DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

I always try to keep an eye out for conflicts with the DynDOLOD Resources when I work on things, and I noticed that in Alpha-29 you included most mountain LOD0 meshes now. The only change I could see is that the Vertex_Alpha flag was removed. Should I carry this change forward, as I am working on improved LOD0 mountain meshes?

3 hours ago, Phlunder said:

I always try to keep an eye out for conflicts with the DynDOLOD Resources when I work on things, and I noticed that in Alpha-29 you included most mountain LOD0 meshes now. The only change I could see is that the Vertex_Alpha flag was removed. Should I carry this change forward, as I am working on improved LOD0 mountain meshes?

The vertex alpha flag itself should be irrelevant for LOD models as it is typically removed in the BTOs - any actual vertex alpha would be transparency with a threshold of 128.

The high/low vertex color alpha value for the snow LOD shader should still exist and make it into the BTO unchanged.

The update is to make sure that these remaining vanilla LOD models have the same BSTriShape names as the full models so the base record texture replacements can be correctly applied. The updated LOD models should now have the exact same BSShader / BSTexture settings as the full model.

• Thanks 1

I want to stop some shrubs from getting LODs at all.

(I've already got a mod stopping the full model from showing up in front of my character, and it's supposed to be a dyndolod friendly version but apparently not with ddlod 3 alpha 103).

1. Can I set rules for these shrub meshes to do this? It would look like the tundrascrub01.nif rule outlined in red with the specific rules settings outlined in orange (none, none, none, none, none, delete)?

2. Since all of these shrubs are technically trees (and I still want tree LODs for non-shrub trees), should I put these shrub-LOD-deleting rules above the tree rule or below it?

EDIT: I have read: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules already, but I still don't know the answer to either question. I don't know how to interpret "Rules at the top match before rules at bottom" as far as which will win, lower or higher rule.

Thanks!

Untitled.png

Edited by tweedledumb99

8 hours ago, tweedledumb99 said:

I want to stop some shrubs from getting LODs at all.

(I've already got a mod stopping the full model from showing up in front of my character, and it's supposed to be a dyndolod friendly version but apparently not with ddlod 3 alpha 103).

1. Can I set rules for these shrub meshes to do this? It would look like the tundrascrub01.nif rule outlined in red with the specific rules settings outlined in orange (none, none, none, none, none, delete)?

2. Since all of these shrubs are technically trees (and I still want tree LODs for non-shrub trees), should I put these shrub-LOD-deleting rules above the tree rule or below it?

EDIT: I have read: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules already, but I still don't know the answer to either question. I don't know how to interpret "Rules at the top match before rules at bottom" as far as which will win, lower or higher rule.

Thanks!

Untitled.png

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post.

Upload the the log and debug as explained in the first post.

What mod?

LOD is only generated for references that actually exist and for which a LOD asset exists.
https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-LOD
Tree LOD is generated if a tree LOD billboard is found for a tree in the load order. In this context trees are references that use base records of the types 'TREE' and 'STAT' with the 'Has Tree LOD' flag set.

By default there is no LOD model shipping for tundrascrub01.nif and TexGen does not generate a billboard for it.
Do not install any 3rd party billboards. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards#3rd-Party-LOD-Billboards
Do not force TexGen to generate billboard generation for things if you do not want LOD for it.

Mesh mask rules order matters. Move them to the top to make sure they apply. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

When I start the game, I am getting DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version. I am using 3.0 Alpha, scripts 2.82.3. SSE 1.6.640 and papyrus util. 4.4. My error messages are only large references. 

I reinstalled 3.0 alpha and it fixed my scripts. Thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, Spike2112 said:

When I start the game, I am getting DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version. I am using 3.0 Alpha, scripts 2.82.3. SSE 1.6.640 and papyrus util. 4.4. My error messages are only large references. 

I reinstalled 3.0 alpha and it fixed my scripts. Thanks anyway.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Really read the entire page when doing things. You most likely set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and ignored the requirements to install papyrus scripts version 3 for the experimental workarounds https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Requirements

Holy cow! I can't believe this thing is still active and being updated. I came back to Skyrim earlier this year because I was bored and was pleased to see release 3 in the works. Thank you for all you do and all the replies. I can't imagine how much work this is. Thank you!

The reason I came to this forum is to ask a question. I've used dyndolod for many playthroughs. With out guides and videos, like gamer poets, I wouldn't have any idea what to click. Basically, I just follow the guides and do what they tell me. So, I was hoping you could answer my question, but first I feel I have give the background that lead me here.

Recently I had a problem with my skyrim ae savefile. I ran it through resaver and there were a lot of script stacks for dyndolod. I've ran into this before with a different mod, so I went though the cleaning to fix it. I noticed there was an update so I decided to download that and give it a go while I was in the process of fixing my save. When I was done, I had a working save and after an hour of play, the script stacks were gone and everything was fine. There was just one problem and that the distant LODs weren't loading. I had no trees or buildings on my map (using ACMOS). So I figured I did something wrong. I reran xLODgen, TexGen and DynDOLod 3x using Lexy's guide and still ran into the same problem. After the third time, I remembered that she also makes a change in the .ini file. So I made that change, reran only DynDOLod and eureka!

So, here's my question finally. I was wondering why I had to make a change to ini file and why those changes and why those options aren't visible in the GUI?  I had to set Level32=1 and uncomment the double sided mountain mask.  I've read some of the FAQs and documentation but some of it sticks and some of it doesn't. I couldn't find anything that easily explained this.

I don't need any fixing or rescuing, but I'd just like a bit of information so I can learn a bit more. Thanks!

Edited by NerdDefender
  • +1 1

3 hours ago, NerdDefender said:

Holy cow! I can't believe this thing is still active and being updated. I came back to Skyrim earlier this year because I was bored and was pleased to see release 3 in the works. Thank you for all you do and all the replies. I can't imagine how much work this is. Thank you!

The reason I came to this forum is to ask a question. I've used dyndolod for many playthroughs. With out guides and videos, like gamer poets, I wouldn't have any idea what to click. Basically, I just follow the guides and do what they tell me. So, I was hoping you could answer my question, but first I feel I have give the background that lead me here.

Recently I had a problem with my skyrim ae savefile. I ran it through resaver and there were a lot of script stacks for dyndolod. I've ran into this before with a different mod, so I went though the cleaning to fix it. I noticed there was an update so I decided to download that and give it a go while I was in the process of fixing my save. When I was done, I had a working save and after an hour of play, the script stacks were gone and everything was fine. There was just one problem and that the distant LODs weren't loading. I had no trees or buildings on my map (using ACMOS). So I figured I did something wrong. I reran xLODgen, TexGen and DynDOLod 3x using Lexy's guide and still ran into the same problem. After the third time, I remembered that she also makes a change in the .ini file. So I made that change, reran only DynDOLod and eureka!

So, here's my question finally. I was wondering why I had to make a change to ini file and why those changes and why those options aren't visible in the GUI? I had to set Level32=1 and uncomment the double sided mountain mask. I've read some of the FAQs and documentation but some of it sticks and some of it doesn't. I couldn't find anything that easily explained this.

I don't need any fixing or rescuing, but I'd just like a bit of information so I can learn a bit more. Thanks!

Read the first post what log and debug log when making posts.

If you have problems with or questions about third party guides, you should ask on its appropriate forum. 

Suspended stacks are the victim of papyrus / scripts / performance problems.

Changing settings in the DynDOLOD INI is not required for the default LOD generation. They only need to be changed in case the users follows 1st party or 3rd party mod or guide instructions.

https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works
Typically object LOD does not have a LOD level 32 - it can only be shown on the map.

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Maps-And-Map-Mods
LOD Level 32 object LOD meshes typically do not exist in a vanilla game, so by default DynDOLOD generates object LOD meshes for LOD level 4, 8 and 16. Which means, if a map mod contains LOD level 32 object LOD meshes, there is no conflict with default TexGen output or default DynDOLOD output. See Ultra Tree LOD - Trees on the Map how to generate object LOD level 32. In the case that DynDOLOD is used to generate object LOD level 32 files specifically, they should overwrite the map mod files.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Trees-on-the-Map
To generate LOD level 32 object LOD, set Level32=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE].ini

From DynDOLOD_SSE.ini
; set to 1 to generate LOD Level 32 *.bto files (indentical to LOD Level 16 but without billboard trees when generating with TreeLOD=0)
; set [MapMenu] uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini
Level32=0

From the description of A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds
This feature requires using the latest DynDOLOD 3 alpha and setting Level32=1 in \Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

When you installed the mod, you specifically selected the option "With DynDOLOD LOD32", which sets the game to uLockedObjectMapLOD=32. The FOMOD installer shows these explanations for the option:
Installs INI file with object LOD pointing toward LOD32. This is for users who use DynDOLOD Level32=1.
You MUST follow the instructions on the mod page for this to work correctly! Failure to do so will cause LOD to be rendered incorrectly.
DO NOT USE THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

From the description of A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds
DynDOLOD Instructions (optional but highly recommended)
1. Navigate to the \Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file in your DynDOLOD install and set Expert=1 and Level32=1.

Setting uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 without generating object LOD level 32 files means there will be only terrain LOD shown on the map.

From DynDOLOD_SSE.ini:
; set the double_sided shader flag in object LOD *.bto meshes on these lists of meshes / textures masks (partial filename) for mods like Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows
;DoubleSidedTextureMask=mountain,mtn

If you go to the mod Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows on Nexus you will see it has been replaced by Enhanced Volumetric Lighting and Shadows (EVLaS). From its description:
Or (highly recommended) generate a load order specific terrain underside using DynDOLOD 3.0 or newer

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Terrain-Underside
In addition consider to uncomment (remove the ; ) DoubleSidedTextureMask=mountain,mtn in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE].ini, so that the object LOD for mountains (the rocks) blocks sun rays as well.

Does anyone have a fix for "No Snow Under The Roof" ?  Currently using version 3.2   Or should I just remove mod or does anyone have a fix?  I use Fluffy snow which I like.   I get a lot of...<Warning: Overwritten large reference in Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp with locations after it.   I read comments stating its more for vanilla snow.  Nor sure if that's the issue here or not.  Kind of still new to modding.  Thank you

20 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

Does anyone have a fix for "No Snow Under The Roof" ?  Currently using version 3.2   Or should I just remove mod or does anyone have a fix?  I use Fluffy snow which I like.   I get a lot of...<Warning: Overwritten large reference in Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp with locations after it.   I read comments stating its more for vanilla snow.  Nor sure if that's the issue here or not.  Kind of still new to modding.  Thank you

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read the explanations https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Overwritten-Large-Reference and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References

You could permanently remove mods that cause visual issues, disable the large references system or test the experimental large reference workarounds as explained https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds. Leave the advanced and proper solutions like flagging plugins as ESM to the mod author.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:44 AM, sheson said:

Since the DynDOLOD.esp has the DynDOLOD.esm as master it will typically no load without it.

If the problem happens only with the DynDOLOD.esm, then it is pretty straight forward now, as there are not that many records in the persistent cell D74 but mostly a single references (Tamriel_Worshopper*) in the temporary cells. Those are for dynamic LOD, so they do not really do anything with the DynDOLOD.esp.

So the binary search goes like this: Restore backup of plugin if problem goes away, continue removing "half" the records from plugin that has the problem until only a specific record remains. First remove all other worldspaces. Then remove the persistent cell D74 in the Tamriel worldspace. Then start removing half the blocks until you are down to a block, then same for sub-blocks, then same for the cells in the last remaining sub-block.

Hello Sheson, I wanted to provide an update and see if you have any suggestions moving forward.

So to recap my troubleshooting has lead me to find that DynDOLOD is the cause for my extreme stuttering. With your help we found that if I hide DynDOLOD.esm (and subsequently DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion.esp) I do NOT stutter at all. I did originally test by hiding first Occlusion.esp and then DynDOLOD.esp and I still stuttered and then after hiding DynDOLOD.esm the stutter went away.

I have spent the last almost week going through DynDOLOD.esm and trying to remove the blocks to find the reference that was causing my stutter. What I have found is that it does not matter what block I remove, there will be stutter unless I remove 9 or the 11 blocks. I have found that if I removed 9 of the 11 blocks it will not stutter. It also does not matter which 9 blocks I remove as long as I remove 9 of them. This has caused me to essentially go crazy.

So I started over. I removed all mods and ran DynDOLOD on the vanilla game. I only added a couple essential mods and I tested again. I was still getting the exact same stutter even with vanilla DynDOLOD. These are the only mods that I have enabled in MO2.

+DynDOLOD_Output Vanilla
+TexGen_Output
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.5.39 - 1.5.97
+SSE Display Tweaks
+PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions
+Address Library for SKSE Plugins

I have found that in my case, DynDOLOD and SSE Engine Fixes are not playing nice and both are causing my stutter. I have NO idea why this is the case and I am sure pretty much everyone who has a modded Skyrim has both mods in their load order.

If I disable SSE Engine Fixes and leave DyndoLOD with all plugins, I do not get any stutter at all. If disable the DynDOLOD plugins and leave SSE Engine Fixes I get NO stutter at all. If leave both active I get my stutter. I am unable to test this with my main mod list as I will get infinite loading screens with SSE Engine Fixes disabled, but as mentioned before, if I hide DynDOLOD plugins and leave SSE Engine Fixes along with my 800 plugins I get NO stutter either. I have ran this test 10 times over on my separate profile in MO2 so I am very confident that these 2 mods are conflicting. So at this point I do not know if its an issue with DynDOLOD or if this is an issue with SSE Engine Fixes and this is what I am hoping you can help me with. .

Here are my new Logs in case you need them. Thank you again for your help.

Edited by Saint_Chewy

1 hour ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Hello Sheson, I wanted to provide an update and see if you have any suggestions moving forward.

So to recap my troubleshooting has lead me to find that DynDOLOD is the cause for my extreme stuttering. With your help we found that if I hide DynDOLOD.esm (and subsequently DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion.esp) I do NOT stutter at all. I did originally test by hiding first Occlusion.esp and then DynDOLOD.esp and I still stuttered and then after hiding DynDOLOD.esm the stutter went away.

I have spent the last almost week going through DynDOLOD.esm and trying to remove the blocks to find the reference that was causing my stutter. What I have found is that it does not matter what block I remove, there will be stutter unless I remove 9 or the 11 blocks. I have found that if I removed 9 of the 11 blocks it will not stutter. It also does not matter which 9 blocks I remove as long as I remove 9 of them. This has caused me to essentially go crazy.

So I started over. I removed all mods and ran DynDOLOD on the vanilla game. I only added a couple essential mods and I tested again. I was still getting the exact same stutter even with vanilla DynDOLOD. These are the only mods that I have enabled in MO2.

+DynDOLOD_Output Vanilla
+TexGen_Output
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.5.39 - 1.5.97
+SSE Display Tweaks
+PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions
+Address Library for SKSE Plugins

I have found that in my case, DynDOLOD and SSE Engine Fixes are not playing nice and both are causing my stutter. I have NO idea why this is the case and I am sure pretty much everyone who has a modded Skyrim has both mods in their load order.

If I disable SSE Engine Fixes and leave DyndoLOD with all plugins, I do not get any stutter at all. If disable the DynDOLOD plugins and leave SSE Engine Fixes I get NO stutter at all. If leave both active I get my stutter. I am unable to test this with my main mod list as I will get infinite loading screens with SSE Engine Fixes disabled, but as mentioned before, if I hide DynDOLOD plugins and leave SSE Engine Fixes along with my 800 plugins I get NO stutter either. I have ran this test 10 times over on my separate profile in MO2 so I am very confident that these 2 mods are conflicting. So at this point I do not know if its an issue with DynDOLOD or if this is an issue with SSE Engine Fixes and this is what I am hoping you can help me with. .

Here are my new Logs in case you need them. Thank you again for your help.

It's good you you narrowed it down that much already.

In steps, remove Display Tweaks and then PapyrusUtil to make sure they have no part in what is going on. Without DynDOLOD.esp there is no dynamic LOD anyways.
To make extra sure, also hide Meshes, Textures and the SKSE folder from the DynDOLOD output. Remove DynDOLOD Resources SE and then TexGen Output as well. 

We assume none of that made a difference, so far.

That should leave  you with the game, SKSE, the preloader part2 for Engine Fixes (which I assume is d3dx9_42.dll, tbb.dll, tbbmalloc.dll), Engine Fixes DLL and DynDOLOD.esm.

Upload the EngineFixes.toml

Consider moving MO2 out of Steam and game folders.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

It's good you you narrowed it down that much already.

In steps, remove Display Tweaks and then PapyrusUtil to make sure they have no part in what is going on. Without DynDOLOD.esp there is no dynamic LOD anyways.
To make extra sure, also hide Meshes, Textures and the SKSE folder from the DynDOLOD output. Remove DynDOLOD Resources SE and then TexGen Output as well. 

We assume none of that made a difference, so far.

That should leave  you with the game, SKSE, the preloader part2 for Engine Fixes (which I assume is d3dx9_42.dll, tbb.dll, tbbmalloc.dll), Engine Fixes DLL and DynDOLOD.esm.

Upload the EngineFixes.toml

Consider moving MO2 out of Steam and game folders.

Okay so first test I removed Display Tweaks and PapyrusUtil and still stuttered. Next I removed DynDOLOD Resources SE and TexGen Output and was not able to complete my test run as I would repeatedly crash outside Whiterun by the bridge going east. I re-enabled those 2 and the crashing went away.

I hid Occlusion.esp and DynDOLOD.esp and I still stuttered. I hid the SKSE folder in DynDOLOD_Output and I stuttered. I then did textures followed by meshes leaving only DynDOLOD.esm and I still had that stutter. And like you said, that left me with SKSE, d3dx9_42.dll, tbb.dll, tbbmalloc.dll, EngineFixes.dll and DynDOLOD.esm. I tested it again by disabling SSE Engine Fixes and leaving DynDOLOD.esm and I had NO stutter. I then disabled DynDOLOD.esm leaving SSE Engine Fixes and also received NO stutter. So it still looks like the conflict I am having is between those 2.

I also moved MO2 out of my Skyrim folder into its own folder and still received the stutter as well.

Here is my EngineFixes.toml and also my DynDOLOD.esm if this helps.

1 hour ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Okay so first test I removed Display Tweaks and PapyrusUtil and still stuttered. Next I removed DynDOLOD Resources SE and TexGen Output and was not able to complete my test run as I would repeatedly crash outside Whiterun by the bridge going east. I re-enabled those 2 and the crashing went away.

I hid Occlusion.esp and DynDOLOD.esp and I still stuttered. I hid the SKSE folder in DynDOLOD_Output and I stuttered. I then did textures followed by meshes leaving only DynDOLOD.esm and I still had that stutter. And like you said, that left me with SKSE, d3dx9_42.dll, tbb.dll, tbbmalloc.dll, EngineFixes.dll and DynDOLOD.esm. I tested it again by disabling SSE Engine Fixes and leaving DynDOLOD.esm and I had NO stutter. I then disabled DynDOLOD.esm leaving SSE Engine Fixes and also received NO stutter. So it still looks like the conflict I am having is between those 2.

I also moved MO2 out of my Skyrim folder into its own folder and still received the stutter as well.

Here is my EngineFixes.toml and also my DynDOLOD.esm if this helps.

Uh, I was assuming DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion were already disabled.
Disable TexGen output, then DynDOLOD Resources SE, step by step to see what happens.

The EngineFixes.toml link is incomplete.

28 minutes ago, sheson said:

Uh, I was assuming DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion were already disabled.
Disable TexGen output, then DynDOLOD Resources SE, step by step to see what happens.

The EngineFixes.toml link is incomplete.

Sorry about that. Not sure what happened. Here is the fixed link. And yes you are correct DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion were already disabled. I will try again and update my post with the results