Stupid flickering causes bad quality LODs

InsaneLion

Hi! I am making my skyrim mod pack and want disable all parts, that making LOD that covers over well quality large object references (uLargeRefLODGridSize). Either this objects will be disable and will leaved only LODs.

A lot of mods makes such bad things as in picture.

3QypKW8.png

I tried use SSEEdit, but opportunities this soft is low. And I can't doing anything with it with this problem. Seems it need use CK to change this problems. A lot of mods are irreplaceable, and you need manually change something. But i'm a newby in LODs, objects, items and know NOTHING in it. Could anybody say what i need to do? Or leave links on this area in CK.

And i have some questions:
1) Can i modify mod making only patch to this mod? Or i should change the mod itself?
2) Cause a lot of mods are in combo patches with other mods, what changes in mods will be in this combos? 

44 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

Hi! I am making my skyrim mod pack and want disable all parts, that making LOD that covers over well quality large object references (uLargeRefLODGridSize). Either this objects will be disable and will leaved only LODs.

A lot of mods makes such bad things as in picture.

3QypKW8.png

I tried use SSEEdit, but opportunities this soft is low. And I can't doing anything with it with this problem. Seems it need use CK to change this problems. A lot of mods are irreplaceable, and you need manually change something. But i'm a newby in LODs, objects, items and know NOTHING in it. Could anybody say what i need to do? Or leave links on this area in CK.

And i have some questions:
1) Can i modify mod making only patch to this mod? Or i should change the mod itself?
2) Cause a lot of mods are in combo patches with other mods, what changes in mods will be in this combos? 

This looks like visual glitching of materials or possibly as a result of bad loading in the cell. Regardless, you will need to provide more information.

1. What makes you think this is LOD? Is this a screenshot of loaded objects or LOD objects? Did you COC/COW/TFC via the console before seeing this?
  2. Did you test on a new game?
  3. Did you use DynDOLOD?

57 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

want disable all parts, that making LOD that covers over well quality large object references (uLargeRefLODGridSize). Either this objects will be disable and will leaved only LODs.

You can turn large references off by setting ulargereflodgridsize to 5 (IF your ugridstoload =5, as "OFF" for the large reference system means it is set to the same as ugrids).  This will disable large references outside of ugrids so that the large reference bug (the flickering between lod model and full model because they both occupy the same 3d space) doesn't happen.

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Это выглядит как визуальный сбой материалов или, возможно, в результате плохой загрузки в ячейке. В любом случае, вам нужно будет предоставить больше информации.

1. С чего ты взял, что это LOD? Это скриншот загруженных объектов или объектов LOD? Вы использовали COC/COW/TFC через консоль, прежде чем увидеть это?
  2. Вы тестировали новую игру?
  3. Вы использовали Диндолод ?

1) This is LOD combined with uLargeRefLODGridSize.

a) Cause if I use tll in console, LOD will be disabled, objects will be stayed. And visual bugs will be removed.

b) If you make uLargeRefLODGridSize = 5 (I use 11, not lower), then well quality things will be disappear, bad quality LOD will be stayed. And when you will come closer will be moment when this LOD will be removed. And if you come even more closer, then well quality objects will appear. 

This screenshot I made WITHOUT TLL, using TFC to make closer problem places. From distance it looks as flickering when you move or move a camera. I didn't used COC and COW, i do NOT KNOW what is it. 

2) I didn't tested new game. I will test it in new game then NOW after posting this message using max dasabled plugins. Somewhy JK'S Skyrim make bad in some cities exteriors, where he make changes. JK'S Skyrim even make this visual problems with native objects. If you disable JK'S Skyrim all ths problems will be disappear with a new things that addited with this mod .

3) I didn't used DynDOLOD yet. Because as practice shows, if you have similar visual problems without DynDOLOD they will be stayed with DynDOLOD too, but DynDOLOD makes more quality LODs and flickering could be little lower. But still annoying.

"This looks like visual glitching of materials or possibly as a result of bad loading in the cell" What is that and how i can fix it? I didn't thought that it could be from it.

35 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

You can turn large references off by setting ulargereflodgridsize to 5 (IF your ugridstoload =5, as "OFF" for the large reference system means it is set to the same as ugrids).  This will disable large references outside of ugrids so that the large reference bug (the flickering between lod model and full model because they both occupy the same 3d space) doesn't happen.

Yes, and use only DynDOLOD things. I thought about this, but if you make ulargereflodgridsize to low 5 or 7 in close distance range you will have a lot weird moments with objects. A lot of them will be appear suddenly and romove suddenly. Or even change form from one type to other. As could I see DynDOLOD works well with 9 ulargereflodgridsize (you will have NOT a lot weird things), but will be appear this stupid LOD moments over ulargereflodgridsize objects.

"This will disable large references outside of ugrids so that the large reference bug (the flickering between lod model and full model because they both occupy the same 3d space) doesn't happen." And thats why I want edit all mods to disable LOD and full model conflicts.

Edited by InsaneLion

7 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

Yes, and use only DynDOLOD things. I thought about this, but if you make ulargereflodgridsize to low 5 or 7 in close distance range you will have a lot weird moments with objects. A lot of them will be appear suddenly and romove suddenly. Or even change form from one type to other. As could I see DynDOLOD works well with 9 ulargereflodgridsize (you will have NOT a lot weird things), but will be appear this stupid LOD moments over ulargereflodgridsize objects.

Well, all we can hope for is the further development of the large reference bug workarounds that sheson is testing and hoping to incorporate into Dyndolod.

18 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

Maybe help him with editing mods? What i need to know?

You can definitely help by using the workarounds when generating your lod and report any bug findings back to the dyndolod 3.0 alpha thread.  Sheson recommends that you not use the workarounds on an important save as it is still experimental.

11 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

You can definitely help by using the workarounds when generating your lod and report any bug findings back to the dyndolod 3.0 alpha thread.  Sheson recommends that you not use the workarounds on an important save as it is still experimental.

What is workarounds is that? And how i can get around cells that have problems with full models and LODs? And without making ulargereflodgridsize=5? Seems it is impossible if you have mods, that make bad loads in cells. Or I'm wrong?

Edited by InsaneLion

17 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

What is workarounds is that? And how i can get around cells that have problems with full models and LODs? And without making ulargereflodgridsize=5? Seems it is impossible if you have mods, that make bad loads in cells. Or I'm wrong?

You would need to install all the requirements for Dyndolod 3.0, which are available on the first page of the Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha thread here on the STEP site.  Once you are ready to run Dyndolod, there is a check box in the advanced options window that will allow you to use the large reference bug workarounds.

Read here: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

Also, read here for a detailed discussion on the topic: 

Edited by MisterMorden

13 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

You would need to install all the requirements for Dyndolod 3.0, which are available on the first page of the Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha thread here on the STEP site.  Once you are ready to run Dyndolod, there is a check box in the advanced options window that will allow you to use the large reference bug workarounds.

Read here: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

If you have appeared this functions in Dyndolod after making all steps in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds then i done something wrong, cause i have this
Large reference bugs workarounds: disabled (DynDOLOD.DLL: not NG, Scripts: not NG, Deleted references: no) but with other flags
And i can't understand what i need to do.

Edited by InsaneLion

9 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

If you have appeared this functions in Dyndolod after making all steps in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds then i done something wrong, cause i have this
Large reference bugs workarounds: disabled (DynDOLOD.DLL: not NG, Scripts: not NG, Deleted references: no) but with other flags
And i can't understand what i need to do.

If you have the logs from your attempts, you can post them in the alpha thread and sheson can probably tell you what's wrong (the info on which logs to post is also on the 1st page of the alpha thread). 

However, the warning seems to be saying you don't have the Dyndolod dll NG and scripts 3.0 from the link in the requirements section of the large reference bug workarounds info page and you need that.

Edited by MisterMorden

6 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

If you have the logs from your attempts, you can post them in the alpha thread and sheson can probably tell you what's wrong (the info on which logs to post is also on the 1st page of the alpha thread). 

However, the warning seems to be saying you don't have the Dyndolod dll NG and scripts 3.0 from the link in the requirements section of the large reference bug workarounds info page and you need that.

Remebered other How i can
 Deleted references: no 

make on yes?