Step Guide 2.2.0 and Nemesis

Tykune

I got to the point where you use Nemesis to generate an .esp, but after following the instructions (and I have read over them several times to make sure nothing was done wrong), the generation went through without problems, except Nemsis does not create an .esp plugin to tick. This has left me confused, so I have decided to seek some advice here on the matter.

EDIT: Also, as a side question since I had gotten to that point, how do I know if I need to download STEP Grass or not? Will I be generating Grass LOD if I followed the guide without ENB?

Edited by Tykune
Spelling

5 hours ago, Tykune said:

I got to the point where you use Nemesis to generate an .esp, but after following the instructions (and I have read over them several times to make sure nothing was done wrong), the generation went through without problems, except Nemsis does not create an .esp plugin to tick. This has left me confused, so I have decided to seek some advice here on the matter.

EDIT: Also, as a side question since I had gotten to that point, how do I know if I need to download STEP Grass or not? Will I be generating Grass LOD if I followed the guide without ENB?

@Mercury71 is correct. Nemesis will not generate any plugins with the current Step 2.2.0 guide. I have fixed the instructions to remove this.

5 minutes ago, Tykune said:

Err.. what mods use Grass LODs, or give LODs? This is what sort of confuses me, since I didn't really see a mention of it anywhere when I was installing the mods.

DynDOLOD produces grass LOD if you have the grass files to do it, which we provide in the Nexus download under Miscellaneous Files

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

DynDOLOD produces grass LOD if you have the grass files to do it, which we provide in the Nexus download under Miscellaneous Files

I see.. has anyone tried using the Grass LOD to see how much FPS it would usually take on average? Also, I noticed that the Billboards that were used before for 3D trees has went missing. Was this removed from the STEP Guide?

Edited by Tykune

3 minutes ago, Tykune said:

I see.. has anyone tried using the Grass LOD to see how much FPS it would usually take on average?

It's hard to say and depends on the PC and how much LOD grass % you set in DynDOLOD. DynDOLOD generally costs 10-30 FPS, including grass LOD. You will need to test the difference for yourself to know for certain.

3 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It's hard to say and depends on the PC and how much LOD grass % you set in DynDOLOD. DynDOLOD generally costs 10-30 FPS, including grass LOD. You will need to test the difference for yourself to know for certain.

Gotcha. And what happened to the Tree Billboard and LOD generation for 3D/Hybrid trees from the former iterations of the guide?

4 minutes ago, Tykune said:

Gotcha. And what happened to the Tree Billboard and LOD generation for 3D/Hybrid trees from the former iterations of the guide?

It's all still in the 2.2.0 guide with slight changes to settings. The guide walks you through all the options. Begin with the changelog and the beginning of the guide linked at top of forums and wiki.

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It's all still in the 2.2.0 guide with slight changes to settings. The guide walks you through all the options. Begin with the changelog and the beginning of the guide linked at top of forums and wiki.

I see nothing in the changelog about generating Tree LODs nor do I see any instructions on generating 3D/Hybrid trees in the 2.2.0 guide (which I think involves editing DynDOLOD's ini file, but I also don't see that anywhere as well).

What did I miss?

Edited by Tykune

9 minutes ago, Tykune said:

I see nothing in the changelog about generating Tree LODs nor do I see any instructions on generating 3D/Hybrid trees in the 2.2.0 guide (which I think involves editing DynDOLOD's ini file, but I also don't see that anywhere as well).

What did I miss?

Follow the guide from the beginning, and you will see that all relevant instructions are included. Guide versions almost always include small changes to instructions/process, but we only call out significant stuff. It's too much work to note every small alteration. Information necessary to upgrade from 2.1.0 is included.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#DynDOLOD

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:DynDOLOD_3_Alpha/2.2.0

30 minutes ago, Tykune said:

What did I miss?

TexGen generates tree billboards automatically. 3d hybrid models are installed via their respective tree mods. You don't need to do any extra steps. 

19 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

TexGen generates tree billboards automatically. 3d hybrid models are installed via their respective tree mods. You don't need to do any extra steps. 

Oh, awesome. Thanks.

Does the direct and ambient need to be changed from 150 and 25 respectively when choosing Grass instead of HD Grass, or is it left at the default? The guide doesn't seem to state either way.

Edited by Tykune