Unique Uniques

rootsrat

@rootsrat thanks for the heads up on needing patching - checked it out and patched relatively easily, nice to be able to resolve all conflicts (for anyone interested, conflicts are essentially with WAF). Going to test it in current playthrough.

Can anyone let me know what the procedure is for rebuilding my dualsheaths patch? I got the original one through skyproc (I understand nothing about what that program does...) - but not sure if I need to do anything in particular before rebuilding the patch, for example remove the existing patch esp or clearing out the dualsheath reproc stuff in my overwrite folder?

• 1 year later...

So, I'm not exactly into necro-stuffs but... I'd like to bump this thread. Because that's probably my favorite mod with SoS (kidding for SoS :p)

Reason : I'm still kinda new here and have no idea how was STEP late 2013, but I believe that today's modding/patching capabilities could help bring this mod in a future version of STEP:Extended... While as pointed more than 2 years ago, some weapons might not be suitable for a STEP install, removing the new path to the new meshes in the STEP Patch, and / or using the hide functionnality of MO, it's easy to deal with those "weird" red eagle's weapons, while keeping some serious improvements (Dragonbane, longhammer, fang...)

I do kinda agree with you that this mod could be Extended territory. It is lore friendly if you ask me. I'm playing with it right now and many of the unique versions are a welcome edition since most are just generic weapons. It's pretty sad if ask me.

Since the AMB content add-on actually adds some armors and weapons to the game, I don't see turning a few unique weapons into unique versions as a bad thing.

We sometimes use an unwritten rule for STEP that if something is really bad in the game and a mod comes around and makes it really good, then we can use that mod in STEP. Convenient Horses fit that category.