How do you install the NCC

redfenix117

Question

10 answers to this question

ModOrganizer didn't seem to recognize when I dragged and dropped all the stuff from the NCC folder in, but did when I extracted the archive directly into its folder.

Please be more specific when requesting support - it really helps to provide as much info as possible.

And apologies - I should have really asked before - what is NCC?

What is "all the stuff" (what files, what format etc.), dragged and drop where exactly in MO directory, extracted where exactly in MO folder?

ModOrganizer didn't seem to recognize when I dragged and dropped all the stuff from the NCC folder in' date=' but did when I extracted the archive directly into its folder.[/quote']

Please be more specific when requesting support - it really helps to provide as much info as possible.

And apologies - I should have really asked before - what is NCC?

What is "all the stuff" (what files' date=' what format etc.), dragged and drop where exactly in MO directory, extracted where exactly in MO folder?[/quote']

Whoop!  Sorry, I was actually trying to help the OP; I don't need support, I've got it working :D

So, background: ModOrganizer has Nexus Mod Manager support in the form of an NCC package that you need to implement separately.  The directions do specifically state that you should extract the archive directly into the ModOrganizer folder, though I (and it looks like the OP) just decided to extract elsewhere and just drag the contents into the ModOrganizer folder.  ModOrganizer checks to see if the NCC package is there and will warn you if it is not; both I and the OP were/are getting the notice that ModOrganizer does not see the NCC package in its folder.

I fixed this problem by extracting the NCC archive directly into the ModOrganizer folder.  Maybe I/the OP missed a file when we dragged the contents over or maybe there is other hilarity going on.  In short, I fixed my problem by RTFM.

Ah ok, sorry I forgot what NCC was :)

Yeah, it works perfetly fine for me too, however I cannot recall how I installed it.

In this case, please disregard my reply (quote below) from the 2nd post in this thread, I was under the impression that you are trying to install a mod, not NCC.

You need to specify the Mod Installation directory and the Mod directory in the settings. You drop 7z archives into the specified Mod Installation directory and then install it via MO (mods are installed into the specified Mod dir).

Aplogies for this slight confusion.

OK so i extracted like you said and it finally picked it up. I was hoping this would help with the fact that when I installed the Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) it loaded all the meshes except the exterior ropes around the wood beams. they have the better textures but are still a crappy 2d. any suggestions?