Companions Radiant Quest Adjustment

Nemesis

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32804 Companions Radiant Quest Adjustment

This Mod alters the random way in which the radiant quests are given by the Companions to modify the chances that the special radiant quests will be the ones given once available. The “Totems of Hircine” quest is now significantly more likely to be given. Farkas will now only offer the “Purity” quest once his brother Vilkas has completed it. It also unlocks the hidden “Animal Pelt Collection” radiant quest and adds it to Aela’s potential quest choices.

It does not add, change or remove any of the main Companion quests.

Installation/Uninstallation

To install simply download and activate using NMM or download the file manually, unpack with 7-zip and drop the plugin into your Skyrim Data folder, then ensure that it is activated in your Data files.

To uninstall, simply use NMM to uninstall or delete the file from your Skyrim Data folder.

Load Order

Make sure to add this AFTER anything else that alters Companion Radiant Quests.

Final Comments

This was actually my first Mod but I ended up producing Dawnguard Radiant Quest Adjustment first as I used it as a training exercise for this one. I would like to thank the Nexus community for the support and encouragement that spurred me on to create this Mod, Sydney666 is mostly to blame ;) and most especially to Eckss for all of his help and advice.

Well I like the general idea of adjusting radiant quests for the guilds/factions etc. since I've already completed all the different questlines of those and would like to get the "special" quests done as well without doing all the boring stuff a hundred times over.

This mod might do more or less the same as ESF but it doesn't overhaul the faction itself, which makes it more suitable for STEP (trying to keep as close to vanilla as possible) than ESF.

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, ESF makes quite a lot of changes to the Companions but there is, in reality, very little crossover with it. They both add the "Animal Pelt Collection" quest, although, ESF has a slight bug where the pelt required spawns in Jorrvaskr. With a minor edit, the two Mods are actually compatibile. I also thought that, given the charcterisation of the twins, it was unreasonable that Farkas would ask to be cured in the "Purity" quest before his brother had taken the plunge, but that he would ask to follow suit as soon as possible afterwards.

I did want to keep it as simple as possible in light of ESF and also not duplicate the effort. I wanted to stay as true to the vanilla game as possible and so tried to make the changes as unintrusive as possible too, the "Animal Pelt Collection" quest, just seemed too obvious to not include as most of it is already coded and it can slip in seemlessly with minimum fuss and the twin issue, to my mind, breaks immersion somewhat as Farkas follows his brother's lead in all things. I also made sure to carry over the changes from USkP for compatibility.