DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

20 hours ago, KonekoBenjamin25 said:

I don't know if I'm looking in the bad place but I can't find the error in xedit.

https://ufile.io/yf1r8uk2

if I seek 0001A26F or 00104217 in xedit there is no error mark in "FULL - Name" the only thing different is that the name is either in french or in english.
I did not understand should I fix it or not ?
For the missing texture i had already installed and tested:

Hoddminir Plants and Trees

K747 Patches for Special Edition - Immersive College of Winterhold DynDOLOD error missing texture fix

I took a picture to show it is there.

image.thumb.png.204b1c08e382982b0ad89b7f6abaf127.png

But Texgen still gives the error.

TexGen_SSE_log

https://ufile.io/mh7h9edy

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log

https://ufile.io/os8e0o87

I also have a question do I need to restart xLODGen before testing Texgen? Because that's what I do and it's long.

The xEdit log shows these same 2 log lines as TexGen while loading the plugins
Background Loader: [00000000] [TES4 \ SNAM - Description] <Error reading string: [EEncodingError] No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page>.
The log messages are for Correctif Special.esp and Morskom.esp. I do not know enough about languages or this error to judge how severe is it. Best to check with the xEdit discord.

The screenshot from MO2 does not tell us anything about the path of the file. The tools use OS functions to query if a file exists at a certain path (E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds). The OS reports that the file does not exist, that is why the error message is written to the log. In this case the OS asks MO2 if the file exists, so most likely MO2 returns the information that the file can not be found.

If TexGen output will be fine as it only generate textures. If DynDOLOD runs through without stopping the created plugins will most likely be fine, too. Just double check the mentioned worldspace records made it into the DynDOLOD plugins OK. They should contain the same data for the records as the plugins before them.

You can then run TexGen/DynDOLOD as many times as you want. You do not need to generate terrain LOD again if you are already satisfied with the result.

3 hours ago, mattski123 said:

It seems it's from a .esp called "Snow and Ice Removal" which deletes a bunch of vanilla records. Let's remove that then lol. Or could setting them to initially disabled be alright?

What is the actual mod the plugin is from?

Deleting base record is "fine". It is not supposed to cause any issues either way. Let me know if the process runs through without the plugin as a troubleshooting step only, so I can try to replicate the issue.

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

What is the actual mod the plugin is from?

Deleting base record is "fine". It is not supposed to cause any issues either way. Let me know if the process runs through without the plugin as a troubleshooting step only, so I can try to replicate the issue.

Honestly, idek, it ran smoothly without this .esp. I've attached the esp in case you'd like it.

Snow and Ice Removal.esp

58 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

Using dyndolod 3.0 alpha 111, newest resources and 3.0 NG DLL, and it doesn't work for 1.5.97 version of the game, says something about wrong papyrus script - i just got this after generating new lod from scratch, clean save. 

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds
DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha-2 (Mega) overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE, do not install older versions of DynDOLOD DLL or the papyrus scripts

I had no old scripts and old dll installed - i thought it was clear from my post, i didnt even get the workaround menu when i ran dyndolod64.exe tool from MO2, which already was weird to me. Looked at dyndolod_sse.ini and the workaround toggle was deprecated, so it should be in the menu, but there wasn't. Something doesn't work right.

Anyway i reverted back to original version and it works fine, suck that i wasted hour of my life.

Edited by RainingTacco

I will wait until largereferencebugfix and NG version come out of "deep alpha extremely experimental" and become a standard part of dyndolod suite. Until that day, the separation of this stuff, and the ensuing bugs are too confusing and time wasting for me to dabble. Are there any ETA on when the NG/largereferencebugfix version will become a part of main stuff?

3 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

I had no scripts installed, i didnt even get the workaround menu when i ran dyndolod64.exe tool from MO2, which already was weird to me. Looked at dyndolod_sse.ini and the workaround toggle was deprecated, so it should be in the menu, but there wasn't. Something doesn't work right.

Anyway i reverted back to original version and it works fine, suck that i wasted hour of my life.

Read this entire page https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds.

Do not install the DynDOLOD DLL NG and its scripts if you do intent to enable the large reference workarounds.

4 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

I will wait until largereferencebugfix and NG version come out of "deep alpha extremely experimental" and become a standard part of dyndolod suite. Until that day, the separation of this stuff, and the ensuing bugs are too confusing and time wasting for me to dabble. Are there any ETA on when the NG/largereferencebugfix version will become a part of main stuff?

What bugs?

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read this entire page https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds.

Do not install the DynDOLOD DLL NG and its scripts if you do intent to enable the large reference workarounds.

I've did everything as the site tell. Installed Dyndolod DLL NG, and its resources. Ran dyndolod, there was nowhere "large reference workaround" option to tick, and in the dyndolod_sse.ini the option said it was deprecated and to be toggle in the menu, just as the website says. Problem that there was no such option in the menu... 

I've used the new scripts before and i remember having this option, therefore i was suprised it vanished. Something must be bugged. 

20 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

I've did everything as the site tell. Installed Dyndolod DLL NG, and its resources. Ran dyndolod, there was nowhere "large reference workaround" option to tick, and in the dyndolod_sse.ini the option said it was deprecated and to be toggle in the menu, just as the website says. Problem that there was no such option in the menu... 

I've used the new scripts before and i remember having this option, therefore i was suprised it vanished. Something must be bugged. 

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds
For the large reference bugs workarounds check box and options to become available on the advanced mode window, the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts must be installed and every plugin containing deleted references needs to be cleaned. See the Prerequisites section of the Generation Instructions for more.
When DynDOLOD is started, a log message will notify if the large reference bugs workarounds are enabled, for example:
Large reference bugs workarounds: enabled (DynDOLOD.DLL: NG, Scripts: NG, Deleted references: no)

I'm having a huge issue with Alpha 111. I am able to process Texgen, but it now takes 1 hour and 17 minutes, versus 20min before I added parallax to the game. 

Texgen completes without errors. 

DynDOLOD on the other hand, lists missing meshes and textures from Beyond Reach and Beyond Skyrim - Bruma (arnima worlds and bsheartland/cyrodill respectively), as well as NiNode Root Blocks on QW's Grass Patch 2 found on nexusmods. 

I cannot get these textures or meshes because they simply don't exist on the mod author's respective pages. 

I run it anyway. DynDOLOD proceeds to generate Object LOD textures as normal, but it moves a grueling pace. It takes around 45 minutes to process all records and begin Object LOD for Tamriel, and then it takes around an hour for the basic Object LOD textures to compile before it tries to begin the Tamriel world itself. 

This would be perfectly fine, except I have spent two nights now just letting DynDOLOD run, separately, once per night, and each time it will freeze around the 3hr mark, sometimes at the 5hr mark. 

I have deleted all DynDOLOD output each time, but I cannot provide the logs because I have uninstalled this version. 

Do you recommend I try regenerating a grass cache, DynDOLOD mode = 0, with DynDOLOD 2.98 instead? 

System specs: 

5700X

7900XT

32GB 3600MHz RAM

20GB-40GB page file.

Edited by PhxFuryKnight

23 minutes ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

I have deleted all DynDOLOD output each time, but I cannot provide the logs because I have uninstalled this version. 

Do you recommend I try regenerating a grass cache, DynDOLOD mode = 0, with DynDOLOD 2.98 instead?

Posting logs actually helps to resolve issues. That's kinda the whole point of this topic. See the OP.