Roadsigns Redone (by Hanna)

WilliamImm

Sometimes I think that if I made a bad retexture called Better Tonails, most people would want to use it simply because it is a retexture.

I think that vanilla looks completely fine and more believable than the others (big surprise). For STEP, Legible Roadsigns is the only acceptable retex, as it maintains the vanilla style.

Don't be hatin', Z. :P It's true, from Core there really is nothing wrong with Vanilla; however, for Extended I'd like to see a bit extra. Hence my vote for Legible.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I think that if I made a bad retexture called Better Tonails, most people would want to use it simply because it is a retexture.

I think that vanilla looks completely fine and more believable than the others (big surprise). For STEP, Legible Roadsigns is the only acceptable retex, as it maintains the vanilla style.

Better Toenails? sounds like a great idea - I can't believe no one has done this yet!

Seriously though, any texture mod should not be in Core unless vanilla is broken or such an obvious eyesore that it might as well be broken. Often that is not the case. All I care about is that they are not pink and I can read the buggers.

:)

P.S: I voted for Legible over Redone because the latter do seem more painted but only for extended.

I i think the carved looks is a little more realistic since it would be alot less maintenance and alot less upkeep to keep the signs readable. Which in turn would save septims which i think is the rout the government/empire would choose. Why spend more money on road signs then they have to and spend the money on more important things.

That is under the assumption that the government is actually effective :P

Like in real life just because they could pick a cheaper solution does not mean it is so! Since it just need to be debated for a few years, after which nobody remembers why anyways. :)

I spent some time looking at what was done in medieval times, but I don't think that will be a good guideline. The Romans made long-lasting road makers (vs. directional signs) with carved stone. Wood signs, such as those for pubs, in the middle ages were almost all painted and pictorial since few people could read. Directional signs with arrows seem to be much more recent (on Earth) and some were painted and some (but not as many) seemed to be carved.

Ya i agree these are way to new looking. It almost looks like signs are replaced on a daily basis. Which deffently wouldn't be the case. And they would have a more weathered look before they go about replacing them. So as it stands Core being vanilla and extended using Legible is a perfect fit as is.

Um... did you not notice how clean they look? They look almost sterile for something that's been in the wind' date=' sun, rain, sleet, snow, covered with dirt etc, etc they're too [i']good[/i] looking. To each his/her own and all but... yeah um...

+1

Ya i agree these are way to new looking. It almost looks like signs are replaced on a daily basis. Which deffently wouldn't be the case. And they would have a more weathered look before they go about replacing them. So as it stands Core being vanilla and extended using Legible is a perfect fit as is.

+1