RWT - Myrwatch (Creation Club) Patch

Kattmandu

42 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yes, this is why it's not indicated for selection. We want to avoid calling out what not to do and why in instructions. Else we would have a mountain of redundant instructions.

Okay, thanks!  I wish LOOT would recognize the Step patches.

53 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Okay, thanks!  I wish LOOT would recognize the Step patches.

Loot only knows what mod authors and users reported so they can add that kind of information in the masterlist. :(

That means that, lets say you install 200 mods, add all the patches Loot tells you, and you might still miss several on Nexus existing patches.

And even after you have searched the Nexus for these patches not reported by Loot, you will still have to load up your mods in xEdit and probably make a few patches in there to get a well patched game.

This is the crazy job STEP Team is doing for us! :)

(This is why i dont trust Wabbajack or Collection modlists... most of them is not tested well enough.)

31 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Loot only knows what mod authors and users reported so they can add that kind of information in the masterlist. :(

That means that, lets say you install 200 mods, add all the patches Loot tells you, and you might still miss several on Nexus existing patches.

And even after you have searched the Nexus for these patches not reported by Loot, you will still have to load up your mods in xEdit and probably make a few patches in there to get a well patched game.

This is the crazy job STEP Team is doing for us! :)

(This is why i dont trust Wabbajack or Collection modlists... most of them is not tested well enough.)

Awesome info!  I understand that LOOT can't recognize user created patches but the Step patches are on Nexus just like other known-by-LOOT patches on Nexus.  I'm just surprised that they haven't been added to LOOT's masterlist.  Maybe it's just not possible with every Step guide release changing the patches. 

13 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

Awesome info!  I understand that LOOT can't recognize user created patches but the Step patches are on Nexus just like other known-by-LOOT patches on Nexus.  I'm just surprised that they haven't been added to LOOT's masterlist.  Maybe it's just not possible with every Step guide release changing the patches. 

Loot does not read information from Nexus.

If you look in the STEP guide you can see the color markings what mods are patched. This means the STEP patches have several masters.

Most patches on Nexus have two master patching only two mods (in few cases three mods).

This is why most "guide" authors will not put information about the patches in Loot. If they did they would also have to somehow put information about the guide itself in there.

I think Loot would become a mess iff all wabbajack, Collections and free standing lists like STEP would put information in Loot. There would be crazy many patches!

The STEP patches is made to be used for the STEP Guide only and need the guide to be proper installed to work proper. :)

• Like 1