Problem updating Fallout 4 mods with MO2

proletkult

Question

I get the following message when seeing if any mods have been updated:

[2022-12-22 15:26:16.666 I] You have mods that haven't been checked within the last month using the new API. These mods must be checked before we can use the bulk update API. This will consume significantly more API requests than usual. You will need to rerun the update check once complete in order to parse the remaining mods.

How do I check these mods?  I went to Nexus, through my download history and updated the two mods that had been updated within the last month, but I still get this message when checking for updates.  I also tried doing the "force check update" on every mod in my list (almost 200).  What do I do to get the updater working again?  Thanks for your time.  Sorry, I don't have a discord membership or any other social media membership and I'm not interested in doing so.  So if there is no one here that can help, I'm S.O.L. 

Edited by proletkult
added information

2 answers to this question

I don't recall seeing this message but click on any mod to select it then right click to open the selection menu. At the top it will say "All Mods". Hover the mouse over that and another menu will open. Third from the bottom will be "Check For updates. click on that and MO will start doing a check.

image.png

You should see the progress in the bottom right of the window in the Notifications area. MO will change the left pane to show all mods that report needing an update. A word of caution though, not all will really need one. If the installed mod is version 2 and the Nexus Mods page has not been updated from v1 then it will be red.

I have seen this message a few weeks ago but i didn't do anything about it specifically. I just checked all mods for updates (per @GSDFan above), updated a few mods that had updates available, and went on my merry way resolving conflicts and playing the game. I don't recall having seen this message since. If you are still seeing this message, look in the output at the bottom to see if it shows which specific mod(s) are affected. If it does, you can probably right click each one and Force Check Update that one mod. You can also double click the mod, go to the Nexus Info tab, and click Refresh to refresh the mod description and metadata.

It's not really an error per se and you can chose to ignore the message. This is just saying the mod was last accessed using the old Nexus API and needs to be refreshed using the new Nexus API for the bulk update check to work. If you ignore the message, Mod Organizer should eventually check in the background if I remember correctly.