DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

As explaoned at https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instruction do not install any third party billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

If you are following a thirdparty guide you need to ask its author/use its forum section for help.

Got it, thanks. I'm following only the Step Skyrim Special Edition Guide as my base and then adding mods after it. Game is running smoothly, only working on LODs at this point). Here are the truncated log (removed multiple passes, wasn't sure if I should remove anything from the records of one pass) and full debug log files. Any clue why DynDOLOD can't find my converted textures?

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by CBSkyrimModding

Hello!! I don't really have any error log, but for some reason DynDOLOD.esm has added DynDOLOD.esp as a master while it was generating itself, and I can't get LOOT to sort these plugins, due to a cylical interaction detected between the two. 
     I just used this yesterday without issue. My esps + esms are at 243 including DynDOLOD's plugins, and I have never had this issue before. I received it while I was still using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 111, and since then I have updated to DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114, the latest version, and have double checked that LOOT is in fact up to date, and am able to sort plugins normally without DynDOLOD present. 
     I even took the liberty to clear ALL metadata from the LOOT tables in case it was user error. I wasn't that. I am also unable to open either esm nor esp in the creation kit as it causes it to crash immediately. I am not able to load either plugin in SSEEdit due to the plugins containing cyclical references. What can I do about this new problem?

18 minutes ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

Hello!! I don't really have any error log, but for some reason DynDOLOD.esm has added DynDOLOD.esp as a master while it was generating itself, and I can't get LOOT to sort these plugins, due to a cylical interaction detected between the two. 
     I just used this yesterday without issue. My esps + esms are at 243 including DynDOLOD's plugins, and I have never had this issue before. I received it while I was still using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 111, and since then I have updated to DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114, the latest version, and have double checked that LOOT is in fact up to date, and am able to sort plugins normally without DynDOLOD present. 
     I even took the liberty to clear ALL metadata from the LOOT tables in case it was user error. I wasn't that. I am also unable to open either esm nor esp in the creation kit as it causes it to crash immediately. I am not able to load either plugin in SSEEdit due to the plugins containing cyclical references. What can I do about this new problem?

Did you update DynDOLOD Resources when you upgraded to DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114?

Did you throw away your previous DynDOLOD output mods and regenerate object LOD from scratch?

Did you install DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114 as instructed as a utility outside of your mod manager?

Throw away your DynDOLOD outputs, including all DynDOLOD plugins, sort with LOOT, and regenerate object LOD using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114. Read the OP and DynDOLOD installation instructions ... there's really nothing to help with unless you follow the installation instructions and regenerate LOD properly, providing logs as instructed in the OP.

Please do not report issues here unless you are using the latest Alpha and following all instructions and provide the relevant logs.

4 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Did you update DynDOLOD Resources when you upgraded to DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114?

Did you throw away your previous DynDOLOD output mods and regenerate object LOD from scratch?

Did you install DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114 as instructed as a utility outside of your mod manager?

Throw away your DynDOLOD outputs, including all DynDOLOD plugins, sort with LOOT, and regenerate object LOD using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114. Read the OP and DynDOLOD installation instructions ... there's really nothing to help with unless you follow the installation instructions and regenerate LOD properly, providing logs as instructed in the OP.

Please do not report issues here unless you are using the latest Alpha and following all instructions and provide the relevant logs.

Question 1: yes
Question 2: yes
Question 3: no, and it succeeded without error. 

I have already taken these steps. The issues lie within your plugins, and nowhere else. DynDOLOD.esm has added DynDOLOD.esp as a master, and this is causing a cyclical interaction across 2 tools, so you are at fault.

Here is proof that DynDOLOD succeeded without error.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

15 minutes ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

Question 1: yes
Question 2: yes
Question 3: no, and it succeeded without error. 

I have already taken these steps. The issues lie within your plugins, and nowhere else. DynDOLOD.esm has added DynDOLOD.esp as a master, and this is causing a cyclical interaction across 2 tools, so you are at fault.

Here is proof that DynDOLOD succeeded without error.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.73 MB · 0 downloads

Question 3: no ....

As you replied and the log shows, you DID NOT install DynDOLOD properly as an application outside of your mod manager or game path, because DynDOLOD is sharing your game path.

Go back to the manual and install as instructed or follow a guide that is not incorrect.

The plugins are built dynamically based on installed plugins in the load order. The are not 'our' DynDOLOD plugins. They are your DynDOLOD plugins and faulty, because you did not install or execute DynDOLOD properly.

The only proof shown by your logs is that the application is in the same path as your game, and your game is in a non-standard path.

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\Stock Game\Data\
Using Scripts Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
Using Cache Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_
Using Temp Path: C:\Users\smfsj\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\
Using Output Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\
Using ini: C:\Users\smfsj\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using custom ini: C:\Users\smfsj\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimCustom.ini
Using save path: C:\Users\smfsj\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\__MO_Saves\
Using Creation Club Content list: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\Stock Game\Skyrim.ccc
Using plugin list: C:\Users\smfsj\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Using settings file: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.ini

It should look more similar to this:

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
Using Scripts Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
Using Cache Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_
Using Temp Path: C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\
Using Output Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\
Using ini: D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using custom ini: D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimCustom.ini
Using save path: D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\__MO_Saves\
Using Creation Club Content list: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ccc
Using plugin list: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Using settings file: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.ini

Notice how the DynDOLOD application is installed in C:/Modding, and the game is installed under C:/Steam. DynDOLOD is not a mod. It's an application that also has corresponding Resources, which IS a mod.

Use a licensed version of the game and install the game and DynDOLOD according to standards.

8 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Question 3: no ....

As you replied and the log shows, you DID NOT install DynDOLOD properly as an application outside of your mod manager or game path, because DynDOLOD is sharing your game path.

Go back to the manual and install as instructed or follow a guide that is not incorrect.

The plugins are built dynamically based on installed plugins in the load order. The are not 'our' DynDOLOD plugins. They are your DynDOLOD plugins and faulty, because you did not install or execute DynDOLOD properly.

The only proof shown by your logs is that the application is in the same path as your game, and your game is in a non-standard path.

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\Stock Game\Data\
Using Scripts Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
Using Cache Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_
Using Temp Path: C:\Users\smfsj\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\
Using Output Path: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\
Using ini: C:\Users\smfsj\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using custom ini: C:\Users\smfsj\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimCustom.ini
Using save path: C:\Users\smfsj\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\__MO_Saves\
Using Creation Club Content list: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\Stock Game\Skyrim.ccc
Using plugin list: C:\Users\smfsj\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Using settings file: C:\Valley of the Elders Redux\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.ini

It should look more similar to this:

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
Using Scripts Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
Using Cache Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_
Using Temp Path: C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\
Using Output Path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\
Using ini: D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using custom ini: D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimCustom.ini
Using save path: D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\__MO_Saves\
Using Creation Club Content list: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ccc
Using plugin list: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Using settings file: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.ini

Notice how the DynDOLOD application is installed in C:/Modding, and the game is installed under C:/Steam. DynDOLOD is not a mod. It's an application that also has corresponding Resources, which IS a mod.

Use a licensed version of the game and install the game and DynDOLOD according to standards.

You have yet to describe to me the simplest answer that I have asked a question about:
Why would DynDOLOD.esm ever make DynDOLOD.esp a master? This is all I am here for. Literally the only thing I have asked. Your tool runs successfully where it sits, and I will get the same result if it is installed in "C:/DynDOLOD". You are simply dodging the problem, when if you scroll to the bottom, you will get the confirmation for the question that you have asked me. DynDOLOD completed without error.

I have the game installed through Steam, and the Stock Game route is a well-known way to organize the game files as spoken on the wabbajack page. This is the first time this issue has ever happened to me, and did not happen to me 24 hours ago when I regenerated DynDOLOD. I do this a lot, I know you're wrong. lol

4 minutes ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

You have yet to describe to me the simplest answer that I have asked a question about:
Why would DynDOLOD.esm ever make DynDOLOD.esp a master? This is all I am here for. Literally the only thing I have asked. Your tool runs successfully where it sits, and I will get the same result if it is installed in "C:/DynDOLOD". You are simply dodging the problem, when if you scroll to the bottom, you will get the confirmation for the question that you have asked me. DynDOLOD completed without error.

I have the game installed through Steam, and the Stock Game route is a well-known way to organize the game files as spoken on the wabbajack page. This is the first time this issue has ever happened to me, and did not happen to me 24 hours ago when I regenerated DynDOLOD. I do this a lot, I know you're wrong. lol

Read the OP and stop wasting time. You are not providing the logs required. This is not Wabbajack support.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Read the OP and stop wasting time. You are not providing the logs required. This is not Wabbajack support.

I have re-ran TexGen and DynDOLOD, using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114 as previously stated, using the pathway "C:/DynDOLOD" for my executables, and I have still received the same error when I go to sort your plugins within LOOT

https://ufile.io/jb23w8ep

Above I have provided both the DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log + DynDOLOD_SSE_log as stated in the OP. Just like I did the first time I posted this, but this time with the debug side. There is no bug report.txt within the DynDOLOD folder. 

https://ufile.io/ypnqs8oe

Here is the error I am seeing within LOOT. Both files have added each other as masters automatically. Your turn.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

https://ufile.io/lt77q3hz

Oh, here is another upload of two screenshots from SSEEdit, showing that it is entirely your plugins at fault for a cyclical error, because you can see them referencing each other without an ending. I could take more screenshots of this, but I think you understand me by now.

48 minutes ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

https://ufile.io/lt77q3hz

Oh, here is another upload of two screenshots from SSEEdit, showing that it is entirely your plugins at fault for a cyclical error, because you can see them referencing each other without an ending. I could take more screenshots of this, but I think you understand me by now.

Your debug log shows a large number of script errors related to your Synthesis patch. I think this may be causing the issues. DynDOLOD plugins are created dynamically from your existing plugins. Obviously, you should be sorting with LOOT prior to running DynDOLOD and adding those plugins (and again sorting with LOOT where you got that error).

Sheson probably will be familiar with some of the issues in these logs as they relate to Synthesis, so with the debug log now being provided, he should be able to give you some next steps when he's back online.

In the meantime ...

Based on the logs, I think you either have some mod plugin problems or an install problem with all those not-found-script errors. Review the logs (or even better, the DynDOLOD Summary at ../DynDOLOD/Summary/*) to find out where those scripts are expected and check the related mods for install issues or missing file updates, etc.

Be sure to clean all dirty plugins indicated by LOOT (in the sort before generating DynDOLOD plugins). ITMs and UDRs should all be cleaned from the CC DLC mods (about 40 of them) as well as the other vanilla DLCs and Update.esm using xEditQuickAutoClean. The same should be done for any other of your mods flagged by LOOT.

Once that's done, I would test a regen from scratch without Synthesis patch. If the plugins generated by DynDOLOD don't contain the circular refs, I would test again with Synthesis.

Is anyone able to give me any clues as to why DynDOLOD isn't finding the files I've generated through TexGen? I found a post on here that said to try using different compression methods if TexGen was crashing with a particular error I encountered, so I did that and then converted then converted them with Texconv, so it's not unlikely I messed something up...

Here are the logs from one attempt at running DynDOLOD. Thanks very much for your help.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

42 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Your debug log shows a large number of script errors related to your Synthesis patch. I think this may be causing the issues. DynDOLOD plugins are created dynamically from your existing plugins. Obviously, you should be sorting with LOOT prior to running DynDOLOD and adding those plugins (and again sorting with LOOT where you got that error).

Sheson probably will be familiar with some of the issues in these logs as they relate to Synthesis, so with the debug log now being provided, he should be able to give you some next steps when he's back online.

In the meantime ...

Based on the logs, I think you either have some mod plugin problems or an install problem with all those not-found-script errors. Review the logs (or even better, the DynDOLOD Summary at ../DynDOLOD/Summary/*) to find out where those scripts are expected and check the related mods for install issues or missing file updates, etc.

Be sure to clean all dirty plugins indicated by LOOT (in the sort before generating DynDOLOD plugins). ITMs and UDRs should all be cleaned from the CC DLC mods (about 40 of them) as well as the other vanilla DLCs and Update.esm using xEditQuickAutoClean. The same should be done for any other of your mods flagged by LOOT.

Once that's done, I would test a regen from scratch without Synthesis patch. If the plugins generated by DynDOLOD don't contain the circular refs, I would test again with Synthesis.

Thanks. Now it's 3DNPCs I am worried about, because there are roughly triple the missing scripts in that mod than there are in the synthesis patch. x.x I have chosen to forgoe DynDOLOD for the time being until I can resolve this issue.

Edit: I have found that the 3DNPC Update file did not get properly merged, it simply replaced the main file, hence THOSE missing scripts. I will also correct Synthesis and try this again now.

Edited by PhxFuryKnight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Is anyone able to give me any clues as to why DynDOLOD isn't finding the files I've generated through TexGen? I found a post on here that said to try using different compression methods if TexGen was crashing with a particular error I encountered, so I did that and then converted then converted them with Texconv, so it's not unlikely I messed something up...

Here are the logs from one attempt at running DynDOLOD. Thanks very much for your help.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 777.02 kB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 44.42 kB · 1 download

1. You first need to update to the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 114 into a clean folder.
  2. Modify the INIs as necessary. (I rename my current DynDOLOD path to DynDOLOD_ for reference with e.g., WinMerge)
  3. Remove current TexGen and DynDOLOD optput mods.
  4. Remove any third-party billboards or LOD files.
  5. Sort with LOOT.
  6. Clean dirty plugins indicated by LOOT, including vanilla.
  7. Install latest DynDOLOD Resources mod.
  8. Final sort with LOOT.
  9. Run TexGen,  and install output. (Post this debug log if you find errors in the non-debug log, otherwise, continue to next step)
  10. Run DynDOLOD, and install output.

Then post that debug log if issues (see the OP for details and reference info).