DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

18 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Sorry about that. Not sure what happened. Here is the fixed link. And yes you are correct DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion were already disabled. I will try again and update my post with the results

Test setting MemoryManager = false, then test setting WaterflowAnimation = false

If no change, upload all game INI / test with default INIs

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Test setting MemoryManager = false, then test setting WaterflowAnimation = false

If no change, upload all game INI / test with default INIs

Well Sheson after doing more tests I was able to disable DynDOLOD Resources SE and so far with my test runs, it appears to have fixed my stutter. I have done several test runs under my test profile with only DynDOLOD enabled and it was perfect when resources was disabled and stuttered when it was enabled and I did one quick run with my main mod list and I was really surprised to have a stutter free run. I never thought of trying to remove that by itself as I thought it was supposed to remain enabled even after generating my LOD. Should I leave it disabled going forward after generating new LOD? Not doing it right this second anyways just want to be prepared for the future. Also would you know why DynDOLOD Resources SE would be the issue? Just curious... I plan on doing some more thorough test runs after tonight to make sure everything is still working. Thank you so much for your help Sheson!

Quick Update: I went through and hid the folders within DynDOLOD Resources SE and found that the scripts folder is causing the stutter. I will work by testing each script.

Edited by Saint_Chewy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Well Sheson after doing more tests I was able to disable DynDOLOD Resources SE and so far with my test runs, it appears to have fixed my stutter. I have done several test runs under my test profile with only DynDOLOD enabled and it was perfect when resources was disabled and stuttered when it was enabled and I did one quick run with my main mod list and I was really surprised to have a stutter free run. I never thought of trying to remove that by itself as I thought it was supposed to remain enabled even after generating my LOD. Should I leave it disabled going forward after generating new LOD? Not doing it right this second anyways just want to be prepared for the future. Also would you know why DynDOLOD Resources SE would be the issue? Just curious... I plan on doing some more thorough test runs after tonight to make sure everything is still working. Thank you so much for your help Sheson!

Quick Update: I went through and hid the folders within DynDOLOD Resources SE and found that the scripts folder is causing the stutter. I will work by testing each script.

Change those settings in engine fixes and report if they change anything. Upload the INI files as requested.

Of course DynDOLOD Resources SE is not supposed to be disabled, that is just a test. The script that is used by DynDOLOD.esm will be SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex
It should only run when moving around and typically does not cause anything.

The plugin you upload seems to be the original one and not the one where you already removed lots of records to narrow it down.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

Change those settings in engine fixes and report if they change anything. Upload the INI files as requested.

Of course DynDOLOD Resources SE is not supposed to be disabled, that is just a test. The script that is used by DynDOLOD.esm will be SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex
It should only run when moving around and typically does not cause anything.

The plugin you upload seems to be the original one and not the one where you already removed lots of records to narrow it down.

Okay I set WaterflowAnimation = false and I still stuttered. I tried doing MemoryManager = false but was crashing on start up. And this was with my mod test profile in MO2 where I only had SSE Engine Fixes and DynDOLOD_Output enabled. I even disabled DynDOLOD_Output so only SSE Engine Fixes was enabled and it still crashed on start up if MemoryManager = false.

Here are my INI files. They are currently set to ultra settings set by BETHINI. I have also tried using the high settings recommended by the STEP guide and still received the stutter. I even tried low settings as a previous test before reaching out for help and that made no difference either.

Here is my main full DynDOLOD.esm that was generated with all my mods enabled. I did restore it from back up when I sort of gave up removing the blocks. If you would like me to try again and upload that file I can do that as well. I really was only able to remove the blocks under the Tamriel worldpsace because I wanted to be certain which one it was before I started removing the sub blocks so I really did not get as far as I wanted unfortunately. Thank you Sheson

Edited by Saint_Chewy

2 hours ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Okay I set WaterflowAnimation = false and I still stuttered. I tried doing MemoryManager = false but was crashing on start up. And this was with my mod test profile in MO2 where I only had SSE Engine Fixes and DynDOLOD_Output enabled. I even disabled DynDOLOD_Output so only SSE Engine Fixes was enabled and it still crashed on start up if MemoryManager = false.

Here are my INI files. They are currently set to ultra settings set by BETHINI. I have also tried using the high settings recommended by the STEP guide and still received the stutter. I even tried low settings as a previous test before reaching out for help and that made no difference either.

Here is my main full DynDOLOD.esm that was generated with all my mods enabled. I did restore it from back up when I sort of gave up removing the blocks. If you would like me to try again and upload that file I can do that as well. I really was only able to remove the blocks under the Tamriel worldpsace because I wanted to be certain which one it was before I started removing the sub blocks so I really did not get as far as I wanted unfortunately. Thank you Sheson

It seems some patches (probably FormCaching, ScaleformAllocator) require the memory manager. You could test if setting everything to false under [Fixes] in the toml makes any difference. If it does enable half / other half in a loop until you know which one.

For a test only hide the SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex from the DynDOLOD Resources SE scripts folder.
If it does, test what happens when installing DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts. https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL

If that does not change anything, test if there is a change doing the experimental workarounds https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds. Set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and install the scripts 3 from the requirements. Test PapyrusUtil and DynDOLOD DLL version.

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

It seems some patches (probably FormCaching, ScaleformAllocator) require the memory manager. You could test if setting everything to false under [Fixes] in the toml makes any difference. If it does enable half / other half in a loop until you know which one.

For a test only hide the SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex from the DynDOLOD Resources SE scripts folder.
If it does, test what happens when installing DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts. https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL

If that does not change anything, test if there is a change doing the experimental workarounds https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds. Set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and install the scripts 3 from the requirements. Test PapyrusUtil and DynDOLOD DLL version.

So before you had replied I had already started testing by hiding SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex. When I hid that script I had NO stutter at all. I did 3 tests each with it hidden and not hidden under my test mod profile with only SSE Engine Fixes and now with DynDOLOD Resources SE, Texgen_Output, and DynDOLOD_Output and each time the script was hidden I received NO stutter and each time it was not hidden I received the same repeatable stutter. I then tried it again on my main mod list 3 times each and received NO stutter when the script was hidden. I was even able to run around the whole map twice and did not have any noticeable stutter (I had small little bumps on my frametime but under 20ms I can't feel it or see it so I am happy with that).

And I am sorry I think part of the sentence was cut off, since I do not stutter when hiding SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex do you still want me to install DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts?

Edited by Saint_Chewy

35 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

So before you had replied I had already started testing by hiding SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex. When I hid that script I had NO stutter at all. I did 3 tests each with it hidden and not hidden under my test mod profile with only SSE Engine Fixes and now with DynDOLOD Resources SE, Texgen_Output, and DynDOLOD_Output and each time the script was hidden I received NO stutter and each time it was not hidden I received the same repeatable stutter. I then tried it again on my main mod list 3 times each and received NO stutter when the script was hidden. I was even able to run around the whole map twice and did not have any noticeable stutter (I had small little bumps on my frametime but under 20ms I can't feel it or see it so I am happy with that).

And I am sorry I think part of the sentence was cut off, since I do not stutter when hiding SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex do you still want me to install DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts?

Hiding, disabling things is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. The script is required for normal operation, otherwise it would not exist.

We are still trying to find why Engine Fixes causes the problem and how to properly solve the issue.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Hiding, disabling things is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. The script is required for normal operation, otherwise it would not exist.

We are still trying to find why Engine Fixes causes the problem and how to properly solve the issue.

Yes absolutely I agree with you, I was just wondering what you wanted me to try next since I did not stutter when hiding SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex? The sentence was cut off so I was not entirely sure if thats what you meant or not.

Edit: I re-read your previous messages and tried a few more things.

Disabled everything under [Fixes] in EngineFixes.toml and I was unable to complete my test runs as I was getting random crashing. I tried a few times and would get to different places when it would crash. If this is something you would like me to continue testing, I can try again with only half the fixes disabled. I also installed DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts and disabled PapyrusUtil SE and I was still receiving stutter with that combination.

Edit 2: I just re-generated my LOD with WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and installed the scripts 3 from the requirements. I made sure that those scripts overrode DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts and DynDOLOD Resources SE. I tried with both PapyrusUtil and DynDOLOD DL and I still had the stutter

Edited by Saint_Chewy

1 hour ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Yes absolutely I agree with you, I was just wondering what you wanted me to try next since I did not stutter when hiding SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex? The sentence was cut off so I was not entirely sure if thats what you meant or not.

Edit: I re-read your previous messages and tried a few more things.

Disabled everything under [Fixes] in EngineFixes.toml and I was unable to complete my test runs as I was getting random crashing. I tried a few times and would get to different places when it would crash. If this is something you would like me to continue testing, I can try again with only half the fixes disabled. I also installed DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts and disabled PapyrusUtil SE and I was still receiving stutter with that combination.

Edit 2: I just re-generated my LOD with WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and installed the scripts 3 from the requirements. I made sure that those scripts overrode DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts and DynDOLOD Resources SE. I tried with both PapyrusUtil and DynDOLOD DL and I still had the stutter

The minimum setup should be able to run with all fixes disabled as it should be able to run without Engine Fixes.

Explain again exactly what are the tests you need to in order to verify it stutters or not.

Just to make sure, it depends on which scripts are overwriting last if PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL is used.

For the next tests I will need to know what you are going to use, PapayrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL, scripts 2 or scripts 3 with the workarounds. I will add debug information to the script for which version you decide on.

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

The minimum setup should be able to run with all fixes disabled as it should be able to run without Engine Fixes.

Explain again exactly what are the tests you need to in order to verify it stutters or not.

Just to make sure, it depends on which scripts are overwriting last if PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL is used.

For the next tests I will need to know what you are going to use, PapayrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL, scripts 2 or scripts 3 with the workarounds. I will add debug information to the script for which version you decide on.

For my test that I am performing currently, I load the game and at the start menu and I coc riverwood and then run down the road and go east towards the south side of Riften. I will typically know if its going to stutter or not by the time I reach Fort Amol. Now as of my most previous test this has been my load order (MO2's modlist has them in reverse order so SSE Engine Fixes is on top):

+DynDOLOD_Output Vanilla
-DynDOLOD_Output WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1
+TexGen_Output Vanilla
-DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 3.00
-DynDOLOD PapurysUtil SE - Scripts 3.00
+DynDOLOD DLL SE - SKSE64 Plugin - Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97
+DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.5.39 - 1.5.97
+Address Library for SKSE Plugins

For my next test I will use PapayrusUtil and use scripts 2 if that is OK.

Edited by Saint_Chewy

1 hour ago, Saint_Chewy said:

For my test that I am performing currently, I load the game and at the start menu and I coc riverwood and then run down the road and go east towards the south side of Riften. I will typically know if its going to stutter or not by the time I reach Fort Amol. Now as of my most previous test this has been my load order (MO2's modlist has them in reverse order so SSE Engine Fixes is on top):

+DynDOLOD_Output Vanilla
-DynDOLOD_Output WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1
+TexGen_Output Vanilla
-DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 3.00
-DynDOLOD PapurysUtil SE - Scripts 3.00
+DynDOLOD DLL SE - SKSE64 Plugin - Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97
+DynDOLOD Resources SE

For my next test I will use PapayrusUtil and use scripts 2 if that is OK.

Are you changing player speed in any way?

Replace attached script in DynDOLOD Resource SE (scripts 2 for PapyrusUtil). Enable all papyrus logging.  Do your test with minimal setup, DynDOLOD.esm only. Quit the game as soon as you notice stutter. Upload the papyrus log. 

SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do your test with minimal setup, DynDOLOD.esm only

Yes I have the speedmult set to 250 - this originally was set to make sure what I was having was not actual load stutter. I can run around the whole map like this with no stutter currently. Also tested before with default speed and stutter would be the same.

Edit: Hopefully I did exactly as you asked only DynDOLOD.esm enabled in the plugins and I did my quick test. Uploaded my papyrus.log

Hopefully I did it correct if not I will do it again. This is how my left side of MO2 looked:

+DynDOLOD_Output Vanilla
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by Saint_Chewy

24 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Yes I have the speedmult set to 250 - this originally was set to make sure what I was having was not actual load stutter. I can run around the whole map like this with no stutter currently. Also tested before with default speed and stutter would be the same.

Edit: Hopefully I did exactly as you asked only DynDOLOD.esm enabled in the plugins and I did my quick test. Uploaded my papyrus.log

Hopefully I did it correct if not I will do it again. This is how my left side of MO2 looked:

+DynDOLOD_Output Vanilla
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions

Papyrus.0.log 456 kB · 0 downloads

Good. Repeat the test with DynDOLOD.esp enabled please.