DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

25 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

After updating from version 111 to version 114 (and to the newest Resources/NG DLL) I encountered the problem of grass lod completely failing to generate, as in there isn't any grass lod in the generated meshes. I have a working grass cache, grass lod generation worked fine with the old version and I kept my settings, both in the UI and in the ini files, the same as before. The generation process ended "successfully" without any fatal error, in fact it was greatly sped up because the whole grass lod generation part was seemingly skipped. As far as I can tell TexGen did generate the usual grass billboards when I reran it with version 114. After consulting https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List I ran LODGen with verbose enabled. Here's the whole log for Tamriel worldspace: https://ufile.io/a3snif3z I didn't truncate it because it was truly verbose (lol) and I'm not really sure which parts are useful and which parts are not. Also attached here is the LODGen log for Markarth worldspace that came with the Tamriel lod generation. It's significantly shorter and I do have grass in Markarth worldspace, maybe it would help.

Edit: For some reason I can't seem to download my own uploaded file. Here's another link that should work fine: https://anonfiles.com/23SeldZdyc/LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log_txt

LODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txt 104.58 kB · 1 download

Read the first post which TexGen/DynDOLOD logs and debug logs to upload when making posts.

"Grass mapping not found" means that those grasses found in the cgid will not have grass LOD. This is expected for underwater grasses and grasses that do not have billboards generated.

Those grass LOD billboards are missing from the load order. Really go through the entire no grass LOD check list.

Look into why TexGen has not generated the expected grass LOD billboards. https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards.

15 minutes ago, star_death69 said:

Thanks!
This time it seemed to throw the same exception, but with another file.
Also. no debug report was created.

Logs_16_54.7z 518.98 kB · 1 download

Let me know what happens with this text version https://mega.nz/file/5B4UiThY#A_-P-S4YsL2TbuVgv_8s9fTp8_DEbmZuiyxWxBRN8J4

It should produce a bugreport.txt again.

16 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which TexGen/DynDOLOD logs and debug logs to upload when making posts.

"Grass mapping not found" means that those grasses found in the cgid will not have grass LOD. This is expected for underwater grasses and grasses that do not have billboards generated.

Really go through the entire no grass LOD check list.

Look into why TexGen has not generated the expected grass LOD billboards. https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards.

I just went through the whole list and nothing seemed wrong in the TexGen part. I mean, I'm not really sure which grasses should have billboards and which grasses are to be skipped, but there are lots of grass billboard records found in LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt and LODGen_SSE_ObjectAtlasMap_[Worldspace].txt. There isn't any texture missing compared to a working TexGen output that I generated previously with version 111. The grass billboard textures aren't transparent or anything. I can see grass billboards in object LOD atlas. The majority of the records in TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt don't end in false. And I'm not only missing types of grasses, none of them have their lod generated. Also DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt does contain "Gathering grass data for object LOD". I just can't think of anything that could cause this.

26 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

I just went through the whole list and nothing seemed wrong in the TexGen part. I mean, I'm not really sure which grasses should have billboards and which grasses are to be skipped, but there are lots of grass billboard records found in LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt and LODGen_SSE_ObjectAtlasMap_[Worldspace].txt. There isn't any texture missing compared to a working TexGen output that I generated previously with version 111. The grass billboard textures aren't transparent or anything. I can see grass billboards in object LOD atlas. The majority of the records in TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt don't end in false. And I'm not only missing types of grasses, none of them have their lod generated. Also DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt does contain "Gathering grass data for object LOD". I just can't think of anything that could cause this.

What is the purpose of the post? The logs could show us facts that can be compared and what not.

How do you not know which grasses should have grass LOD billboards and cross check that with the logs? As explained earlier, the Grass mapping not found messages help with that.

23 minutes ago, star_death69 said:

Same as before, this time with bug report Logs_17_20.7z

Can you check if G:\Games\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Render\Skyrim\Objects\dlc01\lod\seruinswindowslod.nif opens without error in NifSkope?

Is the CPU overclocked or are you using custom memory timing settings etc?

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Can you check if G:\Games\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Render\Skyrim\Objects\dlc01\lod\seruinswindowslod.nif opens without error in NifSkope?

Is the CPU overclocked or are you using custom memory timing settings etc?

I have never used NifSkope, but it seems to open fine, no pop ups or anything.

image.thumb.png.e71047c63618e09a81933400beaa8960.png

regarding my CPU: I don't know. I had tried some overclocking software in the far past, but removed everything as the topic got too complicated. I don't know if there are still some tweaks left, but if, then they should not be aggressive. I'm pretty sure I have XMP enabled in BIOS though.

15 minutes ago, star_death69 said:

I have never used NifSkope, but it seems to open fine, no pop ups or anything.

image.thumb.png.e71047c63618e09a81933400beaa8960.png

regarding my CPU: I don't know. I had tried some overclocking software in the far past, but removed everything as the topic got too complicated. I don't know if there are still some tweaks left, but if, then they should not be aggressive. I'm pretty sure I have XMP enabled in BIOS though.

Look OK.

Run this test version and upload the logs as usual https://mega.nz/file/gNBHzZZL#65ITaFVNj_HL0-PJ5hXKduVAk1xl8Bm1t8bY9fP5iwY
This will be the last test for today. We will have to look some more into tomorrow.

Maybe you can test default/slo memory settings in the meantime.

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

What is the purpose of the post? The logs could show us facts that can be compared and what not.

How do you not know which grasses should have grass LOD billboards and cross check that with the logs? As explained earlier, the Grass mapping not found messages help with that.

I foolishly restarted DynDOLOD, changed a setting, ran it to see whether it would magically made grass lod work again and shut down the program the moment I saw the grassless meshes coming in, which completely wiped out the previous logs. It's past 1 am where I am so it's too late to run it again, so the logs would have to wait. One thing that I noticed though: in the LODGen logs that I uploaded, the "grass mapping not found" messages got the form ID of the grasses wrong. As in, the generated billboard of a grass is named "xxxxxxx_000008xx.dds" but LODGen was seemingly seeking a file named "xxxxxxx_000000xx.dds". Hopefully this counts as relevant information.

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

Look OK.

Run this test version and upload the logs as usual https://mega.nz/file/gNBHzZZL#65ITaFVNj_HL0-PJ5hXKduVAk1xl8Bm1t8bY9fP5iwY
This will be the last test for today. We will have to look some more into tomorrow.

Maybe you can test default/slo memory settings in the meantime.

Same again: Logs_18_30.7z

Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

800705AA means ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES

Make sure the best graphics card is the first reported by the OS. Check main memory and VRAM usage.

Searching for the error code as explained on the first post finds https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-114/?do=findComment&comment=253629

Check High memory usage / Out of memory at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ and the answer about the TextureCache setting.

Hi again, thanks for your help. I've successfully completed TexGen by switching diffuse/alpha, normal specular, diffuse, and normal from BC7 (Quick) to R8G8B8, but I'm stuck at the DynDOLOD stage now. As far as I know, I've successfully completed BC7 compression using Texconv (since the output size is smaller), and I've copied everything in the output (a textures folder but no meshes folder - is that right?) into the Step SkyrimSE - xLODGen Output folder. (TEMP) Cathedral Landscapes - xLODGen mod is subsequently disabled. When I try to run DynDOLOD, however, it tells me that no billboards are detected. I've tried combinations of enabling/disabling all LOD mods in the Step guide and even tried swapping the files from "HD LOD Textures SE" mod into the Step SkyrimSE - xLODGen Output folder in place of my own custom files, which didn't work.

I've read around but haven't figured it out yet, so any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks as always.

Edited by CBSkyrimModding

23 minutes ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Hi again, thanks for your help. I've successfully completed TexGen by switching diffuse/alpha, normal specular, diffuse, and normal from BC7 (Quick) to R8G8B8, but I'm stuck at the DynDOLOD stage now. As far as I know, I've successfully completed BC7 compression using Texconv (since the output size is smaller), and I've copied everything in the output (a textures folder but no meshes folder - is that right?) into the Step SkyrimSE - xLODGen Output folder. (TEMP) Cathedral Landscapes - xLODGen mod is subsequently disabled. When I try to run DynDOLOD, however, it tells me that no billboards are detected. I've tried combinations of enabling/disabling all LOD mods in the Step guide and even tried swapping the files from "HD LOD Textures SE" mod into the Step SkyrimSE - xLODGen Output folder in place of my own custom files, which didn't work.

I've read around but haven't figured it out yet, so any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks as always.

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

As explaoned at https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instruction do not install any third party billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

If you are following a thirdparty guide you need to ask its author/use its forum section for help.