DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 167

sheson

25 minutes ago, Blackread said:

I noticed a couple LOD related issues in my game again.

The first one is that LOD for the Winterhold College tower is flickering in and out of existence. You should see it next to the mountain on the right side.

To my eyes it looks like it could be occlusion not fully working as intended. Looking at the footage I also noticed there's something strange happening with the horizon line on the left. There's also a hole in the sea LOD that appears and disappears as you move around, this is just outside the main gate of Winterhold:

riHqetf.png

R3ytRPG.png

Not sure if these are related though.

The second is that there's a building in the middle of Winterhold that's not supposed the be there.

fANMqF8.png

The reference 62eb6 is overwritten by The Great City of Winterhold v4.esp which makes it into a UDR, and then DynDOLOD.esm which swaps it with the fix activator. The base 9307d is last (and only) overwritten by Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp changing the directional material, as reported by console. Just as with moved large references I reported some months ago (which, as it happens, this also is), you need to approach the city from afar by foot to see the building. COCing or fast traveling straight inside it's not there.

Looking at the logs it looks like the reference for the inn is not reported as being a moved large reference, so that could be the reason for this happening.

Video shows wrong occlusion data. https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Rectangular holes in LOD"
Generate occlusion for that load order. Make sure the Occlusion.esp is not being overwritten. Make sure there is no ESL flagged plugin with invalid object IDs added afterwards.

If that building is supposed to be "deleted" it should have a z of -30,000 and thus be far underground?
More Informative Console says the last plugin to change the reference is Skyrim and not DynDOLOD.esp (or The Great City of Winterhold v4.esp).

1 minute ago, sheson said:

Video shows wrong occlusion data. https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Rectangular holes in LOD"
Generate occlusion for that load order.

If that building is supposed to be "deleted" it should have a z of -30,000 and thus be far underground?

The Occlusion.esp is from the same generation as the rest of the LOD. But I noticed that I forgot to set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD to 1 when I last updated DynDOLOD, so I corrected that and regenerated occlusion, which fixed the issue.

Yes, the building would be (and is) far underground. But as I explained in my post about moved large references which used Cities of the North - Falkreath as the test setup, it doesn't matter where the large ref is moved or how the record is altered (base object swapped or anything), if the ref is moved outside the original cell, it will warp back using the last overwrite that did not move the ref outside its original cell, which in this case is Skyrim.esm. Here's my plugin for TGC Winterhold v4 if you want to test it yourself. The original has a z coordinate of around -29600 for this ref, so it probably will register as a moved large reference even if ESM flagged. Obviously I can fix this one manually by moving the ref to its original cell though.

7 hours ago, Blackread said:

The Occlusion.esp is from the same generation as the rest of the LOD. But I noticed that I forgot to set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD to 1 when I last updated DynDOLOD, so I corrected that and regenerated occlusion, which fixed the issue.

Yes, the building would be (and is) far underground. But as I explained in my post about moved large references which used Cities of the North - Falkreath as the test setup, it doesn't matter where the large ref is moved or how the record is altered (base object swapped or anything), if the ref is moved outside the original cell, it will warp back using the last overwrite that did not move the ref outside its original cell, which in this case is Skyrim.esm. Here's my plugin for TGC Winterhold v4 if you want to test it yourself. The original has a z coordinate of around -29600 for this ref, so it probably will register as a moved large reference even if ESM flagged. Obviously I can fix this one manually by moving the ref to its original cell though.

The number of threads to read BTO files does not change their heights or the occlusion calculations once the height data has been gathered.

An UDR should have a z of exactly -30000. Always interesting in how many ways conventions can be accidentally circumvented.

So, this test version https://mega.nz/file/NFhA0BjL#UuCNkT1WUX-yKyJMBvzonMh-SjfANS5cxlHNtK6IXZk looks at XESP opposite player only and will set the original x, y from the master and z to -30000 when it "fixes" what seems to be an UDR large reference in an ESM.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

The number of threads to read BTO files does not change their heights or the occlusion calculations once the height data has been gathered.

An UDR should have a z of exactly -30000. Always interesting in how many ways conventions can be accidentally circumvented.

So, this test version https://mega.nz/file/NFhA0BjL#UuCNkT1WUX-yKyJMBvzonMh-SjfANS5cxlHNtK6IXZk looks at XESP opposite player only and will set the original x, y from the master and z to -30000 when it "fixes" what seems to be an UDR large reference in an ESM.

Thinking back on the occlusion issue, it's possible the plugins were in the wrong order, with DynDOLOD.esp overwriting Occlusion.esp. I didn't check it, so can't know for sure, but sounds like a plausible explanation to me.

Setting the original x and y coordinates works well, thank you. No rogue buildings in Winterhold anymore either.

nEOX9mN.png

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Alpha 102. TexGen runs fine, but I cant seem to get dyndolod to work.

What happens is after I start the lod generation the elapsed time on the top of the message window goes up to around 26 seconds then stops. A few more messeges/warnings appear but it doesn't seem to do anything anymore. CPU utilization is at 0% but Windows runs extremly slow while its still open. After closing the window I get a Bugreport.txt and my system returns to normal speed but there is also no output generated at all.

I tried quite a few times and it seemed to work twice, but both times after about 30 minutes Windows just froze and didn't respond anymore so I had to hit the reset button. However it generated an output those times. I can't replicate that tho.

All 3 Log files are in the attached zip file

Dyndolod Logs.7z

24 minutes ago, Tigornmagnus said:

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Alpha 102. TexGen runs fine, but I cant seem to get dyndolod to work.

What happens is after I start the lod generation the elapsed time on the top of the message window goes up to around 26 seconds then stops. A few more messeges/warnings appear but it doesn't seem to do anything anymore. CPU utilization is at 0% but Windows runs extremly slow while its still open. After closing the window I get a Bugreport.txt and my system returns to normal speed but there is also no output generated at all.

I tried quite a few times and it seemed to work twice, but both times after about 30 minutes Windows just froze and didn't respond anymore so I had to hit the reset button. However it generated an output those times. I can't replicate that tho.

All 3 Log files are in the attached zip file

Dyndolod Logs.7z 1.85 MB · 0 downloads

Test with this version https://mega.nz/file/NFhA0BjL#UuCNkT1WUX-yKyJMBvzonMh-SjfANS5cxlHNtK6IXZk

Generate all required/desired billboards with TexGen before running DynDOLOD. Remove/hide 3rd party billboards from mods. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards#3rd-Party-LOD-Billboards

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Test with this version https://mega.nz/file/NFhA0BjL#UuCNkT1WUX-yKyJMBvzonMh-SjfANS5cxlHNtK6IXZk

Generate all required/desired billboards with TexGen before running DynDOLOD. Remove/hide 3rd party billboards from mods. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards#3rd-Party-LOD-Billboards

I checked and made sure there were no 3rd party billboards installed and reran TexGen which gave a few errors about files it couldn't find from arnima.esm but finished successfully like before.

Tried it with this version however the end result was the same. There where more messages showing but Windows slowed down and there was no CPU utilization or output after letting it run for around 30 minutes with only Tamriel selected.

All logs I have from both TexGen and Dyndolod are in the zip

Logs a103.7z

16 hours ago, Tigornmagnus said:

I checked and made sure there were no 3rd party billboards installed and reran TexGen which gave a few errors about files it couldn't find from arnima.esm but finished successfully like before.

Tried it with this version however the end result was the same. There where more messages showing but Windows slowed down and there was no CPU utilization or output after letting it run for around 30 minutes with only Tamriel selected.

All logs I have from both TexGen and Dyndolod are in the zip

Logs a103.7z 2.38 MB · 1 download

in case you have crapware installed in addition to graphics drivers, try without it, to see if things go faster. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-102/page/187/#comment-254612 and https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size"

Try this test version https://mega.nz/file/YEJ2jRTC#Y9-R8TIr93UHqcTqnC4rwANPg5eqOYN8EwciWNRMYcM

Check if textures\true forest\alnus\new\stitch_8(2)_n.dds is valid texture that can be opened in an image viewer (make sure it supports BC7)

6 hours ago, sheson said:

in case you have crapware installed in addition to graphics drivers, try without it, to see if things go faster. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-102/page/187/#comment-254612 and https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size"

Try this test version https://mega.nz/file/YEJ2jRTC#Y9-R8TIr93UHqcTqnC4rwANPg5eqOYN8EwciWNRMYcM

Check if textures\true forest\alnus\new\stitch_8(2)_n.dds is valid texture that can be opened in an image viewer (make sure it supports BC7)

Thank you, I couldn't open the texture because I didn't find a texture viewer which supports it but after reinstalling my driver without the software and using this test version it did work and generated an output and in game the new lods do show up.

I was building LOD this week and it came to my attention that Glenmoril, once installed, causes a issue with mountain statics. These statics are removed from the LOD during building with Dyndolod, resulting in naked heightmap appearing where mountain pieces should be. 
Glenmoril plugins does not need to be ticked for this to happen, as the LOD being built was for Skyrim (named Tamriel in the CK). The issue is related to the /lod/ folders inside the Glenmoril package. Once the package is uninstalled (through a mod manager) and a new LOD is built, the issue goes away. 
A copy of this report is being posted in the Glenmoril bug report page at the Nexus. 

[00:00:43.582]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountainpeak02_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainPeak02_Blackreach[STAT:000487E7] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.596]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountainpeak01_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainPeak01_Blackreach[STAT:000487E8] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.622]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliffsm01_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliffSm01_Blackreach[STAT:000CC765] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.645]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliff01_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliff01_Blackreach[STAT:000487E9] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.724]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliff02_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliff02_Blackreach[STAT:000487EA] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.760]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliff03_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliff03_Blackreach[STAT:000487EB] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.769]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliff04_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliff04_Blackreach[STAT:000487EC] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.842]           Missing textures in "meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliffsm01_lod_0l.nif""textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliffSm01 [STAT:00050385]in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:43.855]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountainridge01_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainRidge01_LightSN[STAT:0005055C] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:44.327]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliffsm01_lod_0h.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliffSm01_HeavySN[STAT:00050DC0] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:44.361]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliffsm01_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliffSm01_LightSN[STAT:00050DC1] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:44.395]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtwet\mountaincliff04_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01wet.dds"   - ignoring MountainCliff04_SparseSN[STAT:0006E1E9] in Skyrim.esm
[00:00:44.497]   Ignoring DynDOLOD.esm
[00:00:44.951]           Missing textures in"meshes\lod\revenant\mtrock\mountaintrimslab_lod_0l.nif"
"textures\landscape\revenant\mountains\rock01.dds"   - ignoring DLC2MountainTrimSlab_Ash[STAT:04017EA7] in Dragonborn.esm

2 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I was building LOD this week and it came to my attention that Glenmoril, once installed, causes a issue with mountain statics. These statics are removed from the LOD during building with Dyndolod, resulting in naked heightmap appearing where mountain pieces should be. 
Glenmoril plugins does not need to be ticked for this to happen, as the LOD being built was for Skyrim (named Tamriel in the CK). The issue is related to the /lod/ folders inside the Glenmoril package. Once the package is uninstalled (through a mod manager) and a new LOD is built, the issue goes away. 
A copy of this report is being posted in the Glenmoril bug report page at the Nexus. 

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Just in case you are not using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha - please use that version instead.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

Provide a link to the mod.

It seems the mod does not adhere to the Bethesda filename convention that there should never be different files with identical filenames in the load order (probably causing filename collisions). It also seems that the mod is not providing required textures.

For a test, remove the listed LOD meshes only from the load order. DynDOLOD 3 Alpha can often create texture replacements for LOD models on the fly based on the full model texture replacement - let me know if that works. Still pay attention to log messages about missing textures, though. They obviously need to be solved if those textures are needed...

Hi Sheson and all! 

So I'm having an issue no matter what I do and I've tried many things found on this forum as well as good old google. Anyway, I have the Gog version of Skyrim (installed via offline installer if that matters) and it's throwing the "Registry key not found" error at me. Out of curiosity I dove into my registry and found that GOG uses a different reg location to store the key, thus preventing me from actually using the program. I tried creating a "dummy" entry but then it reminds me that an installation path is lacking. 

tl;dr Is it possible for the end user to change what registry location the program looks for in order to use this wonderful tool?

Sorry if this is already answered in a previous post, I did take a quick look and did see mention of the GOG version and redirecting the tool to look for ini files/directories/plugin locations and refreshing ini files, but either I'm an idiot and can't follow directions well or MO2 isn't playing nice.

Thanks in advance

gogregedit.png

Hello, 

I notice Texgen now creates a mountainslabHQlod.dds and matching normal based on your mountainslab texture.  With Majestic Mountains though it has an abundance of LOD specific textures beyond mountainslabHQlod.dds ... will this create miss matching if I am using an MM texture replacer without full lod support built into it?

4 hours ago, tat2teel said:

Hi Sheson and all! 

So I'm having an issue no matter what I do and I've tried many things found on this forum as well as good old google. Anyway, I have the Gog version of Skyrim (installed via offline installer if that matters) and it's throwing the "Registry key not found" error at me. Out of curiosity I dove into my registry and found that GOG uses a different reg location to store the key, thus preventing me from actually using the program. I tried creating a "dummy" entry but then it reminds me that an installation path is lacking. 

tl;dr Is it possible for the end user to change what registry location the program looks for in order to use this wonderful tool?

Sorry if this is already answered in a previous post, I did take a quick look and did see mention of the GOG version and redirecting the tool to look for ini files/directories/plugin locations and refreshing ini files, but either I'm an idiot and can't follow directions well or MO2 isn't playing nice.

Thanks in advance

Use the command line arguments as explained at https://dyndolod.info#Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG or https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG

4 hours ago, Soulmancer said:

Hello, 

I notice Texgen now creates a mountainslabHQlod.dds and matching normal based on your mountainslab texture.  With Majestic Mountains though it has an abundance of LOD specific textures beyond mountainslabHQlod.dds ... will this create miss matching if I am using an MM texture replacer without full lod support built into it?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Rendered-Object-LOD-Textures
Note that the list of rendered object LOD textures is not covering all vanilla rendered object LOD textures. It can update the rendered object LOD textures for the walled cities and most structures. However, far away mountains, icebergs and glaciers are not yet covered. If a mod makes changes to these relevant full textures, it should also include updated pre-rendered object LOD textures.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Rendered-Object-LOD-Textures
Note that the list of rendered object LOD textures is not covering all vanilla rendered object LOD textures. It can update the rendered object LOD textures for the walled cities and most structures. However, far away mountains, icebergs and glaciers are not yet covered. If a mod makes changes to these relevant full textures, it should also include updated pre-rendered object LOD textures.

Hi Sheson, I do know this.  But up until recently the mountainslabHQlod.dds was never generated by TexGen.  A recent update seems to have changed that and just curious if this has any bearing on your quote above. The generated mountainslabHQlod.dds will also override/override the mountainslabHQlod.dds included in the Majestic Mountain Dyndolod 3.0 package as it creates itself based on whatever mountainslab01 or 02 texture you have installed.