DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

6 minutes ago, Tazke said:

Sorry about that, there was no bugreport.txt file but here is the debug log: https://pastebin.com/Q4fRdzDW.

The debug is replaced every time the tool is started. The debug log you uploaded shows DynDOLOD being started and existed right away.

Run the tool again and close it normally once the issue occurs so it can save a new debug log. Upload that.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

The debug is replaced every time the tool is started. The debug log you uploaded shows DynDOLOD being started and existed right away.

Run the tool again and close it normally once the issue occurs so it can save a new debug log. Upload that.

Well DynDOLOD managed to make it further this time, but did eventually hang at '[JaphetsFollyWorld] Creating texture atlas'.

The Debug_log file is huge though. 694755 lines and 142mb in size. Is there any specific part of it I can cut out?

35 minutes ago, Tazke said:

Well DynDOLOD managed to make it further this time, but did eventually hang at '[JaphetsFollyWorld] Creating texture atlas'.

The Debug_log file is huge though. 694755 lines and 142mb in size. Is there any specific part of it I can cut out?

As explained on the first post and https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs, zip the entire log and upload it to a file service.

13 minutes ago, Tazke said:

Thanks for the help. Both log.txt and debug_log.txt files uploaded here: https://ufile.io/9tkr808d.

Terminate all crapware that is installed with the AMD driver or install the graphics driver.

Test with RenderSingle=1 added under [DynDOLOD] in C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini
The debug log shows it is set to 0 / false, which is the default, for example if the setting does not exist.

If it still gets stuck upload new logs.

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

Terminate all crapware that is installed with the AMD driver or install the graphics driver.

Test with RenderSingle=1 added under [DynDOLOD] in C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini
The debug log shows it is set to 0 / false, which is the default, for example if the setting does not exist.

If it still gets stuck upload new logs.

It's worked this time, thanks very much.

I had RenderSingle=1 in the wrong place within the INI file. I'm glad it was something so simple, and thank you for your time in helping.

Got a bug for the first time since using dyndolod where texgen simply refuses to continue. There's no errors that I can see, no freezing; it just stops. I have to exit from the texgen window so it generates a log then I have to exit texgen through killing the process in taskmanager so it unlocks my MO2 window.

https://ufile.io/0s3aike1 here are my logs from the latest run. Keep in mind I messed up making a new steam library for skyrim so now it runs from "D:\skyrimSE" which is annoyingly enough where like 5 other games are installed and I haven't bothered trying to fix it. I'm running 1.5.97 with the latest dyndolod files.

At first, texgen would simply hang on the file sstonebase01lod.dds and would not progress. I tried removing all related textures from my game, disabling the lod texture from mo2's data folder, reinstalling mods/skyrim/dyndolod/xedit all to no avail. I tried disabling my antiviruses, to no avail. Restarting my pc didn't work either. 

Then I found a post in this forum suggesting adding Locktexconv=1 to the relevant inis. I tried this, and it stopped getting stuck. Now it was sticking on random nifs while generating billboards. Again; no errors. Reinstalling relevant mods didn't help. I tried everything until I eventually tried making texgen run as administrator. It didn't work, so I turned off run as admin. Now it was working; but instead of getting stuck on sstonebase01lod.dds, it was sticking on the file directly beneath that one; cratewood02weatheredlod.dds

I reinstalled my game again, restarted my pc, reinstalled dyndolod and all relevant files and now I'm back to sstonebase01lod.dds freezes. Myself and several people in a discord server have been trying to figure this out and nothing seems to be working. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I keep getting this when running through MO2:

TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Installation path not allowed.

[Content]
H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\

Reason: game data: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

It won't give me the option to set a path, and setting a path through MO2's "Modify Executables"  option doesn't work.

I tried moving the folder around, now i get this:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]

[Content]
H:\DynDOLOD\

Reason: mod organizer meta.ini.

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]

Clicking that link doesn't give me any information about the meta.ini file.  I removed it, but it still giving me that message.  Been messing with this for hours and i'm getting really aggravated with the whole thing.

Edited by Tourist

Hello Sheson,

I am once again experiencing some issues with stuck glow LOD (I think). This time it's with the lanterns outside Better Tel Mithryn. Imgur Gallery

When inspecting the LOD I started a new game with Alternate Perspective and spawned in the Retching Netch. Then I exited the bar, waited for DynDOLOD to initialize and took the ferry to Tel Mithryn.

Here are the EditorIDs for the glow statics I could find:
telmithrynesp_040FF0_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FED_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_03E10C_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FF2_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_078BF5_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FF3_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FF4_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD

Logs for the LOD generation

6 hours ago, pentapox said:

Got a bug for the first time since using dyndolod where texgen simply refuses to continue. There's no errors that I can see, no freezing; it just stops. I have to exit from the texgen window so it generates a log then I have to exit texgen through killing the process in taskmanager so it unlocks my MO2 window.

https://ufile.io/0s3aike1 here are my logs from the latest run. Keep in mind I messed up making a new steam library for skyrim so now it runs from "D:\skyrimSE" which is annoyingly enough where like 5 other games are installed and I haven't bothered trying to fix it. I'm running 1.5.97 with the latest dyndolod files.

At first, texgen would simply hang on the file sstonebase01lod.dds and would not progress. I tried removing all related textures from my game, disabling the lod texture from mo2's data folder, reinstalling mods/skyrim/dyndolod/xedit all to no avail. I tried disabling my antiviruses, to no avail. Restarting my pc didn't work either.

Then I found a post in this forum suggesting adding Locktexconv=1 to the relevant inis. I tried this, and it stopped getting stuck. Now it was sticking on random nifs while generating billboards. Again; no errors. Reinstalling relevant mods didn't help. I tried everything until I eventually tried making texgen run as administrator. It didn't work, so I turned off run as admin. Now it was working; but instead of getting stuck on sstonebase01lod.dds, it was sticking on the file directly beneath that one; cratewood02weatheredlod.dds

I reinstalled my game again, restarted my pc, reinstalled dyndolod and all relevant files and now I'm back to sstonebase01lod.dds freezes. Myself and several people in a discord server have been trying to figure this out and nothing seems to be working. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

The debug log you uploaded shows that LockTexconv is set to 0 / default.

Add RenderSingle=1 under [TexGen] in D:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.ini and check if it makes a difference.

If not, check in task manager if there are Texconv processes TexGen might be waiting for. In that case add LockTexonv=1.

If problem persists upload new log and debug.

6 hours ago, Tourist said:

I keep getting this when running through MO2:

TexGen

[Main Instruction]

[Content]
H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\

Reason: game data: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]

It won't give me the option to set a path, and setting a path through MO2's "Modify Executables"  option doesn't work.

I tried moving the folder around, now i get this:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]

[Content]
H:\DynDOLOD\

Reason: mod organizer meta.ini.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]

Clicking that link doesn't give me any information about the meta.ini file.  I removed it, but it still giving me that message.  Been messing with this for hours and i'm getting really aggravated with the whole thing.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

Delete the H:\DynDOLOD\ folder and follow the installation instructions.

https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.
Refer to the manual of the mod manager how to add the DynDOLOD/TexGen executables, for example Mod Organizer

5 hours ago, Blackread said:

Hello Sheson,

I am once again experiencing some issues with stuck glow LOD (I think). This time it's with the lanterns outside Better Tel Mithryn. Imgur Gallery

When inspecting the LOD I started a new game with Alternate Perspective and spawned in the Retching Netch. Then I exited the bar, waited for DynDOLOD to initialize and took the ferry to Tel Mithryn.

Here are the EditorIDs for the glow statics I could find:
telmithrynesp_040FF0_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FED_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_03E10C_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FF2_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_078BF5_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FF3_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD
telmithrynesp_040FF4_DLC2SolstheimWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD

Logs for the LOD generation

The link for the logs is incorrect. Let me know where to find the logs.

I had no issues adding the exe to Mo2, I've done that multiple times over the years. 

What tripped me up was not being able to install it in Mo2 like everything else, and then not being able to even install it pretty much anywhere else

I did finally get it to work by removing the Mo2 meta.ini that I kept dragging along to every place that I tried to run the texgen exe from.  

I have never had a game mod that was so picky about where it could be used from.

31 minutes ago, Tourist said:

I had no issues adding the exe to Mo2, I've done that multiple times over the years. 

What tripped me up was not being able to install it in Mo2 like everything else, and then not being able to even install it pretty much anywhere else

I did finally get it to work by removing the Mo2 meta.ini that I kept dragging along to every place that I tried to run the texgen exe from.  

I have never had a game mod that was so picky about where it could be used from.

Doing some simple checkings for known issues saves time for everybody. The tools protect users that are not reading or following instructions from doing mistakes that are known to cause problems.