stutering on baseline skyrim

daybreakarief

Question

System specs

CPU : AMD Phenom II X6 1050T OC to 3.2mhz

GPU : Radeon HD 5870 1024Mbyets memory

HDD : 1tb (partitioned to 2 part, 200 for os and 750 for Data (skyrim here)) and another 500gb hdd all defraged

Screen resolution 1920x1080

Graphic driver version : Catalyst 13.1 setting mirroring launcher setting

Skyrim Launcher setting : 1st tried the step seting but because low fps (-35 and falling easily) i lowered the AA to 2x and Anisotropic to 8, shadow detail in High

Step version are 2.2.2 with extra mod are immersive armor, weapon, vilja in skyrim and unique unique. 

Texture quality are only 1k installed with wrye bash.

hi guys, im new here but i already used step before. then becouse i have to make room for another game so i uninstalled my skyrim. i kinda forgot what version it is but it was when the guide are still from PDF

well now im back playing skyrim and i tried the baseline step version 2.2.2a and it was great.

sadly im having a annoying stuttering everytime i move my mouse around..

this issue usually happen in world map. now i tried removing hq LOD and at the first time i think the game run well, smooth 50-60 fps.

but after some time, the stuttering came back and they became worst when encountering npc, whether they are hostile or neutral.. 

these problem hinder my gameplay very much, i dont have HRDLC but use the HRDLC Optimized using the less then1gb option..

i really need some help guys. and im sorry if my english is bad :D

thanks again 

I am stuttering on a 2GB GTX 670...

The GPU hits 0% then recovers every time I stutter, putting mine down to a bad card.

With missing textures the best I can suggest is to check your load order is correct.

This is not a bad card. This is you not understanding what your card is doing.

When the stutter occurs your card is dumping its VRAM and trying to cache more from the hard drive. Your hard drive can only transfer files slowly to your graphics card. During the time of the stutter, no frames are being rendered (thus the stutter) and therefor your GPU hits 0% (since it's literally sitting there and waiting for the textures to fill into the ram).

It's VERY easy to hit 2gb of ram at a resolution of 1920x1080 while running AA and then other tweaks like increased shadows and ENB.

Read the guide, section 1.D, which you should've done to begin with, and start logging your GPU and ram usage. Optimize your textures, reduce where appropriate, download lower res versions of things and you'll have no problem playing the game on Ultra at 60fps constantly.

My 670 doesn't do that...

@Morphello

Yes. I understand what it is doing, Yes I am NOT hitting the 2GB limit run countless benchmarks at each stage of S.T.E.P. Specifically choose different mods and not running an ENB so I can keep it that way. Yes I have fully time and time again read the guide.

It does this in other games, such an aggressive forum sometimes  :S

I do often think twice about posting here.  :(

Card is RMA'd and confirmed faulty.

@Morphello

Yes. I understand what it is doing, Yes I am NOT hitting the 2GB limit run countless benchmarks at each stage of S.T.E.P. Specifically choose different mods and not running an ENB so I can keep it that way. Yes I have fully time and time again read the guide.

It does this in other games, such an aggressive forum sometimes  :S

I do often think twice about posting here.  :(

Card is RMA'd and confirmed faulty.

I'd hate to think the forum was an aggressive place.  Sometimes people get a bit pushy with their technical wisdom, but you always get that on techie forums.  The response you got was unfair in this case, but just carry on posting and don't worry about it. 

hey, i finaly found my problem.. looks like my optimized dawnguard and dragonborn BSA are the source of em..

maybe i package them wrong :(.. it works when i just use archive them with winrar then drop em in wyre bash..

maybe il retry the repackaging again.. btw should which is correct? BSA contain Dawnguard folder then the meshes, texture, etc? or the bsa only contain meshes, texture, etc?

hey, i finaly found my problem.. looks like my optimized dawnguard and dragonborn BSA are the source of em..

maybe i package them wrong :(.. it works when i just use archive them with winrar then drop em in wyre bash..

maybe il retry the repackaging again.. btw should which is correct? BSA contain Dawnguard folder then the meshes, texture, etc? or the bsa only contain meshes, texture, etc?

You don't need a Dawnguard folder, just the folders with resources. If you use an archive file with loose resources (vs. a BSA) then make sure that any mods that override these Dawnguard resources are also archives of loose files (vs. a using a BSA).

You don't need a Dawnguard folder, just the folders with resources. If you use an archive file with loose resources (vs. a BSA) then make sure that any mods that override these Dawnguard resources are also archives of loose files (vs. a using a BSA).
thanks, the game run great now.. thank you guys.. my issues are fixed :D 

keep up the good work