation and follow instructions and the willingness to ask questions, report problems and provide feedback on the official DynDOLOD support forum for qualified help and advice and to improve the tools, processes and compatibility.