DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 167

sheson

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Just listing the form ids of mountain/rock references that have no representation in the Solitude child worldspace works, too.

These are the mountain ids that I have in the patch I've been loading after Dyndolod.esm that fixes the issue for me..I haven't noticed any other problem peaks.

00058823, 00058826, 00058827, 00058828, & 000688CB

1 hour ago, MisterMorden said:

These are the mountain ids that I have in the patch I've been loading after Dyndolod.esm that fixes the issue for me..I haven't noticed any other problem peaks.

00058823, 00058826, 00058827, 00058828, & 000688CB

The unofficial patch already covers some of those. However, they are not added as large references - probably also because those were done in Skyrim long before Special Edition came out - so they unload too early if large references are active in child worlds. In case of cell -17,28 the additions actually prevent automatic copying of large references into the child world cell since it is not empty anymore. I will probably undo everything the unofficial patch does in those cells just outside the walls, so that as much as possible is done automatically based on the references found in the Tamriel worldspace. Hopefully, that will have best compatibility with other mods making modifications to those areas. We'll see...

• Thanks 1

How important are the cell editor IDs for DynDOLOD to function? I've been using this Synthesis patcher https://github.com/Deigue/CellEditorIDFixer and I recently noticed that it's also removing underscores from the editor IDs of some cells generated by DynDOLOD.

I also have another unrelated question: is swapping large references with Base Object Swapper supported?

Edited by Blackread

7 minutes ago, Blackread said:

How important are the cell editor IDs for DynDOLOD to function? I've been using this Synthesis patcher https://github.com/Deigue/CellEditorIDFixer and I recently noticed that it's also removing underscores from the editor IDs of some cells generated by DynDOLOD.

I also have another unrelated question: is swapping large references with Base Object Swapper supported?

Cell EditorIDs are not used in the game by DynDOLOD. They are used while the plugins are generated or updated.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions
Typically create all other patches first. Especially all patches affecting exterior worldspaces in any way should be done before generating LOD.

In case there is a reason to change the EditorID, consider this common sense explanation:
https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors (that would include patch developers)
Remember, DynDOLOD is a patcher to automatically generate a LOD patch. The LOD patch it generates is not supposed to require patching itself.
Reach out and describe the problem or issue with as much information as possible in order to discuss and to address it one way or the other.

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Base-Object-Swapper
Swapping typically works for large references, too. Large reference bugs are triggered if the new base record type is changed from STAT or MSTT (a warning message Base Record Type Not STAT or MSTT For Large Reference is written to the message log - the large reference bugs workarounds fix this) or in case the volume of the objects bounds of the new base record is smaller than the required minimum (this is automatically fixed by DynDOLOD).

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References
The base record not being of the type STAT or MSTT. For example if the base record is changed by a plugin or base object swapper for a large reference, even if the plugin is an ESM. A warning message Base Record Type Not STAT or MSTT For Large Reference is written to the message log.

Is anyone else getting stuck in texgen64?  It keeps stopping at imperialfortlod.dds every time.  It used to take maybe 5 or 10 minutes but now it gets to that exact point and never moves on.  I found a post online that suggested rolling my nvidia driver back and setting RenderThreads=1  in texgensse.ini but still no joy.  No error messages or anything it just gets to that point and never gets past it.  Any ideas?  I already have texgen64 and dyndolod64 set to run as admin.  Cpu is at 1% and memory is at 47%. Thanks!

Forgot to mention I was using the latest dyndolod/texgen3.0 128 with skyrim 1.6.64.  I also used dydndolod dll se and dyndolod skse64 plugin loaded after dyndolod resources 3.

Edited by Poncington

On 6/15/2023 at 1:07 AM, Roastlawyer said:

When I tried it again just now it worked, but if it happens again I'll be back with the log

Well, not exactly the same as before when it was freezing at generating at Tamriel, but I'm getting an issue with similar effect where generation completely freezes and CPU usage drops to zero. So far it's been frozen for 15 minutes or so without doing anything. The realtime log you had me enable last time I had an issue also stopped being updated when It froze. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tUjYNaETcLsX4LjJH9aFQNFAB1ZDbOok/view?usp=drive_link Link to log

Later edit: It happened on my next try as well, here is the log from that second time https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aotQ77s_BhUu2Do8e-WAOY-mPSh7laXn/view?usp=drive_link

Edited by Roastlawyer

3 hours ago, Poncington said:

Is anyone else getting stuck in texgen64?  It keeps stopping at imperialfortlod.dds every time.  It used to take maybe 5 or 10 minutes but now it gets to that exact point and never moves on.  I found a post online that suggested rolling my nvidia driver back and setting RenderThreads=1  in texgensse.ini but still no joy.  No error messages or anything it just gets to that point and never gets past it.  Any ideas?  I already have texgen64 and dyndolod64 set to run as admin.  Cpu is at 1% and memory is at 47%. Thanks!

Forgot to mention I was using the latest dyndolod/texgen3.0 128 with skyrim 1.6.64.  I also used dydndolod dll se and dyndolod skse64 plugin loaded after dyndolod resources 3.

Read the first post or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log, debug log and bugrepost.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

TexGen is probably waiting for a TexConv process to finish.

Add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] in B:\Mods\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and see if that changes anything.
It helped users with the same problem a couple pages back where TexGen seems to be stuck or stopped.

11 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

Well, not exactly the same as before when it was freezing at generating at Tamriel, but I'm getting an issue with similar effect where generation completely freezes and CPU usage drops to zero. So far it's been frozen for 15 minutes or so without doing anything. The realtime log you had me enable last time I had an issue also stopped being updated when It froze. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tUjYNaETcLsX4LjJH9aFQNFAB1ZDbOok/view?usp=drive_link Link to log

When you close the tool via X top right it should also just save the log and debug log you could then upload instead.

Check in task manager if there are TexConv processes the tool might be waiting on.

Test with RenderSingle=1 added under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

23 hours ago, sheson said:

When you close the tool via X top right it should also just save the log and debug log you could then upload instead.

Check in task manager if there are TexConv processes the tool might be waiting on.

Test with RenderSingle=1 added under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Yesterday when it was freezing like that, pressing the X in the top right would cause the program to hang, then windows would say dyndolod stopped responding. I click end anyways, the main window would close and then a dyndolod process that could not be killed would hang around in task manager untill the PC was forcably restarted. When that happened the normal log files where not generated which is why you had my enable the realtime one before. Anyways I'll give the RenderSingle=1 line a try.

Alright tried again with the RenderSingle=1 line just below [DynDOLOD] in the _SSE.ini. It hung at [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas. In task manager I couldn't find any TexConv processes. After 25 minutes of DynDOLOD being at 0% cpu usage and no further additionsto the realtime log since it stalled I tried to stop generation. Pressing the X gave me the message about how generation would be incomplete, I accepted and now the dyndolod window is greyed out and the both the window and task manager say it's not responding. Pressing end task in task manager does nothing. Because of this I have no DynDOLOD_SSE__debug_log.txt, bugreport.txt, or DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt.

Here is the realtime log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRTAGWFz2OUqAkvpQROdrmSYT77DmVBJ/view?usp=drive_link

4 hours ago, Roastlawyer said:

Yesterday when it was freezing like that, pressing the X in the top right would cause the program to hang, then windows would say dyndolod stopped responding. I click end anyways, the main window would close and then a dyndolod process that could not be killed would hang around in task manager untill the PC was forcably restarted. When that happened the normal log files where not generated which is why you had my enable the realtime one before. Anyways I'll give the RenderSingle=1 line a try.

Alright tried again with the RenderSingle=1 line just below [DynDOLOD] in the _SSE.ini. It hung at [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas. In task manager I couldn't find any TexConv processes. After 25 minutes of DynDOLOD being at 0% cpu usage and no further additionsto the realtime log since it stalled I tried to stop generation. Pressing the X gave me the message about how generation would be incomplete, I accepted and now the dyndolod window is greyed out and the both the window and task manager say it's not responding. Pressing end task in task manager does nothing. Because of this I have no DynDOLOD_SSE__debug_log.txt, bugreport.txt, or DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt.

Here is the realtime log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRTAGWFz2OUqAkvpQROdrmSYT77DmVBJ/view?usp=drive_link

Install latest graphics driver only. Disable all overclocking etc.

Add TextureCache=10 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Keep an eye on VRAM usage. Close other programs to free up VRAM usage if needed.

If no change, test with AtlasThreads=1 (and RenderSingle=1) added under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

6 hours ago, sheson said:

Install latest graphics driver only. Disable all overclocking etc.

Add TextureCache=10 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Keep an eye on VRAM usage. Close other programs to free up VRAM usage if needed.

If no change, test with AtlasThreads=1 (and RenderSingle=1) added under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Ensured my CPU overclock was disabled (was already running stock) and that MSI afterburner didn't currently have an GPU overclock set (It didn't)

updated Nvidia driver from 528.24 to 336.40  (latest one for 3080)
updated AMD APU Graphics driver from 22.20.27.09 (November 2022) to 22.49.57.05 (June 1 2023) (latest one for Ryzen 5600g)

Ran DynDOLOD (twice because I forgot to watch Vram usage the first time) Both times it got stuck at "[Tamriel] Creating texture atlas E:\Mods\[Bethesda Stuff]\Patchers and Similar Tools (Xedit, Wrye Bash,Loot etc)\DynDOLOD & TexGen\DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 128\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds"
Vram usage never went above 1.6GB out of 10GB
Ram maxed out at 9.6GB used out of 31.8GB

Ran a 3rd time but with

[DynDOLOD]
TextureCache=10
RenderSingle=1

Instead of just RenderSingle=1 set in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

That time it got further, getting to "[06:18] [DLC2SolstheimWorld] Creating texture atlas E:\Mods\[Bethesda Stuff]\Patchers and Similar Tools (Xedit, Wrye Bash,Loot etc)\DynDOLOD & TexGen\DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 128\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Glow.dds 512 x 256" before CPU usage dropped to 0% and Vram usage dropped back to idle levels (0.5GB used)
No real change in amount of Vram or ram used

Ran a 4th time:

[DynDOLOD]
TextureCache=10
RenderSingle=1
AtlasThreads=1

Whoohoo! finally got a complete run. So that's quite nice. Vram usage was pretty much the same. Ram topped out ~13GB when it peaked, most of the time usage was still around 10GB.

Edit: Spelling/formatting

Edited by Roastlawyer

Hi,

I'm trying to run TexGen and DynDOLOD 3 alpha 128 and right now TexGen is crashing when starting to generate texture. The Window event viewer shows

Faulting application name: TexGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.128, time stamp: 0x646a6e33
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 31.0.15.3640, time stamp: 0x6496035a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000155191a
Faulting process id: 0x0x6D08
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9AB821A45779D
Faulting application path: D:\Utilities\DynDOLOD 3\TexGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdsi.inf_amd64_3917166697074d95\nvoglv64.dll
Report Id: 7b4587b6-10c3-4330-a247-78f05062c0ba
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Unfortunately I don't have any logs under TexGen... I have latest drivers for everything, in particular NVidia. I'm running TexGen64 through MO2.

Any idea how could I go about investigating this?

7 hours ago, Holt59 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to run TexGen and DynDOLOD 3 alpha 128 and right now TexGen is crashing when starting to generate texture. The Window event viewer shows

Faulting application name: TexGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.128, time stamp: 0x646a6e33
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 31.0.15.3640, time stamp: 0x6496035a
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdsi.inf_amd64_3917166697074d95\nvoglv64.dll

Unfortunately I don't have any logs under TexGen... I have latest drivers for everything, in particular NVidia. I'm running TexGen64 through MO2.

I'm having the same exact issue running TexGen64: no error logs, creates billboards, app crashes silently when it starts generating textures.  I checked windows event as well, and get the same message.  Running through MO2.  Windows 11, using the latest version of DynDOLOD 3, latest resources, scripts, dll file.

11 hours ago, Holt59 said:

Hi,

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs how to enable the real time log in case the tool is being terminated and can not write its log files.

Use search https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-Searchhttps://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=nvoglv64.dll&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223&updated_after=any&sortby=newest

Add RenderSingle=1 under [TexGen] in D:\Utilities\DynDOLOD 3\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.ini and check if it makes a difference. It helped other people in the past that also had an exception in the NVIDIA driver nvoglv64.dll

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs how to enable the real time log in case the tool is being terminated and can not write its log files.

Use search https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-Searchhttps://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=nvoglv64.dll&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223&updated_after=any&sortby=newest

Add RenderSingle=1 under [TexGen] in D:\Utilities\DynDOLOD 3\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.ini and check if it makes a difference. It helped other people in the past that also had an exception in the NVIDIA driver nvoglv64.dll

Thanks, using `RenderSingle=1` fixed the issue for me.