Two new featurs in the right-click menu in downloads tab

Guba

Question

I hope it is the right place for asking for new features. If it is not, please no flame. I'm a novice here.
I'm installing the SEE STEP mod-list, and I noticed that a couple of other items in the right click contestual menu in the downloads tab should be nice and easy to achieve.

The first is a feature "install and activate" to install and activate the mod just downloaded;

The second is a feature "install, activate and hide" to install, activate and then hide the downloaded file.

Less mouse walkabouts and clicks, useful for long lists of mods.

Thanks for the attention.

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Guba said:

I hope it is the right place for asking for new features. If it is not, please no flame. I'm a novice here.
I'm installing the SEE STEP mod-list, and I noticed that a couple of other items in the right click contestual menu in the downloads tab should be nice and easy to achieve.

The first is a feature "install and activate" to install and activate the mod just downloaded;

The second is a feature "install, activate and hide" to install, activate and then hide the downloaded file.

Less mouse walkabouts and clicks, useful for long lists of mods.

Thanks for the attention.

See the Nexus MO mod page for where to submit MO feedback.

I will say that your "Install and activate" idea is problematic in that there is no way to prioritize the installed mod. It just gets installed to the bottom of the left pane (highest  install priority) and activated, which isn't useful. You would still need to prioritize it manually. Additionally, activating a mod is as simple as one click to check the box (or you could install all and activate all mods in one fell swoop using the right-click context menu from the left pane on installed mods).

It sounds like you are following a guide and ordering the installs according to the guide maybe. Regardless, installing in sequence and enabling all at once in left pane alleviates the need to activate each one independently.

Not sure why you would want to hide downloaded files. There's already plenty of ways to remove redundancies and sort that list without hiding them (which itself isn't useful, IMO. Hiding them creates new issues when you need to reinstall a mod).

Thank you for your answers.
I will use GIT for the next functionalities questions.

Franlky I do not love Discord. It is ugly, and the general mood is more like a secret society that of a public forum.

Edited by Guba
typos
  • +1 1