Fallout 4 Bethini does nothing and only getting 60 fps.

Quick

Question

Hi.

I had at one point years ago installed Bethini. I had also experimented with the Configuration Tool. The problem is that I have not been able to get either of these to work. I'd be happy if I could get Bethini to work properly. I know that both of these don't do anything because when I change the color of the HUD for example nothing happens and it is still to the default I set in the Fallout4.exe/F4SE. I've also tried setting all of the ini's to iPresentInterval=0 with no luck since this doesn't seem to unlock my frame rate. This results in extremely long load times of up to 5 minutes if I am coming out of a building into the comonwealth. I also have a lot of ini's stored all over the place on my PC and I would really rather they just be in as few spots as possible.

I really need help so that is why I am here. Thanks.

Edited by Quick

14 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Yes. You just need to browse and select the INI files in that folder. 

There's no Fallout4.ini file in that folder. Like I said, I am not running on Portable for this installation of MO2. This other thing is from a previous install.

395647859_NoFallout4inifile.thumb.png.c112b18b390659fdbac7fde7010ff52d.png

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

You must have set custom paths, so I wonder why you can't remember where you put them.

Go into Mod Organizer settings and check the paths there as to where your profiles folder is. 

There's nothing in it.

1832493656_MO2ProfilesDefault.thumb.png.14578b7f80f0d388119135897a60cf04.png

Edited by Quick

32 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It sounds like you need to consider tweaking your MO installation(s) and get a better understanding of instances and profiles. This explains.

Thanks. I did learn some things from that, but I am pretty sure the Portable instance for SSE is harmless.

1338878549_SSEPortable1.thumb.png.610ada51ca8930ed158fd280189f1017.png

4 minutes ago, Quick said:

Thanks. I did learn some things from that, but I am pretty sure the Portable instance for SSE is harmless.

1338878549_SSEPortable1.thumb.png.610ada51ca8930ed158fd280189f1017.png

Yes, that's irrelevant, since you are presumably using the FO4 instance. This is what you need to configure properly. Then you need to launch via Steam and exit that without launching the game. Invoking the Steam launcher establishes the INIs in your profile.

Actually, I am curious how I can navigate guides and such. Will come in handy down the line (especially when Starfield launches).

11 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yes, that's irrelevant, since you are presumably using the FO4 instance. This is what you need to configure properly. Then you need to launch via Steam and exit that without launching the game. Invoking the Steam launcher establishes the INIs in your profile.

I'm not sure what you are asking me to do. I just did what you said, but I am not sure what that will do since I still don't know where my ini files that MO2 reads are.

Edited by Quick

6 minutes ago, Quick said:

Actually, I am curious how I can navigate guides and such. Will come in handy down the line (especially when Starfield launches).

I'm not sure what you are asking me to do.

Launch the FO4 instance in MO. Then launch FO4 via Steam and exit that without launching the game. Then you should see the INIs in your profile (this is how it works for SSE, so I assume the same for FO4).

3 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Launch the FO4 instance in MO. Then launch FO4 via Steam and exit that without launching the game. Then you should see the INIs in your profile (this is how it works for SSE, so I assume the same for FO4).

Didn't work.

Could I just manually set the Profile to read the inis where Bethini reads from?

5 minutes ago, Quick said:

Didn't work.

Could I just manually set the Profile to read the inis where Bethini reads from?

I don't run FO4, so I defer to @DoubleYou to see how the game generates the INIs.

But it should work. You may need to create a profile in the FO4 instance first though. I never use the default profile and always create one named as my build name.

7 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I don't run FO4, so I defer to @DoubleYou to see how the game generates the INIs.

But it should work. You may need to create a profile in the FO4 instance first though. I never use the default profile and always create one named as my build name.

If I back up my mods can I import them into a new instance? I don't want to monkey with profiles. For one, they seem pointless, and secondly, they seem more complex than instances. I don't plan on using different mods since I'm just trying to have one solid playthrough.

23 minutes ago, Quick said:

If I back up my mods can I import them into a new instance? I don't want to monkey with profiles. For one, they seem pointless, and secondly, they seem more complex than instances. I don't plan on using different mods since I'm just trying to have one solid playthrough.

You can just copy the profile/mods folder and optionally the profile/downloads folder into the profile you are using.

18 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You can just copy the profile/mods folder and optionally the profile/downloads folder into the profile you are using.

I can't create a portable instance because MO2 says I already have one. Can I only have one Profile? That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Alright, I got it to work! Yes!

Here's what I did.

I copy pasted my Skyrim Portable MO2 Profile Mods into a different folder. I did this with two separate things (might have been downloads, not sure).

I then created a Portable Profile Instance for FO4. I then used the neat little tool to copy my saves and move them to the portable. Then I did what @z929669 suggested and copy pasted my Mods into the default path for the FO4 Portable Instance. So now I essentially have two duplicate Instances of FO4 but one is Portable and one is Global. The only problem is that I don't want my Mods stored on my C drive because it takes up too much space there and I have another drive for my big files (which happens to be a faster drive as well, but that is neither here nor there). So, I tried the Bethini thing with the new Portable Instance and it worked! I can now use the Portable Instance for most of my needs. I don't know why it is better to have a Portable, but it is what it is.

Now, I don't know if @DoubleYou is still interested in trying to get the Global Instance of FO4 working, but I'm curious to see if I can get it to work. If not, then I supposed I can delete the Global instance of FO4 since the Portable Instance is functioning properly.

Last thing is if I can change the path for my mods to my D drive instead of my C drive for the Portable Instance. That, and to see if I can cap my framerates at about 200 or so. I want to do this because I want to be able to select things in the Menu after starting the game. Not a big deal, but it is annoying to have to go up and down and up and down if I want to do something like Load a different save besides continuing. It just scolls too fast otherwise.

Otherwise, that's going to do it! I did everything I wanted to do while being in this thread. I got Bethini to work and I got my framerates to be uncapped.

P.S. I got my new monitor today! It's a 144Hz 4K Gaming Monitor! Been trying it out just a little and it's a huge upgrade from what I had before. I'm trying to get ready for Starfield so since I got some extra money recently, I figured I would invest in my PC.

• Like 1

I figured out what went wrong, @DoubleYou. I moved the file path of either where my mods were stored or downloads or something in this image:

1970854716_FO4Paths.thumb.png.a6b6b51107f9f923d2312369b59f8e2e.png

Bethini can then not retrieve the new ini location. Not sure if there is a fix for this, but it would be nice if there was.