LOOT Error returned for ENBLight.esp - Missing textures?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if I've done something wrong or if this LOOT message is expected. I did not install the patch suggested in the error message, since I either missed that instruction, or understood that it was not required. Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.e92c6139a054450d57ddce26e7a2374a.png

2 minutes ago, Paes said:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if I've done something wrong or if this LOOT message is expected. I did not install the patch suggested in the error message, since I either missed that instruction, or understood that it was not required. Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.e92c6139a054450d57ddce26e7a2374a.png

Revisit the 04 Foundation ModGroup and install Particle Patch as instructed. You should probably check if you missed any others as well.

16 hours ago, z929669 said:

Revisit the 04 Foundation ModGroup and install Particle Patch as instructed. You should probably check if you missed any others as well.

Thanks for the response. I double checked, and it seems I've already installed the patch and disabled the suggested .esp. I've attached some screenshots below.

image.thumb.png.24b3e614b971d58ac56dffaf5b09c138.png

image.thumb.png.23f7944747b784c8b84f3429483491d5.png

26 minutes ago, Paes said:

Thanks for the response. I double checked, and it seems I've already installed the patch and disabled the suggested .esp. I've attached some screenshots below.

image.thumb.png.24b3e614b971d58ac56dffaf5b09c138.png

image.thumb.png.23f7944747b784c8b84f3429483491d5.png

Look at the installation instructions and be sure you installed it exactly as instructed as loose files and that it is placed at the correct MO priority. Also ensure you installed the correct version of ENB Light and is prioritized as instructed.

It's all in the instructions, so if something isn't working, it's due to a missed step or instruction or a configuration issue (See the System Setup Guide for that).

Also sort with LOOT and run it again in case the issue is with load order (which yours is, probably because you installed the PP BSA and disabled the plugin).

36 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Look at the installation instructions and be sure you installed it exactly as instructed as loose files and that it is placed at the correct MO priority. Also ensure you installed the correct version of ENB Light and is prioritized as instructed.

It's all in the instructions, so if something isn't working, it's due to a missed step or instruction or a configuration issue (See the System Setup Guide for that).

Also sort with LOOT and run it again in case the issue is with load order (which yours is, probably because you installed the PP BSA and disabled the plugin).

I've used the FOMOD installer and selected the correct options. I've disabled the .esp because that's what the guide instructed --- I don't know if this is correct or not. I've installed all the mods in the suggested order. I've installed ENB Light as instructed.  I've sorted with LOOT.

I appreciate that it's "all in the instructions" --- but sometimes people are not successful in following the instructions, and are looking for people with experience to help figure out where they've gone wrong. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

I reinstalled the Particle Patch in the Foundation group, reran LOOT, and the warning disappeared --- so I must have done something wrong during the installation of that patch. Does reinstalling this patch require any further action, or should I be OK? I'm not sure if this would affect anything like data created during the LODgen steps or save games.

Double click on the Particle Patch mod. Your File Tree tab should show this (and the priority of that mod should be near 111):

image.png

ENB Light should look like this in MO left pane (Priority should be somewhere near 500-ish):

image.png

Under these conditions, if you have your plugins sorted with LOOT and run LOOT again, you will not see the warning in LOOT you posted with these mods enabled.

6 minutes ago, Paes said:

I reinstalled the Particle Patch in the Foundation group, reran LOOT, and the warning disappeared --- so I must have done something wrong during the installation of that patch. Does reinstalling this patch require any further action, or should I be OK? I'm not sure if this would affect anything like data created during the LODgen steps or save games.

As I mentioned previously, your issues indicated that you installed the Particle Patch with BSA rather than loose files option. That's what I mentioned in my very first post on this topic.

17 hours ago, z929669 said:

Nothing more is needed if you have that done now.

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

As I mentioned previously, your issues indicated that you installed the Particle Patch with BSA rather than loose files option. That's what I mentioned in my very first post on this topic.

Indeed, you were correct about that --- I just didn't know what to do next (ie. reinstall, edit, something else, etc.). Anyways, everything now checks out as you've indicated, and LOOT does not return any errors. Thank you for the help.

• Like 1