Proper Dark brotherhood armor retex

PopReference

Thanks! Working now!

I would have to say for STEP, Proper (red) would be the right way to go. It's closest to vanilla but still an improvement. The other two change the armor too much. Deadly is a complete deviation from vanilla and the Proper (black) is too similar to the Nightingale armor (as it's the only all black armor in the game that I can recall).

Looking at the images, I'm going to vouch for Deadly Serious. On careful examination, Proper (Red) looks like the vanilla textures with a filter applied on (which is something that I really don't like for retextured anything), and Proper (Black), like as Techangel said, looks too similar to the Nightingale armor.

Even through it is quite a style change from vanilla, Deadly Serious wins out in my book as the best looking of the Shrouded Armor retextures. And it would probably be my choice for a while, at least until CaBaL covers the armor.

However, if you think Deadly Serious deviates from the vanilla style too much to be included in STEP, then you can just go with the vanilla+HD textures until CaBaL gets to retexturing the armor (which might take a while).

Looking at the images, I'm going to vouch for Deadly Serious. On careful examination, Proper (Red) looks like the vanilla textures with a filter applied on (which is something that I really don't like for retextured anything), and Proper (Black), like as Techangel said, looks too similar to the Nightingale armor.

Even through it is quite a style change from vanilla, Deadly Serious wins out in my book as the best looking of the Shrouded Armor retextures. And it would probably be my choice for a while, at least until CaBaL ends up covering the armor (if he will).

Cabal is planning on doing all the guilds armors, and he already finished the companions.

Cabal is planning on doing all the guilds armors' date=' and he already finished the companions.[/quote']

Figured as much. The only reason why I wasn't sure was that the progress image on the Book of Silence page said "Assassins" instead of "Dark Brotherhood".

Then again, I'd like to see the expert's opinion on which is better.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks, Ellian, for taking the screenshots. Saved me quite some time.

Yep, thanks for the screens, Eliian ...

Given WI's assessment, I am inclined to vouch for NOT using either Proper or Deadly. Vanilla HD is what I will be using from here on out. Although, I think that it is a given that CaBal's rendition will be the best quality when he finishes.

Anyone adamantly disagree with this?

• 1 month later...

I honestly think this looks better than deadly serious. Deadly serious looks pretty bad to me. Maybe I'm mistaken but this just seems to be more detailed. 

Both are being dropped from next release I think (need to confirm though ... I am going to reconcile everything in the coming week)