Show Player In Menu (by myztikrice)

Mercury71

12 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

This is one of those mods that make you say, "why hasn't anyone thought of this until now!" :laugh: It makes complete sense to be able to see your character for item swaps and whatnot.

Yea. It is very nice when trying out armor and automatic go from 1st person to see your char in inventory and then back to 1st person. Less fiddling around.

I agree this is a no-brainer. Has anyone tested it? Barring any issues, it's self evident.

EDIT: was going to put it in testing and realized that this is brand new. It's getting lots of attention, and has a few compatibility issues. Nothing bad for Step, but may be worth letting this one stew a bit before adopting.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

I agree this is a no-brainer. Has anyone tested it? Barring any issues, it's self evident.

EDIT: was going to put it in testing and realized that this is brand new. It's getting lots of attention, and has a few compatibility issues. Nothing bad for Step, but may be worth letting this one stew a bit before adopting.

I am testing it atm.

Updated. It is still a bit buggy but it is gettin there. :)

• Version 1.2.2

• Added additional checks to hopefully prevent bug with controls occassionally being reversed after entering a menu
    • Another brain fart, forgot to change the plugin's default settings when changing the MCM default settings, but now they match. Should fix cases of missing item previews. Existing users can enable then disable the "Hide ____ 3D" options in the MCM to fix.

Updates... it is gettin better and better. And so far works fine for me ingame.

1.4.0 Adds the ability to rotate the player with controllers (left/right shoulder buttons), fixes the zoom bug when sheathing, added pitch settings, and rearranged the MCM
1.4.1 Adds the ability whether to enable the mod in first person. Also apologies on quick reupload but previous zoom fix was causing new problems so I reverted the change until I can fix it properly

19 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Great mod, and it works fine. Vote to accept.

My only issue with this is that there needs to be a light on the character in inventory menu, because invoking indoors just shows a dark silhouette is many cases.

Vote to accept.

And it would sure be nice to be able to toggle a light source. For now we just have to throw a torch on the floor in dark places. Or simply just avoid trying new outfits while fighting in a dungeon. :)

Something I experienced with this is that because 3D models are disabled you can't read the codes on the dragon claws to unlock the doors

(also it's just nice being able to see 3D models of all that stuff we installed in 06-Models & Textures as often as possible and if you want to preview what armor will look like I found it more useful to have a 3D model than having to equip and then potentially unequip and reeuip my old gear)

But if you enable 3D models they cover up your character so you can't really see them in the menu which is the whole point right?

What worked for me was shifting the items left a bit in SkyUI and shifting the player right a bit in this mod so I can see both but this has the unfortunate side effect of moving the magic effects way off to the left underneath the spell selection menu

You could have it so it hides everything but misc items so you can still play dress up with armor and weapons, just something to keep in mind for the MCM stuff

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Vote to accept.

And it would sure be nice to be able to toggle a light source. For now we just have to throw a torch on the floor in dark places. Or simply just avoid trying new outfits while fighting in a dungeon. :)

I was actually in Dragonsreach during the day ;)

5 minutes ago, throwaway700Million said:

Something I experienced with this is that because 3D models are disabled you can't read the codes on the dragon claws to unlock the doors

(also it's just nice being able to see 3D models of all that stuff we installed in 06-Models & Textures as often as possible and if you want to preview what armor will look like I found it more useful to have a 3D model than having to equip and then potentially unequip and reeuip my old gear)

But if you enable 3D models they cover up your character so you can't really see them in the menu which is the whole point right?

What worked for me was shifting the items left a bit in SkyUI and shifting the player right a bit in this mod so I can see both but this has the unfortunate side effect of moving the magic effects way off to the left underneath the spell selection menu

You could have it so it hides everything but misc items so you can still play dress up with armor and weapons, just something to keep in mind for the MCM stuff

This is a good point. There should be a toggle to swap the inventory item and the PC for such purposes.