DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 167

sheson

1 hour ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Well this was honestly unexpected, but I get the exact same issue with DynDOLOD 2.98. Its also the exact same scenario as well. If I hide either SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex, DynDOLOD.esm or SSE Engine Fixes the stutter will go away.

I also just reinstalled Windows 10 last month during my month of trying to troubleshoot this. My wife's computer is Windows 11 and also recently installed and I am able to replicate the issue on her computer so I don't think there is anything on my computer that would be causing the stutter when the game is running?

Also you had mentioned using a workaround and currently the best thing that has worked so far with our troubleshooting is that test SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex script. You had also said that with this test script the dynamic LOD is not working properly. From my few tests running with it I have noticed that the windmills appear to work along with the water wheels. The only thing that I have noticed is that sometimes the dynamic LOD for waterfalls doesnt work correctly and will flicker when I am nearby. I know I shouldn't use this script since its not working fully, but if this is the tradeoff between flickering waterfalls or unplayable stutter I would gladly take the flickering waterfalls any day. I was able to run around the map twice even with the test script so it seems stable enough for me if you think its okay that I use this as a workaround.

That was totally expected, especially after testing with the old version of SSE Engine Fixes did not make a difference as well.

There is something else is addition to SSE Engine Fixes that needs to happen to have a vanilla script command going weird all of sudden, otherwise we would have had thousands of reports in the past years about this. Typically, the number one suspect in these case are Skyrim INI settings, but I have not seen anything that sticks out in the INIs you uploaded and no stutter happened after putting the INIs into the MO2 profile I made for this issue with the full DynDOLOD.esm you uploaded etc.

There is no workaround yet, we are still in the middle of troubleshooting. 

If you want to stop troubleshooting, then I suggest to not generate any dynamic LOD or to disable the large reference system by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 and IgnoreLargeReferences=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini while keeping the scripts from DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Use the default EngineFixes.toml, so the issue happens as usual and set VerboseLogging = true. Do the test, upload c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\EngineFixes.log (might as well upload every other log that gets updated with the same timestamp, like skse64.log for example)

58 minutes ago, sheson said:

That was totally expected, especially after testing with the old version of SSE Engine Fixes did not make a difference as well.

There is something else is addition to SSE Engine Fixes that needs to happen to have a vanilla script command going weird all of sudden, otherwise we would have had thousands of reports in the past years about this. Typically, the number one suspect in these case are Skyrim INI settings, but I have not seen anything that sticks out in the INIs you uploaded and no stutter happened after putting the INIs into the MO2 profile I made for this issue with the full DynDOLOD.esm you uploaded etc.

There is no workaround yet, we are still in the middle of troubleshooting. 

If you want to stop troubleshooting, then I suggest to not generate any dynamic LOD or to disable the large reference system by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 and IgnoreLargeReferences=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini while keeping the scripts from DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Use the default EngineFixes.toml, so the issue happens as usual and set VerboseLogging = true. Do the test, upload c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\EngineFixes.log (might as well upload every other log that gets updated with the same timestamp, like skse64.log for example)

Oh no I want to continue troubleshooting I just know that I have taken up so much of your time and I just feel bad. I will do the test you asked and will upload shortly. Thank you for your help I am very grateful.

Edit: Logs are attached now

skse64.log skse64_steam_loader.log skse64_loader.log PapyrusUtilDev.log EngineFixes.log

Edited by Saint_Chewy

Odd and amusing thing going on - 

Updated to latest version, re-ran Dyndolod - and now I am finding little "Easter eggs" all over the place - inside the Whiterun gates, at the entrance to Riverwood, just outside of White River Watch etc (only been Helgen - Riverwood - Whiterun area so far)

What? - various candles - Candle Horns, Silver Candlesticks etc - and using more informative console they are vanilla resources placed by Dyndolod itself. Some example references are D3106C07, D310799F, D3105607, D310826E

Nothing game breaking, but all a bit odd

6 minutes ago, Tetrol88 said:

Odd and amusing thing going on - 

Updated to latest version, re-ran Dyndolod - and now I am finding little "Easter eggs" all over the place - inside the Whiterun gates, at the entrance to Riverwood, just outside of White River Watch etc (only been Helgen - Riverwood - Whiterun area so far)

What? - various candles - Candle Horns, Silver Candlesticks etc - and using more informative console they are vanilla resources placed by Dyndolod itself. Some example references are D3106C07, D310799F, D3105607, D310826E

Nothing game breaking, but all a bit odd

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.
https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

Read https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Out of place or floating objects"

All well and good but ALL the references are Dyndolod ones - the base IDs are from Dyndolod.esm - eg Candlehorn 260162F0 and the refIDs are Dyndold.esp - all are placed at entrances/exits to settlements or dungeon areas. A singleshot with more informative console overlay showing the references is one just inside of the Whiterun gates, but have seen them in lots of places - town entrances (eg Riverwood, Rorikstead) and on the approach roads to Dungeons eg White River WatchScreenShot34.thumb.png.e31be948a0607247dd54b8f764f7a794.png

2 hours ago, Tetrol88 said:

All well and good but ALL the references are Dyndolod ones - the base IDs are from Dyndolod.esm - eg Candlehorn 260162F0 and the refIDs are Dyndold.esp - all are placed at entrances/exits to settlements or dungeon areas. A singleshot with more informative console overlay showing the references is one just inside of the Whiterun gates, but have seen them in lots of places - town entrances (eg Riverwood, Rorikstead) and on the approach roads to Dungeons eg White River WatchScreenShot34.thumb.png.e31be948a0607247dd54b8f764f7a794.png

Read https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Out of place or floating objects"
Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If the problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD plugins went wrong. Follow the instructions how to update DynDOLOD.
Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true for mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to the official DynDOLOD support forum in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with open console / form id) to show the issues if possible. If the reference is added by a DynDOLOD plugin, follow the "pluginname_formid" information found in the Editor ID of the reference to find the plugin from which this reference originates. Also see How to ignore all references of a child worldspace for copying to parent worldspace and LOD.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots
If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format pluginname_formID for the source plugin and reference.

The screenshot shows the pluginname_formid is hf_lakeview_avantgarden_exesp_029999

Looking up the reference in xx0029999 in HF_Lakeview_AvantGarden_EX.esp shows it uses a STAT base record type and Clutter\GlazedCandlesStatic02.nif, while the screenshot shows MSTT base record type and GlazedCandlesStatic02_havok.nif, so it looks like got replaced by something. The reference in the DynDOLOD plugin should have the same position as the original reference, unless maybe if base object swapper is involved. As requested before, provide log and debug log and any information about what mod(s) you are using that changes those lanterns to MSTT / *_havok.nif.

20 hours ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Oh no I want to continue troubleshooting I just know that I have taken up so much of your time and I just feel bad. I will do the test you asked and will upload shortly. Thank you for your help I am very grateful.

Edit: Logs are attached now

skse64.log 1.35 kB · 1 download skse64_steam_loader.log 871 B · 1 download skse64_loader.log 976 B · 1 download PapyrusUtilDev.log 840 B · 1 download EngineFixes.log 19.38 kB · 1 download

Everything looks fine in those logs.

Lets test a potential workaround. Test DynDOLOD.esm with 938kB first. I expect it to not change anything about the issue. It is to verify the vanilla setup I have works on your setup and has no effect on the issue.

Then test if there is any difference with the DynDOLOD.esm that has 887kB.

DynDOLOD.esm DynDOLOD.esm

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Everything looks fine in those logs.

Lets test a potential workaround. Test DynDOLOD.esm with 938kB first. I expect it to not change anything about the issue. It is to verify the vanilla setup I have works on your setup and has no effect on the issue.

Then test if there is any difference with the DynDOLOD.esm that has 887kB.

DynDOLOD.esm DynDOLOD.esm

Hi Sheson, unfortunately no change with either of the test DynDOLOD.esms that you provided.

On 11/2/2022 at 1:13 PM, Edryu said:

This link has the logs of the last session in Dyndolod:
https://ufile.io/f/unbqm

I have 5 SWAP files that change objects with LOD, 3 SWAP files changes the farmhouses from 3 minor towns, one SWAP file changes the houses from Dragon Bridge, and 1 SWAP file changes all the trees in the marsh with custom versions.

The log shows "Loaded 2103 base record swaps."

Provide information which references/base records swaps (form ids/editor IDs) do not have matching LOD updated. LOD assets for the swapped version are required of course.
Name and link the mod(s) or provide the swap INI / plugin.

Upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

On 8/24/2022 at 8:23 PM, z929669 said:

Did you click the link in that error? Search MO data tab for this file. Probably provided by your water mod (e.g., RWT).

i clicked in the link but it shows nothing sir. The problem is i dont know how to solve this sir, ikr it might my water mod but idk how to solve it sir

I'm having a problem but I'm not sure if it's being caused by dyndolod, but it seems to be, there a huge block of ice close to Whiterun, it only appears when I get close and it has collision but I can't select it on console to verify which mod is defining and editing it, here's an imgur album showing the artifact: https://imgur.com/a/PINeVU5

Modlist: https://pastebin.com/wAA4r9gT

6 hours ago, TFVgen said:

I'm having a problem but I'm not sure if it's being caused by dyndolod, but it seems to be, there a huge block of ice close to Whiterun, it only appears when I get close and it has collision but I can't select it on console to verify which mod is defining and editing it, here's an imgur album showing the artifact: https://imgur.com/a/PINeVU5

Modlist: https://pastebin.com/wAA4r9gT

Why do you believe this has something to do with DynDOLOD? Does the problem not happen without DynDOLOD output in the load order?

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Out of place or floating objects"
Check the log messages for deleted references. Check plugins for errors and clean them from ITMs or deleted references. See xEdit Cleaning and Error Checking.