Skyrim Improved Puddles (by PCG4m3r)

Yggdrasilion

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback torminater :)

I replied to several of your points.

"- Uses values from Skyrim.esm/USKP which conflict with Dawnguard.esm (and the COT-Dungeons plugin)"

I'm going through and updating SIP now. I will make sure it integrates any changes made by DLCs and Unofficial patches wherever necessary. I'm using Neo's Skyrim Revisited and I will also compare to some of those other mods to see what the differences are, including some additional mods I've personally added such as RLO and COT 3.1. 

"- does not carry forth a change in the USKP (which music is being played somewhere in windhelm), but Cheskos wearable lanterns doesn't either."

The music in Windhelm Barracks wll be updated to match USKP in the next SIP version 1.1. Neo has Wearable Lanterns with SR, but I didn't see that one as editing this particular cell (0001677A). I did notice Cloaks of Skyrim (cloaks.esp) does though, but it correctly carries forward the USKP change. However, RLO doesn't carry it forward and uses what is in Skyrim.esm. FYI

"-World Space 0000003C Tamriel Skyrim conflicts with a dozen mods, most of them (as SIP, too) don't carry forth changes since the Dawnguard.esm which adds a MHDT-Unknown value

- in 00000D74 Cell XCLR regions, the regions added by Dawnguard and the UDGP aren't anywhere in the other plugins (neither in SIP)"

Yeah those seem to be a common problem and I believe is why Neo added a General Patch to his SR guide, to avoid having to repeat those fixes in patches for several mods. I will make sure those changes are also included in SIP 1.1.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited#General_Patch

"More village animals changes the name of Skyrim to the German name "Himmelsrand" by the way..."

Good catch! I'll inform Neo in case he wants to add a note to change to Skyrim in his guide. It looks like it's the same name for all three main files of MVA.

EDIT: Neo has this corrected using his General Patch mentioned in the previous spoiler.

"ok this gets too much for me to be that detailed."

No worries, I will check everything in my mod. I appreciate the info you provided. :)

"Of course it still conflicts where Decals are disabled, etc. with Skyrim.esm."

Yes, the main point of SIP: to get rid of those ugly decals! All the "DecalPuddles*" object references are set to "Initially Disabled" and their Z Position edited to hide them. The original decals are either replaced with real water puddle effects or my new ice textures (Windhelm only).

"Of course this mod doesn't work with Open Cities"

Neo doesn't use Open Cities with SR and I'm not using it either (although I think it looks interesting). I want to focus on the update to integrate DLC / Unofficial patch changes first, but will load up Open Cities at some point to see what you mean and will try to create a patch.

Also note, even though I cleaned with TES5Edit (removed any ITMs and UDRs) before uploading to the Nexus, based on patch 1.8.151.0, I'm doing it again with patch 1.9.32.0 and the latest TES5Edit, because it looks like it there are several more ITMs. 

Just be sure to release different versions for Modders using dawnguard/Hearthfire/Dragonborn/Unofficial Patches or any combination of them. For us, it would suffice if you upload a esp which ensures compatibility with the STEP mods - since they conflict on their own, I'ld say the 4 mentioned above would be enough.

Version 1.1 is up! Sorry for taking forever to get it updated guys. 

Per torminater's request, I made separate plugins for each of the DLCs and also one which includes DG, HF, and DB. The original ESP is still included without any DLC requirements. All plugins carry forward changes from the Unofficial patches, where necessary and have been cleaned. Here's the full changelog for 1.1.

VERSION INFO / CHANGELOG

Version 1.1

- ESP updated with Skyrim Patch / Creation Kit 1.9.32.0 May still work with 1.8.151.0 but not recommended

- Separate ESP files created for each DLC CHOOSE ONLY ONE ESP!!

- Carried forward changes from official DLCs and Unofficial patches for each respective ESP

----- From USKP 1.3.1a (where necessary)

----- From UDGP 1.2.1a (where necessary)

----- From UHFP 1.1.0 (where necessary)

----- From UDBP 1.0.3b (where necessary)

- ESP files Cleaned with TES5Edit 3.0.29

- Improved one of the small texture sets I wasn't satisfied with how it looked in game

- Packaged in BAIN compatible format for Wrye Bash and Mod Organizer users

- Separate ESP files created for each DLC CHOOSE ONLY ONE ESP!!

I already ask the question in the mod page but this is very confusing.

I have Dawnguard and Dragonborn but not Hearthfire, what ESP should I install? Do I need the Danwguard and Dragongorn ESP together or are they incompatible?

Your "CHOOSE ONLY ONE ESP" after "SEPARATE ESP files" is confusing and contradictory. 

Sorry about that. I got in a rush and should have added a few other choices.

Version 1.1a is now up and I removed the 1.1 files to avoid confusion. It is the same as 1.1 except includes the extra ESP options.

----- Added ESP for users with Dawnguard and HearthFires (no Dragonborn)

----- Added ESP for users with Dawnguard and Dragonborn (no HearthFires)

----- Added ESP for users with HearthFires and Dragonborn (no Dawnguard)

Thanks for pointing that out! :)