Balancing Grass Distance Colors?

Hi,

I'm using DynDOLOD Alpha99...

In the past I was able to get my distance grass colors more balanced, looking similar, now the farthest distance out is a greener color, then the rest of the grass.

Here's a screen shot of the grass I am referring to with red boxes around it, that appears greener than the rest...

Green Grass — Freeimage.host

I'm using Complex Grass... 

To balance the colors, is this just playing around the TexGen Direct/Ambient?

In DynDOLOD I've tried default settings and these settings for the complex grass.

ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing

THANKS

Edited by mooit

There's nothing to fix there, other than (roughly) blending the landscape texture with the used grass mod. Whiterun is one of the very few places where the difference will be obvious. The blending of grass in the first LOD stage actually looks perfect in your screen.

I've always used; fBlockLevel0Distance=57344.0000

I did increase it to the max 98304 it helped.

I'm using Folkvangr and Tamrielic Textures right now, in that screen shot.

Before when I was using Cathedral Landscapes it blended out at this distance, that's why I made this post, I didn't see this before.

And going from Alpha95 to 99, I also didn't see this too before in Alpha95 with Folkvangr and Tamrielic Textures, so I don't know what is going on.

I'd love it if a few people using Cathedral Landscapes could please post some screen shots for comparision?

THANKS

P.S. I wonder for NGIO if ExtendGrassDistance = True will help?

Edited by mooit

4 hours ago, mooit said:

I've always used; fBlockLevel0Distance=57344.0000

I did increase it to the max 98304 it helped.

I'm using Folkvangr and Tamrielic Textures right now, in that screen shot.

Before when I was using Cathedral Landscapes it blended out at this distance, that's why I made this post, I didn't see this before.

And going from Alpha95 to 99, I also didn't see this too before in Alpha95 with Folkvangr and Tamrielic Textures, so I don't know what is going on.

I'd love it if a few people using Cathedral Landscapes could please post some screen shots for comparision?

THANKS

P.S. I wonder for NGIO if ExtendGrassDistance = True will help?

NGIO doesn't work with SSE 1.6.xxx ... you should know this?

I have posted many screens of CL grass for you in several topics. See the current Step guide in Performance Tuning as an example. Terrain needs to match the grass as was mentioned above. The reason you had it matching previously is because you were using CL and CL complex grass (Step's landscape config).

The grass you are using doesn't work well for the landscape mods you are using (Folkvangr and Tamrielic Textures, I assume).

11 minutes ago, z929669 said:

NGIO doesn't work with SSE 1.6.xxx ... you should know this?

I have posted many screens of CL grass for you in several topics. See the current Step guide in Performance Tuning as an example. Terrain needs to match the grass as was mentioned above. The reason you had it matching previously is because you were using CL and CL complex grass (Step's landscape config).

The grass you are using doesn't work well for the landscape mods you are using (Folkvangr and Tamrielic Textures, I assume).

I use NGIO in SSE 1.5x :)

Let me back up the conversation and start over.

With Alpha95 and various grass and landscape mods, I was able to get the grass to match the coloring better in the distance. I wasn't always using CL.

Ever since TexGen now has the HD Complex Grass, it's when I started seeing this issue, in the latter versions of DynDOLOD.

Also, the best way I can describe this, with Alpha95, is if you look at the Tundra, and break it up into 3 equal sections, the midway distance and the farthest distance, were always the same colors. Now the farthest distance is always a brighter color, that is also something different, I never had happen before.

I'll keep playing around, hopefully I'll figure it out.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

36 minutes ago, mooit said:

I use NGIO in SSE 1.5x :)

Let me back up the conversation and start over.

With Alpha95 and various grass and landscape mods, I was able to get the grass to match the coloring better in the distance. I wasn't always using CL.

Ever since TexGen now has the HD Complex Grass, it's when I started seeing this issue, in the latter versions of DynDOLOD.

Also, the best way I can describe this, with Alpha95, is if you look at the Tundra, and break it up into 3 equal sections, the midway distance and the farthest distance, were always the same colors. Now the farthest distance is always a brighter color, that is also something different, I never had happen before.

I'll keep playing around, hopefully I'll figure it out.

THANKS

As DoubleYou mentioned above, there is no grass in that area way out there (LOD8). As Phlunder mentioned above, that is your landscape mod(s), and the texture color doesn't work with your grass.

Your grass LOD4 looks like a good match.

Leave your grass alone for now and get a different landscape mod. I would check Folkvangr mod description and posts for ideas.

EDIT: And as has also been mentioned many times elsewhere, DynDOLOD versioning has nothing to do with it. It added HD grass functionality to better support ENB-CG, and you can disable that and not use CG and use the same settings you previously used. DynDOLOD works the same, and your config is not optimized.

Ok on output...

Oh one last thing on the subject of grass, I asked before, but I can't remember.

When using Complex grass, besides the settings of 0.500, all of them are also suppose to say 'TopR'?

; make bottom darker to fake shadowing

THANKS

Edited by mooit

52 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I had fixed that a couple days ago. Refresh browser cache

I haven't seen this in any guide, I only saw this mentioned here on the forum.

Support for ENB Complex Grass In LOD - DynDOLOD & xLODGen Support - Step Modifications | Change The Game

Where are you referring to, to refresh where?

THANKS

Edited by mooit