DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

It is kinda nice to come here with no problem in hand. This is just a short thank you.

Grass LOD is, for the first time ever for me, working exactly as intended.

This is very cool and is clearly a result of your phenomenal work on these tools.

So... thanks!

489830_20230308221714_1.thumb.png.2ba8b4e8ca8592479dae5eb2c40c18b6.png

Edited by Mephitic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mephitic said:

It is kinda nice to come here with no problem in hand. This is just a short thank you.

This is very cool and is clearly a result of your phenomenal work on these tools.

So... thanks!

You are welcome. Enjoy.

4 hours ago, Mephitic said:

So... thanks!

Now use ENB with complex grass and see how well that lod grass will fit lol during all times of day and weather. You will come back here in minutes :)

1 hour ago, RainingTacco said:

Now use ENB with complex grass and see how well that lod grass will fit lol during all times of day and weather. You will come back here in minutes :)

The settings to control grass LOD brightness and the limitations of ENB not applying effects to LOD are already explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD.

Vanilla complex grass with ENB can match just as well:

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 3:05 AM, sheson said:

Add GLListDebug=1 and GLDebug=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. Remove all old logs and bugreport.txt and run again. Upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt.

Finally got a bug report with these added debug settings.

Note that I cancelled this process myself by gracefully aborting DynDOLOD when I noticed I had not killed all AMD Adrenaline processes beforehand, which makes TexGen/DynDOLOD take forever when active. Perhaps we'll get some insights as to what in the hell AMD software is doing to add this unnecessary overhead. I personally think it's some sort of AMD texture-mediation algorithm due to Adrenaline not understanding that DynDOLOD is not a game.

18 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Finally got a bug report with these added debug settings.

Note that I cancelled this process myself by gracefully aborting DynDOLOD when I noticed I had not killed all AMD Adrenaline processes beforehand, which makes TexGen/DynDOLOD take forever when active. Perhaps we'll get some insights as to what in the hell AMD software is doing to add this unnecessary overhead. I personally think it's some sort of AMD texture-mediation algorithm due to Adrenaline not understanding that DynDOLOD is not a game.

Unfortunately the debug log shows that both [DynDOLOD] GLDebug and GLListDebug are not set to 1 in the..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and this the additional OpenGL debug checks are not activated.

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

Unfortunately the debug log shows that both [DynDOLOD] GLDebug and GLListDebug are not set to 1 in the..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and this the additional OpenGL debug checks are not activated.

Strange. I just checked, and they are at the end of the file and have been for days:

image.png

Maybe because I quit DynDOLOD ... in which case, I'm not sure why the bugreport.txt was generated (there was no error in the logs)

18 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Strange. I just checked, and they are at the end of the file and have been for days:

image.png

Maybe because I quit DynDOLOD ... in which case, I'm not sure why the bugreport.txt was generated (there was no error in the logs)

Do not post screenshots of text. Post the text instead.

Those lines are not added under [DynDOLOD] but under [Skyrim arnimaDUPLICTE003] and thus have no effect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

When i had my own 5700 XT like two years ago i remember dyndolod running fine, maybe a little longer than my 3060 ti right now. Sad to see AMD broken something. Anyway, when will 119 release? 

It will release when it is ready. Test the test version from the tree LOD shaders thread.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:17 PM, sheson said:

We determined that the order of when the threshold adjustment is done needs to be after the mipmaps are created and not before that so it has the desired results.

Normal map textures do not contain alpha information that is used for alpha blending/testing with the standard shaders. The alpha information is in the diffuse texture.

What you see is that DynDOLOD is creating mipmaps differently to how the mipmaps of the full texture were created. You could say the alpha of the mipmaps of the full textures are too thin. Either way, they do not match perfectly. We know this can happen, hence the suggestion for the threshold adjustment in the LOD model. Now that people know how to create mipmaps with alpha-to-coverage,  I'll  add a shape name command so a LOD model can instruct to keep using the mipmaps from the source texture instead of generating them.

What is this command? How can we invoke/test? I'm asking in relation to different trees/textures.

Just wondering is anybody else had noticed an issue with Gildergreen Regrown when using NG DLL v4?

If I build my LOD using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-118 and SE DLL 2.45 with Scripts 2.82.4, the LOD for Gildergreen works for all growth stages, but for some reason, if I build the LOD using NG DLL v4 and scripts instead, the LOD for stage 4 (final stage) of the Gildergreen growth is missing.  I'm still on SSE 1.5.97.

Edited by slanglois

Hello, im trying to create some 3d lod resources for some pine trees in NotWL but I seem to have some issues with the distant LOD4 trees having transparent foliage. 

ScreenShot1.png

I have checked the 3d Tree Lod manual, and it says that I have to make sure that UV is between zero and one? I have checked nifskope and there is a edit UV option. What do I need to do to make it between zero and one?

image.thumb.png.f527e6a5842f851e464c4d4d205f13f3.png

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

What is this command? How can we invoke/test? I'm asking in relation to different trees/textures.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model
Note that by default mipmaps of textures that are added to the tree LOD or object LOD texture atlas are ignored and instead are generated from the largest resolution with an alpha-to-coverage algorithm so that small details do not fade into full transparency the further away they are. To use the mipmaps of the original texture defined by the LOD model, add the term UseMipMaps to the BSTriShape/NiTriShape name. This should preferably done for all LOD models using this texture. Use an unique filenames for such textures, so there are no problems with other mods modifying the same vanilla filenames.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MITSUYOMI said:

Hello, im trying to create some 3d lod resources for some pine trees in NotWL but I seem to have some issues with the distant LOD4 trees having transparent foliage. 

ScreenShot1.png

I have checked the 3d Tree Lod manual, and it says that I have to make sure that UV is between zero and one? I have checked nifskope and there is a edit UV option. What do I need to do to make it between zero and one?

image.thumb.png.f527e6a5842f851e464c4d4d205f13f3.png

You can drag and move the UV coordinates that are outside the 0.0 to 1.0 range inside. Inside 0.0 and 1.0 is typically the center of the UV edit window.
You can also just set the Texture Clamp Mode to CLAMP_S and CLAMP_T in the shader settings.

uvedit.png