DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Okay thanks. So I have done three generations now, which went through okay. In this order, merging and overwriting each time:

- All worldspaces - [default, i.e. no seasons]

- Tamriel seasons only (no default) - [AUT, SPR, SUM, WIN]

- All other seasonal worldspaces (in my case this was 4 worldspaces) - [AUT, SPR, SUM, WIN]

I'll let you know how this goes if there are any issues

Edited by bargalarkh

58 minutes ago, Suniasutei said:

Hello,

I am reposting with the requested changes, hopefully I did it all correctly.

The error I am receiving is:

"Installation path not allowed

C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\

Reason game data: C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition"

My mo2 arguments are as follows:

-sse -p:"C:\Users\Mashurai\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\plugins.txt" -m:"C:\Users\Mashurai\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini" -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition" 

logs uploaded below

I read all of the articles including the GOG one and followed all command lines and still couldn't figure out where I went wrong.

I also made sure to install it in a safe location away from any special folders. I created a games folder and installed it into its own modding tools folder.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.12 kB · 0 downloads

Installation path not allowed. C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\ Reason: game data: C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\

Make use of the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" as explained on the first post and at  https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Path-Not-Allowed. The page explains:
Do not install DynDOLOD into special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not into SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders.

Follow the installation instructions at https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions:
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders.

The installation instructions explain to not install DynDOLOD into any game folders. The error message says that DynDOLOD was installed into the game folder: "C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\.." As the linked explanations say, do not install DynDOLOD into any game folder.

Read the page https://dyndolod.info/Help/Command-Line-Argument where/how to properly set the command line arguments. 
The -p command line argument should point to the actual plugins.txt the game reads and which the mod manager maps to whatever profile is active. This would typically be somewhere in C:\Users\.. as shown in the example. on the page. Do not point it to files in a mod manager profile folder.
The -m command line argument should should define the actual folder (not a file) where the game reads the Skyrim, SkyrimPrefs and SkyrimCustom INIs from instead of a specific file. This would typically be somewhere in C:\Users\.. as shown in the example on the page. Do not point it to a folder or file in the mod manager profiles.

Sorted now, I actually had been transferring those lines in the files before but I obviously missed one of the things to transfer. For future reference for anyone reading this, you need to copy over lines that look like these three types:

"5829":"60,Skyrim.esm",

---------------------------

"masters":"5829, ... //you would just copy the numbers to this line

"tamriel":"tamriel",

Thanks for all the help sheson, I really appreciate it!

Hello Sheson,

thanks for the information! I moved dyndolod from skyrim modding tools folder and into it's own area and got it to work, but using the standard skyrim file path didn't load any of my mods. I managed to get it all to work with:

-sse -p:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\plugins.txt" -m:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\" -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\data"

loading my mo2 profile for plugins and ini files completely worked, I guess I am just confused why you shouldn't point it there since mo2 completes a completely separate game in a way. Non the less doing those arguments fixed my issues and I was able to get it all to work as needed.

6 hours ago, Suniasutei said:

Hello Sheson,

thanks for the information! I moved dyndolod from skyrim modding tools folder and into it's own area and got it to work, but using the standard skyrim file path didn't load any of my mods. I managed to get it all to work with:

-sse -p:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\plugins.txt" -m:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\" -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\data"

loading my mo2 profile for plugins and ini files completely worked, I guess I am just confused why you shouldn't point it there since mo2 completes a completely separate game in a way. Non the less doing those arguments fixed my issues and I was able to get it all to work as needed.

Installing mod managers or other tools into the game folder is a typical beginners mistake.

The game and all tools load plugins.txt and the INIs from the c:\users\... standard paths. It always works and is always compatible.
Mod manager/profile folder paths change sooner or later. Use the standard paths instead. The mod manager controls the physical files. The game and everything else uses the virtual/mapped files and their standard paths.

42 minutes ago, FinalCraneFall said:

image.thumb.png.03a0e15d81a7d5e902713e9272bb56cc.pngWhat should I do with Northern Roads bridges? I assume this is not the correct setting. What should I do?
And how can I save my current rules? I want to make a backup.

Report the actual problem as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum
What is the problem about Northern Roads bridges. Which one?

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to provide information about objects in the game.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Mesh-Mask-and-Reference-Rules
Use the Save preset and Load preset buttons to save custom rules for later use.

Moving the conversation here, as it is starting to look like this might indeed be a bug. I reran DynDOLOD with the latest version, and this time the solitude windmill is using the swindmillrotor.nif model as it should. However, the farmhouse windmills are using Farmhousewindmillfan.nif, despite smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif being present during LOD generation.
32vwkN9.png0zTvlPb.pngWIqkTIl.png

I also have some problems with trees. Outside Solitude there are some tree LOD models in a loaded cell. I don't think these trees have an associated full model in that location. In the place of one of these there used to be a tree added by USSEP. I made it into an UDR, and now there's just the LOD model instead.

Qzm0Qcn.pngIYF3mHg.png

If I disable TGC Solitude Fixes.esp, I get this tree on top of the LOD model on the right.

zNGnumk.png

Then there's a bunch of trees near Kynesgrove that behave erratically. In LOD4 they can be seen in the distance. Then when I go closer and the trees enter the large ref grid they disappear. When the cell loads properly they appear again.

aqJv6xd.pngXzGLOm8.pngDraXfsd.png

m8eXAc1.pngOx7n1up.pngcf3TKgy.png

I am using large trees as large refs - which btw is a fantastic feature, thank you very much for adding it. Here are the logs as usual. I also checked Papyrus logs, but there were no DynDOLOD related errors or warnings.

Edit: My uGridsToLoad is 5 and uLargeRefLODGridSize is 9. If disabling large refs by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5 the trees at Kynesgrove no longer disappear. I'm using the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts large ref workarounds.

Edited by Blackread
additional information

33 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Moving the conversation here, as it is starting to look like this might indeed be a bug. I reran DynDOLOD with the latest version, and this time the solitude windmill is using the swindmillrotor.nif model as it should. However, the farmhouse windmills are using Farmhousewindmillfan.nif, despite smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif being present during LOD generation.
32vwkN9.png0zTvlPb.pngWIqkTIl.png

I also have some problems with trees. Outside Solitude there are some tree LOD models in a loaded cell. I don't think these trees have an associated full model in that location. In the place of one of these there used to be a tree added by USSEP. I made it into an UDR, and now there's just the LOD model instead.

Qzm0Qcn.pngIYF3mHg.png

If I disable TGC Solitude Fixes.esp, I get this tree on top of the LOD model on the right.

zNGnumk.png

Then there's a bunch of trees near Kynesgrove that behave erratically. In LOD4 they can be seen in the distance. Then when I go closer and the trees enter the large ref grid they disappear. When the cell loads properly they appear again.

aqJv6xd.pngXzGLOm8.pngDraXfsd.png

m8eXAc1.pngOx7n1up.pngcf3TKgy.png

I am using large trees as large refs - which btw is a fantastic feature, thank you very much for adding it. Here are the logs as usual. I also checked Papyrus logs, but there were no DynDOLOD related errors or warnings.

If making screenshots of records in xEdit best to not hide no conflict/empty rows if there are plugins overwriting.

So the SMIM DynDOLOD install option is still working for the Solitude rotor as it is supposed to. Great.

Can you check if the full path of the second screenshot is architecture\farmhouse\farmhousewindmill\farmhousewindmillfan.nif?
Are the files shown in the third screenshot identical - same CRC32?

LOD is typically added for full model references that exist (and are not permanently disabled through player) with the exact same position and rotation of the winning record at generation time. See if you can find the form id in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

Can you look up the tree form id form the last screenshot in xEdit 0x98EA7 if any other plugin is overwriting it before the DynDOLOD plugin?
I think the trees are being moved to a different cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp and should thus not be made large references in this case. That will be fixed in the next alpha version.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

If making screenshots of records in xEdit best to not hide no conflict/empty rows if there are plugins overwriting.

So the SMIM DynDOLOD install option is still working for the Solitude rotor as it is supposed to. Great.

Can you check if the full path of the second screenshot is architecture\farmhouse\farmhousewindmill\farmhousewindmillfan.nif?
Are the files shown in the third screenshot identical - same CRC32?

LOD is typically added for full model references that exist (and are not permanently disabled through player) with the exact same position and rotation of the winning record at generation time. See if you can find the form id in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

Can you look up the tree form id form the last screenshot in xEdit 0x98EA7 if any other plugin is overwriting it before the DynDOLOD plugin?
I think the trees are being moved to a different cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp and should thus not be made large references in this case. That will be fixed in the next alpha version.

Yes, that is the full path of the windmill fan mesh.

Here are the CRC 32s for the meshes:

CRC32             Size  Name
-------- -------------  ------------
84C846CE        349922  farmhousewindmillfan.nif
26C45CC6        349922  farmhousewindmillfan02.nif
23C240AD        349922  smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif

I wasn't able to find any of the form IDs related to that particular tree outside Solitude in that txt file.

All three of the Kynesgrove trees screenshotted were moved to another cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp, as you suspected.

Just realised something related to the lod-looking tree models outside Solitude: I used Billboard4 for LOD4 and LOD8, Billboard1 for LOD16 and Billboard6 for LOD32, so I shouldn't even have any of the hybrid tree models with 3D branches in my game.

Edited by Blackread

6 hours ago, Blackread said:

Yes, that is the full path of the windmill fan mesh.

Here are the CRC 32s for the meshes:

CRC32             Size  Name
-------- -------------  ------------
84C846CE        349922  farmhousewindmillfan.nif
26C45CC6        349922  farmhousewindmillfan02.nif
23C240AD        349922  smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif

I wasn't able to find any of the form IDs related to that particular tree outside Solitude in that txt file.

All three of the Kynesgrove trees screenshotted were moved to another cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp, as you suspected.

Just realised something related to the lod-looking tree models outside Solitude: I used Billboard4 for LOD4 and LOD8, Billboard1 for LOD16 and Billboard6 for LOD32, so I shouldn't even have any of the hybrid tree models with 3D branches in my game.

I will check what is going on with the the smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif.

Check if the tree outside Solitude is LOD by toggling LOD off/on with tll.

If it is LOD, see if you can find a line for it in the LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt based on the position values. 

A Chinese player encountered visual oddities as shown in the picture after generating DynDOLOD. Tree LODs and Grass LODs are completely gone (among other less obvious visual problems), but the generated bto files do have tree/grass billboard meshes in them. The object LOD atlas also contains tree/grass billboard textures. So what else can cause this kind of problem?

(I don't have their log files right now because they were overwritten by aborted attempts, I could ask them to redo a complete generation and provide the logs sometime later but right now I just want some pointers, sorry)

dd66d4c451da81cb0dc95e031766d016082431dd1.thumb.jpg.0fabc0e1d1f2d6401bdbc227e8d28fa7.jpg

2 hours ago, heheloveer said:

A Chinese player encountered visual oddities as shown in the picture after generating DynDOLOD. Tree LODs and Grass LODs are completely gone (among other less obvious visual problems), but the generated bto files do have tree/grass billboard meshes in them. The object LOD atlas also contains tree/grass billboard textures. So what else can cause this kind of problem?

(I don't have their log files right now because they were overwritten by aborted attempts, I could ask them to redo a complete generation and provide the logs sometime later but right now I just want some pointers, sorry)

dd66d4c451da81cb0dc95e031766d016082431dd1.thumb.jpg.0fabc0e1d1f2d6401bdbc227e8d28fa7.jpg

Increase object LOD (and tree LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu

Otherwise see https://dyndolod.info/FAQ